Thanksgiving is coming up, and in the spirit of overindulgence, MEL magazine offers up a list of "the disgusting ways actors have gained weight for their roles." A sampling:
- Forget articles about "how to lose 30 pounds in 30 days." George Clooney reportedly gained 30 pounds in 30 days for his role in Syriana. Sounds like it was pretty easy: He quit exercising and ate junk food. "Mostly you just eat until you want to throw up, and make sure you don’t throw up," he once explained.
- Speaking of vomiting, Jared Leto had to gain weight to play John Lennon assassin Mark David Chapman in Chapter 27, and instead of eating doughnuts and chips like Clooney did, he took the truly gross route: Microwaving ice cream and then mixing it up with olive oil and soy sauce and drinking it.
- Microwaving ice cream is apparently a thing when it comes to gaining weight. "I would microwave pints of Häagen-Dazs coffee ice cream and drink it for breakfast," Colin Farrell once said about gaining 40 pounds for his role in The Lobster. Also on the breakfast menu: cheeseburgers.
- One last melted ice cream chugger: Ryan Gosling, who gained 60 pounds for The Lovely Bones.
- Sample breakfast for Sylvester Stallone when he gained 40 pound for his role in Copland: five pancakes with peanut butter and whipped cream on top, oatmeal, two bagels also topped with peanut butter, 10 fried eggs, French fries, and cheesecake.
Click for the full list
. (Read more weight gain