Curious Dog Eats Super Glue, Gets Great Souvenir

'Just a small amount had just swollen up to the size of a turkey leg'
By Michael Harthorne,  Newser Staff
Posted Jun 15, 2016 12:33 PM CDT

(Newser) – An Oklahoma City family has a permanent memento of the time their 6-month-old Weimaraner ate a bottle of Gorilla Glue: a perfect mold of the dog's stomach. CNN reports Lake made a snack of the partially full bottle of super glue she found in the trash last Thursday and started vomiting. Owner Krystal Wilson rushed Lake to the vet, who "could feel a mass about the size of a grapefruit." “Just a small amount had just swollen up to the size of a turkey leg,” Wilson tells KFOR.

story continues below

After a two-hour surgery, vet Leonardo Baez tells CNN, "We were able to extract a perfect mold of her stomach." The glue had hardened into a replica of Lake's stomach, complete with bits of grass and pieces of the Gorilla Glue bottle. If they hadn't acted quickly, the hardened glue could have torn the dog's stomach. Baez says Gorilla Glue has a sweet taste that is inviting to both children and pets and reminds people to keep it out of reach of both. (Read more super glue stories.)

We use cookies. By Clicking "OK" or any content on this site, you agree to allow cookies to be placed. Read more in our privacy policy.
Get the news faster.
Tap to install our app.