For someone not officially running for anything, Sarah Palin spends an awful lot of time running her mouth. Among highlights from yesterday's soundbite extravaganza, as reported by the AP:
- If Obama and the Dems thought they "could get away with it, they would ban guns and ban ammunition and gut the Second Amendment," Palin, a lifelong NRA member who once had a baby shower at a gun range in Alaska, told the NRA national convention. "It's the job of all of us to stop them in their tracks."
- She dismissed criticism of tea partiers as violent, racist, or redneck, saying, "I don't really have a problem with the redneck part of it, to tell you the truth."
- Look out for GOP women to "take this country back" in the fall elections, Palin told an anti-abortion group. "If you thought pit bulls were tough, you don't want to mess with mama grizzlies."
- Further, Obama is "the most pro-abortion president ever to occupy the White House," Palin said, contending that his health reform would fund abortions.
- And it's still "drill, baby, drill," despite the Gulf spill, Palin told ABC News.
(Read more Sarah Palin