X

No Pets for 3 Years After Man's Puppy Drinks Vodka

Drunk British man failed to help swaying, staggering dog
By Evann Gastaldo,  Newser Staff
Posted Jan 5, 2012 1:13 PM CST
No Pets for 3 Years After Man's Puppy Drinks Vodka
A UK man was banned from having pets for three years after his puppy (not shown) got drunk.   (?riaan_cornelius)

(Newser) – Attention dog owners: Next time you're drinking vodka and Coke, don't leave your glass on the floor. Matthew Cox, 26, did just that, went outside to have a cigarette, and returned to find that his 6-month-old Labrador puppy, Max, had finished his drink for him. The Brit was too drunk to help the swaying puppy, and ended up leaving him with his roommate when he went out to DJ, the BBC reports. Now Cox has been banned from having a dog for three years, and Max has found a new home.

story continues below

Police were alerted to the situation by two girls who saw Max, staggering and falling, outside stores near Cox's home. Officers later found Max at Cox's home, the Daily Mail reports. They brought him to a vet for emergency treatment, where he was put on an IV drip for nearly a full day to recover. Cox pleaded guilty to failure to ensure an animal's welfare, and the judge who handed down the three-year ban called his actions "just downright stupid." (Read more vodka stories.)

We use cookies. By Clicking "OK" or any content on this site, you agree to allow cookies to be placed. Read more in our privacy policy.
Get the news faster.
Tap to install our app.
X
Install the Newser News app
in two easy steps:
1. Tap in your navigation bar.
2. Tap to Add to Home Screen.

X