A California family is "devastated" after a 3-year-old girl died Saturday following a dental procedure in San Ramon, CBS SF Bay Area reports. According to the San Francisco Chronicle, staff at Dentalbliss called 911 when they were unable to get Marvelena Rady to wake up following a procedure. She wasn't breathing when emergency responders arrived and was pronounced dead at the hospital.
Officials have said Marvelena died of complications from the dental procedure but haven't said what the procedure was, whether she was under anesthesia, or what the cause of death is. No criminal investigation is being undertaken. Dentalbliss' dentist is listed as Dr. Cheri Dang, who's been licensed since 2009, the Mercury News reports. "God have mercy on you my daughter," Marvelena's father posted on Facebook. (Read more dentistry stories.)