Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
3 Republicans in Florida
Accused of Voter Fraud
Dec 14, 2021 3:27 PM CST
3 Republicans in Florida Accused of Voter Fraud
Authorities say retirees cast ballots in more than one state
- Texas Lt. Gov Dan Patrick might have to cough up another voter fraud bounty : Three residents of a retirement community in central Florida have been arrested for allegedly voting more than once in the 2020 election,
reports. Jay Ketcik, Joan Halstead, and John Rider are each accused of...
Earns Voter Fraud Bounty
Oct 21, 2021 5:35 PM CDT
Republican's Conviction Earns Voter Fraud Bounty
Fund set up to back Trump claims pays in Pennsylvania case
- This might not be quite how Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick imagined his voter fraud tip line would work. With former President Donald Trump rejecting the results of the 2020 presidential elections, Patrick announced last November that he'd set up a $1 million fund to reward tipsters who reported...
Homeland Security Warns of
Threat from Trump Conspiracy
Aug 7, 2021 11:03 AM CDT
Homeland Security Warns of Threat from Trump Conspiracy
DHS cites online chatter, says threat is modest
- The Department of Homeland Security is raising the alarm. There’s a growing trend of calls for violence from conspiracy theorists who want former president Donald Trump reinstated, the agency said in a bulletin sent to state and local authorities. The Jan. 6 attack on the US Capitol, an event...
Texas Man Who Waited Hours
to Vote Arrested For Voting
Jul 11, 2021 2:26 PM CDT
Texas Man Who Waited Hours to Vote Arrested For Voting
Hervis Rogers says he did not know he couldn't vote while on parole
- A Texas man waited in line for six hours to do his civic duty—the last one to vote in the 2020 presidential primary at his polling station. A photo of him with his hard-won “I voted” sticker went viral. Then he got arrested, Houston Public Media reports. Hervis...
Suspect in Wife's
in Her Name
May 14, 2021 2:14 PM CDT
Suspect in Wife's Death Cast Fake Ballot in Her Name
Barry Morphew told investigators he was sure she would have voted for Trump
- A Colorado man suspected in the death of his wife , who disappeared on Mother's Day 2020, is also accused of submitting a fraudulent vote on her behalf for Donald Trump in November's presidential election, newly released court documents show. Barry Morphew told investigators he mailed the ballot on...
His Mom Voted for Trump.
She Died in 2008.
May 4, 2021 8:44 AM CDT
His Mom Voted for Trump. She Died in 2008.
Pa. man gets 5 years of probation for unlawful voting for casting absentee ballot for dead mother
- Elizabeth Bartman voted for President Trump in the 2020 election, but there was one problem: She'd been dead since 2008. Now, her son has been sentenced to five years of probation after he confessed to securing an absentee ballot in his mom's name and casting it. The
'Lies Have Consequences':
Dominion Sues Fox News
Mar 26, 2021 9:45 AM CDT
'Lies Have Consequences': Dominion Sues Fox News
Company says network knowingly spreads lies to boost its business
- Dominion Voting has already sued Donald Trump's personal attorney Rudy Giuliani , pro-Trump lawyer Sidney Powell , and MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell for allegedly touting lies about election fraud. Now, it's suing the network on which they appeared. Dominion on Friday filed a $1.6 billion defamation lawsuit against Fox...
Investigated for Voter Fraud
Feb 3, 2021 6:33 AM CST
Pro-Trump Lawyer Investigated for Voter Fraud
Lin Wood, who voted in Georgia, said he's been living in SC for 'months'
- A pro-Trump lawyer who vehemently defended the former president's claims of election fraud is under investigation for possible voter fraud in Georgia. The office of Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger says it's investigating Lin Wood, who was based in Atlanta, after he told a reporter he'd been...
'To Show His Support,'
Trump Fan Cast Illegal Ballot
Dec 22, 2020 7:37 AM CST
'To Show His Support,' Trump Fan Cast Illegal Ballot
Bruce Bartman, 70, charged with voting as dead mother in Pennsylvania
- A Pennsylvania supporter of President Trump has been charged with perjury and unlawful voting after allegedly casting a vote for his dead mother. Prosecutors say Bruce Bartman actually registered two dead women to vote as Republicans in Nether Providence Township in advance of the presidential election: his mother Elizabeth Bartman,...
Ex-Cop Pulls Gun
in Hunt for 'Fake
Dec 16, 2020 5:24 PM CST
Ex-Cop Pulls Gun in Hunt for 'Fake Ballots': Report
Mark Anthony Aguirre is facing up to 20 years in prison
- An ex-police captain was charged Tuesday after allegedly stopping a man at gunpoint in Texas and accusing him of voter fraud, CNN reports. Prosecutors say Mark Anthony Aguirre, 63, was even paid over $260,000 for his work. "He crossed the line from dirty politics to commission of a...
