Where do all the cool kids hang out? Forbes thinks it's got that figured out with its list of some of the hippest, most happening neighborhoods around the globe, culled from travel experts. These are districts that aren't necessarily crammed with the most famous landmarks or where you'll bump into the most tourists—instead, they're "up-and-coming" neighborhoods where "local life is really happening," whether that means hot new cafes, flourishing art scenes, and even hotels boasting "serious Wes Anderson vibes" (that one's in Amsterdam's Noord). Here, five standouts:
- Pilsen (Chicago). See the Sun-Times for more details on the area that has "long been a first-stop neighborhood for many immigrants."
- Amsterdam Noord (Amsterdam, the Netherlands)
- Getsemani (Cartegena, Colombia)
- Plekhanov (Tbilisi, Georgia)
- Seongsu-dong (Seoul, South Korea)
Find out what other neighborhoods made the list
. (America's 10 best suburbs here