Worried you’ll never get married? Good news: If you’re a woman living in the US, your chances of getting hitched before 40 are 86%. Men in the US? A still-hopeful 81%. Anneli Rufus runs down 14 more signs you’ll tie the knot, in the Daily Beast:
- Intelligence and education: A high IQ will land you a 29% higher likelihood of getting married than a low IQ, and college grads are 9% to 14% more likely to get hitched than high school dropouts.
- Divorce: It might seem counterintuitive, but a person who’s been through a divorce has a 75% chance of remarrying.
- Weight: If you weren’t overweight as an adolescent, you’re 20% more likely (as a woman) or 11% more likely (as a man) than someone who was.
- Health: Those who’ve never received a bone marrow transplant are 14% more likely to marry than those who have—because mates could be scared of related health issues.
- Jail time: White males who’ve done time have a 95.1% chance of marrying by age 40…but “ex-inmates are more likely to assault their partners than other men,” writes the author of that study.
For the complete list, click here
. Of course, just because you get married doesn’t mean you’ll live happily ever after: Check out signs you’ll end up cheating
or get divorced
. (Read more marriage