"Donald Trump 2016" is officially a thing. The real estate mogul/reality-TV star today declared, "So ladies and gentlemen, I am officially running for president of the United States and we are going to make our country great again. It can happen. ... I will be the greatest jobs president that God ever created." As for what else he said, SE Cupp tweeted, "Trump is winging it. This is not embargoed speech I have." Oh, and "First presidential announcement to include the word 'crap'?" So here are nine more things he did say:
- "Even our nuclear arsenal doesn't work. I thought it was horrible when [that fact] was broadcast on television because, boy, does that send signals to Putin ... that America is a nation that truly has no clue."
- On ObamaCare: "You have to get hit by a tractor, literally a tractor to use it because the deductibles are so high."
- On what he says was $5 billion spent making the ObamaCare website: "I have so many websites. I have them all over the place. I hire people, it costs me $3."
- "We don't have victories anymore ... I beat China all the time."
- "Politicians are all talk, no action. Politicians will not bring us to the promised land."
- On China: "They're building a military island in the middle of the South China Sea. Now our country would never do that because we'd have to get environmental clearance. You have a problem with ISIS, you have a bigger problem with China."
- "Saudi Arabia. They make $1 billion a day. I love the Saudis. Many are in this building. Whenever they have problems we send over the ships. What are we doing? They have nothing but money. ... Saudi Arabia without us is gone."
- "Somebody said to me the other day, a reporter, 'But Mr. Trump, you're not a nice person. How can you get people to vote for you?' I said, 'I don't know.' I said, 'Number one, I am a nice person. I think I'm actually a very nice person. But I said this is going to be an election that's based on competence.'"
- "Some people say, 'Well, Donald will never run and one of the main reasons is he's private and he's probably not as successful as everyone thinks.' ... So a large accounting firm has been working for months ... and they've put together a financial statement. ... I have assets, big accounting firm, $9,240,000,000. And I have liabilities of about $500 [million] ... so I have a total net worth of $8,737,540,000. I'm not doing that to brag. I'm doing that to say that's the kind of thinking our country needs."
(Read more Donald Trump