A revelation that porn may be a brain-changer, and insight into how Bruce Lee put his brain to use for more productive purposes:
- Watching Porn Linked to Brain Differences: Men who watch porn tend to be a little different in the head—literally. A study of men between the ages of 21 and 45 found that the more porn they reported watching, the smaller the volume of the brain area associated with rewards and motivation was. Researchers emphasize, however, that they can't conclude that watching porn is harmful.
- Secret to Bruce Lee Punch: His Brain: Bruce Lee could famously pack a wallop from a short distance—as in one inch. But how on earth did he punch with such power in so short a span? Turns out, it's all about the brain and its ability to synchronize.
- Cynical? You May Be Prone to Dementia: Hard-core cynics won't believe a word of it, but Finnish researchers think they're more likely to suffer from dementia late in life. Three times more likely, in fact.
- New Drinking Water Source: Cow Poop? A new technology could make a world of difference to struggling farmers low on water but rich in cow poop. Researchers created a system that extracts drinkable water—at least fit for livestock to drink—from manure, creating roughly 50 gallons of water from every 100 gallons of manure.
- Peat Bog the Size of England Discovered: The Republic of the Congo is home to a peat bog the size of England—but experts have only just discovered it. One reason: The areas are only walkable for a few months a year.
Click to read about more discoveries
. (Read more discoveries