Sorry for Falsely
Nov 16, 2020 3:33 AM CST
Tucker Carlson Sorry for Falsely Claiming Dead Man Voted
It was actually the man's wife, who is still alive, Fox News host admits
- Make no mistake: Tucker Carlson still believes that a lot of ballots belonging to dead voters were cast in the 2020 election. But for at least one dead voter, the Fox News host admitted he got it wrong. "We've got some good news tonight, and an apology. One...
Trumpers File 15
Suits in One State Alone
Nov 11, 2020 5:17 PM CST
Trumpers File 15 Suits in One State Alone
'Accusing people of fraud is a pretty big step'
- During a Pennsylvania court hearing this week on one of the many election lawsuits brought by President Trump, a judge asked a campaign lawyer whether he had found any signs of fraud from among the 592 ballots challenged, the AP reports. The answer was no. "Accusing people of fraud...
Sources: USPS Worker
Admits Making Up
Election Fraud Allegations
Nov 11, 2020 1:08 AM CST
Sources: USPS Worker Admits Making Up Election Fraud Allegations
But he denies that in his own update on the case
- The United States Postal Service worker who claimed a postmaster in Erie, Pa., told employees to backdate ballots that were mailed after Election Day has admitted he made up the allegations, sources tell the
. The claim, which has been cited by top Republicans including Lindsey Graham as evidence...
Barr's Memo to Prosecutors on
Election Fraud Is Controversial
Nov 10, 2020 6:52 AM CST
Barr's Memo to Prosecutors on Election Fraud Is Controversial
He tells DOJ to go ahead and probe election fraud claims
- Attorney General William Barr has authorized federal prosecutors across the US to pursue “substantial allegations” of voting irregularities, if they exist, before the 2020 presidential election is certified, despite no evidence of widespread fraud. Barr’s action comes days after Joe Biden defeated President Trump and raises the prospect...
The AP Finds 'Real Reason'
for Voter-Fraud Allegations
Nov 8, 2020 5:00 PM CST
The AP Finds 'Real Reason' for Voter-Fraud Allegations
Proof isn't really the point, they say
- The Trump campaign's strategy to file a barrage of lawsuits challenging Joe Biden's win is more about providing President Trump with an off-ramp for a loss he can’t quite grasp and less about changing the election’s outcome, according to senior officials, campaign aides and allies who...
Oct 31, 2020 2:00 PM CDT
Obama Targets Trump's Version of Masculinity
Joe Biden and President Trump also hit the campaign trail
- Barack Obama blasted President Trump as egotistical and incompetent during a campaign event in Flint, Michigan, the AP reports. The former president spoke Saturday at a drive-in rally at his first joint campaign event with Joe Biden. Obama told the crowd that Trump "cares about feeding his ego" while...
Trump: To Test
Try to Vote Twice
Sep 3, 2020 1:43 AM CDT
Trump: To Test Absentee System, Try to Vote Twice
President was asked about North Carolina's absentee system
- When asked by North Carolina news station WECT whether he was confident in the state's absentee voting system, President Trump on Wednesday appeared to suggest that, in order to test said system, voters should attempt to vote twice and see how it goes. His answer:
GOP Rep Charged
With Voter Fraud
Jul 15, 2020 4:32 AM CDT
GOP Rep Charged With Voter Fraud
Steve Watkins allegedly listed UPS postal box as his residence
- A freshman Kansas congressman who had listed a UPS postal box as his residence on a state voter registration form was charged Tuesday with three felonies, including illegal voting, the AP reports. The charges against GOP Rep. Steve Watkins came three weeks before the state's Aug. 4 primary election...
Trump: 'Twitter Is Now
Interfering' in Election
May 27, 2020 6:55 AM CDT
Trump: 'Twitter Is Now Interfering' in Election
President hits back at social media company after it flags his tweets
- President Trump is hitting back hard at Twitter after the social media company started flagging his tweets about mail-in voting. The tech giant "is now interfering in the 2020 Presidential Election. They are saying my statement on Mail-In Ballots, which will lead to massive corruption and fraud, is incorrect,...
May 25, 2020 1:59 AM CDT
Republican Party Sues California Over Mail-In Voting
RNC wants to block Gov. Gavin Newsom's plan
- The Republican National Committee is not OK with California's plan to send every resident a mail-in ballot for the November election and is now suing over what it calls an "illegal power grab" by the governor. The RNC, along with the National Republican Congressional Committee and the California...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Secrets of Playboy 's Hugh Hefner Allegations Are Graphic
'Stealth Omicron' Has Arrived in the US
In This City, a US First on Gun Ownership
After 6 Years in Jail for Staying Mum on Gold, a New Roadblock
Melania Trump's Hat 'Collateral Damage' of Crypto Crash
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.