Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
His Little 1973 Startup
Has Done OK
Mar 29, 2022 12:34 PM CDT
His Little 1973 Startup Has Done OK
Fred Smith stepping down as CEO of FedEx
- FedEx Corp. said Monday that Fred Smith will step down on June 1 as CEO of the package-delivery company he started a half-century ago, per the AP . Smith, 77, launched FedEx in 1973, delivering small parcels and documents more quickly than the post office could. Over the decades, he oversaw...
Black FedEx Driver: White
Father and Son Shot at Me
Feb 11, 2022 12:52 PM CST
Black FedEx Driver: White Father and Son Shot at Me
D'Monterrio Gibson says Brandon and Gregory Chase fired at his delivery van, chased him out of Mississippi town
- A white father and son are facing criminal charges in Mississippi, accused of shooting at a Black FedEx driver last month while he was working. D'Monterrio Gibson, 24, tells CNN that on the evening of Jan. 24, he was delivering FedEx packages out of a Hertz rental van, complete...
Slam Lands Poorly
Jan 4, 2022 3:00 AM CST
Carli Lloyd's FedEx Driver Slam Lands Poorly
Soccer legend wasn't happy with FedEx driver's package placement
- Former soccer player Carli Lloyd's Twitter critique of a delivery driver didn't go how she probably thought it would, and now she might be saying goodbye to the social network entirely. Lloyd, a two-time Olympic gold medalist, tweeted a photo of packages sitting on her steps in the...
New Clues in FedEx
'Debacle' in Alabama
Dec 1, 2021 9:40 AM CST
New Clues in FedEx 'Debacle' in Alabama
Blount County Sheriff's Office says a driver dumped packages in ravine 'at least 6 times'
Looks like they have the who—now they just need the why. On Monday, the Blount County Sheriff's Office in Alabama revealed it had identified and questioned the FedEx driver who'd dumped hundreds of packages in a ravine outside Hayden. The unnamed driver had ditched packages at...
FedEx Has to Reroute
600K Packages a Day
Sep 23, 2021 1:35 PM CDT
FedEx Has to Reroute 600K Packages a Day
It's all because of a labor shortage
- FedEx is rerouting 600,000 packages a day, resulting in longer delivery times, because of a labor shortage that could stretch into the holiday season. About 6% of the average daily volume of packages is being rerouted across the FedEx Ground network, President and COO Raj Subramaniam told investors during...
FedEx Shooter's Family
Apr 18, 2021 6:30 AM CDT
FedEx Shooter's Family Speaks Out
Brandon Hole's family says they tried getting the 19-year-old the 'help he needed'
- The family of the shooter who went on a rampage at an Indianapolis FedEx facility has spoken out. Per
, Brandon Hole's family issued a brief statement Saturday and declined all media interviews. “We are devastated at the loss of life caused as a result of Brandon’...
FBI: Mother Warned Police
About FedEx Shooter
Apr 17, 2021 11:13 AM CDT
FBI: Mother Warned Police About FedEx Shooter
She feared Brandon Scott Hole, 19, would commit 'suicide by cop'
- Police in Indianapolis say they are still trying to figure out a motive in the shooting at a FedEx warehouse that left eight victims dead. Authorities have identified the gunman, who police say killed himself at the scene, as 19-year-old Brandon Scott Hole of Indianapolis. As it turns out, he...
ID'd as a 19-Year-Old
Apr 16, 2021 2:11 PM CDT
Indianapolis Shooter ID'd as a 19-Year-Old
But police don't speculate about motive of Brandon Scott Hole in attack that killed 8
- In Indianapolis, more questions than answers were in play Friday after the mass shooting at a FedEx warehouse that left eight victims dead and at least five others injured. The shooter also is dead, apparently by suicide. Coverage:
Eight people were shot to death, four inside and four outside
Walmart Says It Has
New Return Option
Dec 21, 2020 1:54 PM CST
Walmart Says It Has 'Incredibly Convenient' New Return Option
FedEx will take away unwanted items bought online
- Walmart says it has worked with FedEx to create an "incredibly convenient" option for people who would prefer not to visit busy stores to return items in the middle of an intensifying pandemic. In a blog post , Walmart exec Linne Fulcher says customers can now return items bought online...
Amid COVID and the
Holidays, a 'Profound'
Move by 'Fierce Rivals'
Dec 11, 2020 11:11 AM CST
Amid COVID and the Holidays, a 'Profound' Move by 'Fierce Rivals'
UPS, FedEx are teaming up for a COVID vaccine 'shipathon' during holiday shopping season
- With people hunkered down at home during the pandemic and doing even more of their holiday shopping than usual online, delivery companies like UPS and FedEx are already facing unprecedented shipping demands over the next few weeks. Now, what Axios calls another "heavy lift" has been added to that...
