Google is out with some strange findings about spelling as a tribute to the Scripps National Spelling Bee that runs this week. It tweeted a map with a state-by-state breakdown on which words residents looked up the most in a "how to spell" search. One of the oddest results is in Wisconsin, where people looked up, yes, "Wisconsin" the most. Some other nuggets:
- Beautiful: This was the most vexing word in five states—California, Kentucky, Minnesota, New York, and Ohio.
- Pneumonia: This tripped up people in four states—Alabama, Maine, Michigan, and Washington.
- Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious: West Virginia and Connecticut struggle with this fake Mary Poppins word.
- Banana: New Mexico
- Gray: Georgia
- Chihuahua: Arkansas and South Carolina
- College: South Dakota
- Hallelujah: Delaware and Indiana
- Liar: Rhode Island
- People: Hawaii
See all the states here
. And, no, "covfefe"
didn't turn up. (Read more spelling