This year, Black Friday marked the third busiest day for gun sales in Florida, the state with the most registered concealed weapons permits. And just this month, Florida was ranked second in the US in school shootings since Sandy Hook two years ago, trailing only neighboring Georgia, reports Miami New Times. Given the state is so gung-ho about guns, Broward/Palm Beach New Times has come up with a list of 7 ways Floridians have accidentally shot themselves since 2012:
- One man managed to fire his weapon in his pants while launching a bowling ball, injuring his leg.
- A husband somehow shot himself in the face while threatening one of his wife's 13 collies, killing himself.
- A cop literally shot himself in the foot while finishing up his meal at a restaurant with friends.
- Next up is the man who decided to play Russian Roulette and, well, shot himself doing it.
- Another man shot himself in the hand and his buddy in the arm while they were cleaning their guns.
- And we can't leave off the teenager who nailed himself in the penis and left testicle while cleaning his gun.
- Finally, Jose Canseco gets a nod for shooting his own middle finger off while cleaning his semiautomatic pistol.
Last year, a Florida woman pulled a gun on Walmart employees
when they wouldn't take her coupon. (And, rejoice: Florida has now passed New York in population