The drunk Apple engineer who left his iPhone prototype in a bar shouldn’t feel too bad: At least he didn’t lose, say, blueprints for the H-bomb like one physicist did. The Daily Beast lists 11 other famously misplaced items:
- Top-secret laptop: Once again, alcohol is to blame. A senior MI6 agent imbibed a little too much at a tapas bar and left his laptop—presumably containing some fairly sensitive info.
- Passwords: Yes, more alcohol—probably. A USB memory stick containing 12 million passwords was found outside a Staffordshire pub.
- iPhone: The last time an iPhone prototype went missing, the story was a lot more tragic. The Chinese employee who lost the phone committed suicide.
- Nude pictures: Apparently, Ashton Kutcher really likes to take nude photos of his wife. About 30 of them were on his cell phone when it went missing, and a Spanish man tried to sell it for $1 million.
- Very expensive instruments: At least three musicians have left instruments worth anywhere from $700,000 to $4 million in cabs.
For the complete list, click here
. (Read more iPhone