Teen Electrocuted While Trying YouTube Experiment

15-year-old boy was apparently trying to make a 'Jacob's Ladder'
By Evann Gastaldo,  Newser Staff
Posted Apr 20, 2016 8:19 AM CDT
Teen Electrocuted While Trying YouTube Experiment
YouTube image of a Jacob's Ladder.   (YouTube)

A 15-year-old Ohio boy died Tuesday night, apparently while attempting to recreate something he saw on YouTube, WKYC reports. Police say Morgan Wojciechowski was trying to make a "Jacob's Ladder," in which a high-voltage spark of electricity travels between two wires parallel to one another and climbs up them, creating a "ladder." (Here's one such video showing how to make one, but many can be found on YouTube.) Morgan was electrocuted in his attempt, which took place in his garage, the Sandusky Register reports. Firefighters and paramedics treated him at the scene after getting a call about the incident, but he was pronounced dead at a nearby hospital. (More electrocution stories.)

Get the news faster.
Tap to install our app.
Install the Newser News app
in two easy steps:
1. Tap in your navigation bar.
2. Tap to Add to Home Screen.