FedEx Driver: I Was Fired After
Video of Customer Dust-Up
May 21, 2020 8:05 AM CDT
FedEx Driver: I Was Fired After Video of Customer Dust-Up
Antonio Braswell says customer threatened to 'whoop [our] black a--es' after package delivery
- A black FedEx delivery driver in Georgia says he and a co-worker were fired after filming a confrontation with a customer and putting it online, NBC News reports. The video posted by a man IDed by Business Insider as Antonio Braswell doesn't show what happened initially in the Tuesday...
He Left His Room for 3 Hours.
He Got 4 Weeks in Jail
May 15, 2020 7:44 AM CDT
He Left His Room for 3 Hours. He Got 4 Weeks in Jail
Singapore jails US pilot for breaching quarantine
- An American FedEx pilot has become the first foreigner jailed for breaching Singapore's strict quarantine regulations. Alaska resident Brian Yeargan, 44, and two co-pilots were told to spend 14 days isolated in an airport hotel before entering the city after arriving from Australia on April 3. They had planned...
Amazon Pulls Plug
on Amazon Shipping
Apr 8, 2020 9:10 AM CDT
Amazon Pulls Plug on Amazon Shipping
Amazon Shipping, competitor to UPS and FedEx, suspended amid coronavirus pandemic
- Because of the coronavirus, Amazon is dealing with so many delivery orders right now that it just decided to rob its own Peter to pay Paul. Sources tell the
Wall Street Journal
that, starting in June, the e-commerce giant will halt Amazon Shipping, a fledgling service available in just a...
How Safe Are
Mar 21, 2020 2:00 PM CDT
How Safe Are Amazon, UPS Deliveries?
Amazon and delivery companies face the coronavirus
- Amazon, UPS, and FedEx are grappling with scary new realities as the coronavirus adds to their workload and affects their business practices. For example, 12 UPS drivers across nine states are saying the company doesn't protect them. They tell NBC News that UPS hasn't given drivers protective gear...
FedEx Driver Survives
75-Foot Fall After 'Good Deed'
Feb 24, 2020 9:35 AM CST
FedEx Driver Survives 75-Foot Fall After 'Good Deed'
Jeremiah Cribb jumped over side of NC bridge to avoid getting hit by truck while helping motorists
- It was a middle-of-the-night "good deed" that FedEx driver Jeremiah Cribb was trying to do, per CNN —but it turned out to be one that landed him in the hospital after he plunged 75 feet over a North Carolina bridge. The
and WSOC report that Cribb,...
FedEx: Those Texts, Emails
You're Getting Aren't From Us
Jan 23, 2020 9:17 AM CST
FedEx: Those Texts, Emails You're Getting Aren't From Us
Company warns it's not sending out package information with bad links to consumers
- That text or email you just got from FedEx about your package that starts "Hello mate"? Don't open it, or if you do by mistake, don't click on any of its links. That's because it's a scam, the delivery giant says, and one that'...
Family: Package Hurled by
FedEx Driver Crushed Dog
Nov 21, 2019 7:39 AM CST
Family: Package Hurled by FedEx Driver Crushed Dog
Yorkshire terrier Cooper was euthanized
- A California couple wants FedEx drivers to stop throwing packages after one such parcel reportedly left their dog critically injured. Cooper, a 4-pound Yorkshire terrier, was in the yard of the Venice home of Keiko Napier and Mitchell Galin on Saturday when a box containing a heavy glass bowl and...
FedEx Cuts Ties With Amazon
Aug 7, 2019 11:45 AM CDT
FedEx Cuts Ties With Amazon
It will no longer make ground deliveries, had already terminated air deliveries
- FedEx is severing ties with Amazon as the online retailer builds out its own delivery fleet and becomes more of a threat, the AP reports. The announcement Wednesday that FedEx would no longer make ground deliveries for Amazon comes two months after the delivery company said it was terminating its...
China Goes After FedEx
for 'Diverted' Packages
Jun 1, 2019 8:00 AM CDT
China Goes After FedEx for 'Diverted' Packages
A new development in the Huawei hubbub
- China's state media says the country is investigating FedEx after it allegedly diverted packages sent by Chinese tech giant Huawei, the AP reports. The official Xinhua News Agency said Saturday that FedEx "severely harmed clients' legitimate rights and interests and violated China's delivery industry regulations." Four...
DA: FedEx Driver Had Every
Right to Confront Racist
Nov 21, 2018 4:46 PM CST
DA: FedEx Driver Had Every Right to Confront Racist
Timothy Warren threw a fatal punch, will face no charges
- A FedEx driver in Portland, Oregon, will not face charges after he landed a fatal punch against a man hurling racial slurs at him, reports the
. The unusual case involves Timothy Warren, a 41-year-old black FedEx driver, and Joseph Magnuson, a 55-year-old white man. Police say Warren was driving...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Before Trip, Petito Worried About Laundrie's 'Episodes'
At Least 6 Killed, 24 Hurt in Parade Mass Shooting
Cheney: 'Trump Can Never Be Near the Oval Office Again'
'Denmark Was Hit by a Cruel Attack on Sunday Night'
Teen's Sudden Mental Collapse Ended in a National Park
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.