X

3 Seniors Accidentally Eat Pot Brownies ... at Funeral

Trio heads to hospital after dose of 'medical marijuana' at memorial
By Mary Papenfuss,  Newser Staff
Posted Oct 11, 2011 1:33 AM CDT

(Newser) – Three elderly southern California residents couldn't figure out why they suddenly were so dizzy. Turns out they had accidentally consumed a hefty bit of pot in some marijuana brownies served at a Huntington Beach memorial service for a friend. The three, all in their 70s or 80s, were taken to a local hospital when they realized they couldn't stand without help.

story continues below

The dope was allegedly medical marijuana, according to a post on the local police department's Facebook page, where the incident was reported. "Marijuana is a drug, and like all other drugs and alcohol, it is important to understand the negative consequences it creates in our community," noted the department. "Calling it 'medical marijuana' does not make it any safer." Huntington Beach doesn't allow or have licensed medical marijuana dispensaries in the city limits. (Read more pot brownies stories.)

We use cookies. By Clicking "OK" or any content on this site, you agree to allow cookies to be placed. Read more in our privacy policy.
Get the news faster.
Tap to install our app.
X