Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
'Filthy Cheater' Called Out
in Full-Page Newspaper Ad
Aug 16, 2022 5:12 PM CDT
'Filthy Cheater' Called Out in Full-Page Newspaper Ad
The ad has generated some global attention, for the newspaper at least
- Somewhere in Australia, someone named "Jenny" feels avenged, and someone named "Steve" feels ashamed. Also, a small-town newspaper has garnered some global attention. Per
Jenny" took out a full-page, “premium placement” ad in a local newspaper with the following message in all-caps: "Dear Steve,...
Lawsuit to McDonald's: Where
Are the Burgers in Your Ads?
May 19, 2022 11:23 AM CDT
Lawsuit to McDonald's: Where Are the Burgers in Your Ads?
Chain, along with Wendy's, is accused of false advertising
- Earlier this year, three law firms accused Burger King of making its burgers look way better in advertisements than they are in reality. Now the trio is going after McDonald's and Wendy's with the same accusation, reports the
Wall Street Journal
. The new lawsuit alleges that Wendy's...
in New Ad
May 12, 2022 12:17 PM CDT
Jane Goodall Surrounded by Underwear in New Ad
Primatologist, 88, keeps her own clothes on in ad for sustainable clothing brand Boody
- Dr. Jane Goodall has accomplished a lot in her life. But for the first time, at age 88, she's now fronting an underwear campaign. The renowned primatologist appears front and center in a new ad for Australian sustainable clothing brand Boody. Though her clothes remain on in the rainforest...
No One's Sure Why Andrew
Cuomo Just Put Out This Ad
Mar 1, 2022 9:15 AM CST
No One's Sure Why Andrew Cuomo Just Put Out This Ad
Promo, which suggests sexual harassment case was politically motivated, spurs speculation
- Andrew Cuomo wasn't forced to resign from the New York governor's office because of a credible sexual harassment case but rather "political attacks," according to a new ad campaign. Per the
New York Times
, Cuomo's campaign is spending $369,000 to air a 30-second TV...
on COVID: 'Help'
Dec 20, 2021 9:20 AM CST
Ohio Hospitals' One-Word Plea on COVID: 'Help'
Medical centers in Cleveland area, Minnesota beg people to get vaxxed in major newspaper ads
- One word dominates a full-page advertisement that appeared in Sunday's
, Ohio's biggest newspaper. "Help," reads the bold-font plea, surrounded by white space, smack in the middle of the ad placed by the heads of six of the Cleveland area's medical facilities to try...
S. Korea Dairy Company Sorry
for Turning Women Into Cows
Dec 15, 2021 11:47 AM CST
S. Korea Dairy Company Sorry for Turning Women Into Cows
The advertisement for Seoul Milk wasn't well received
- "We are taking this matter seriously, and we will pay more attention and review to prevent similar problems in the future." It's a fairly standard corporate apology. What prompted South Korea's largest dairy company to issue it is a little less typical: an advertisement that critics...
Google Makes Big Move
on Climate Change Denial
Oct 8, 2021 11:15 AM CDT
Google Makes Big Move on Climate Change Denial
Company to restrict ads on Google, YouTube that promote climate change misinformation
- Google is cracking down on digital ads promoting false climate-change claims or being used to make money from such content, hoping to limit revenue for climate change deniers and stop the spread of misinformation on its platforms. The company said Thursday in a blog post that the new policy will...
Lindell's Latest Dispute Is With
Network That Helped Make Him
Jul 30, 2021 7:00 AM CDT
Lindell's Latest Dispute Is With Network That Helped Make Him
MyPillow CEO says he's pulling ads from Fox after he claims it wouldn't air commercial
- Mike Lindell says he has proof the presidency was stolen from Donald Trump in 2020, and next month he's set to livestream a cyber symposium that will allegedly present said proof. It's his commercial promoting the event, however, that's at the center of a dispute with Fox...
Pink Floyd Co-Founder Has
Harsh Words for Zuckerberg
Jun 15, 2021 6:41 AM CDT
Pink Floyd Co-Founder Has Harsh Words for Zuckerberg
Roger Waters calls Facebook CEO a 'little prick' after offer to use song
- Pink Floyd co-founder and bassist Roger Waters had a strong reaction to Facebook's request to use one of the band's songs in an ad promoting Instagram: "F--- you. No f---ing way." Waters went into detail about the offer during a Thursday event in honor of Julian...
PAC Co-Founder: Fox Rejected
Our Ad on Capitol Riot
Jun 7, 2021 7:33 AM CDT
PAC Co-Founder: Fox Rejected Our Ad on Capitol Riot
MeidasTouch's minute-long spot had emotional interviews with members of law enforcement
- A new ad about the chaos and violence faced by police officers during the Capitol riot features emotional interviews with some of those officers, but it doesn't look like Fox News viewers will get to see it anytime soon. Ben Meiselas, co-founder of the liberal, anti-Trump MeidasTouch PAC, tells...
CIA Goes 'Full
Woke' in New
May 5, 2021 10:00 AM CDT
CIA Goes 'Full Woke' in New Recruitment Ads
They're meant to help boost diversity in workforce, but not everyone loves them
- The CIA recently launched an updated recruitment website to boost the agency's efforts to draw in a more diverse workforce. But the "Humans of CIA" video ad series launched in 2019 to complement those efforts—including the latest one last week—has captured the attention of conservatives, and...
Suit Company's New Ads
Have People Buzzing
Mar 5, 2021 6:26 AM CST
Suit Company's New Ads Have People Buzzing
Suitsupply's 'New Normal' ad campaign forecasts a post-pandemic orgy
- The first thing you're going to do once you get the all-clear from Dr. Fauci is yank off your face mask, climb onto a bunch of sweaty strangers, and start offering them slobbering, open-mouthed kisses, right? That's what the post-pandemic future holds in "The New Normal,"...
New Zealand Has
Had It With Your
Jan 28, 2021 8:49 AM CST
New Zealand Has Had It With Your Instagram Shots
New tourism ad urges 'something new'
- First, New Zealand wanted to get on the map . Now, it's annoyed that travelers have flocked to its lookouts and lavender fields to post the same photos everyone else is sharing on social media. "People have been seeing those photos on social media, and they're going to...
For Satan and 2020,
It's a 'Match Made in Hell'
Dec 4, 2020 8:49 AM CST
For Satan and 2020, It's a 'Match Made in Hell'
'LOLsome' Match ads come courtesy of Ryan Reynolds, Taylor Swift
- When not making movies, investing in gin , or giving to charity , Ryan Reynolds brings us ads, and hilarious ones at that. This week, Match released two ads made by the actor's creative company, Maximum Effort. In the first , released Wednesday, Satan connects with the love of his life—the...
Sep 13, 2020 5:00 PM CDT
Perfume Brand to Boyega: 'We Deeply Apologize'
Jo Malone removed him from a Chinese version of a cologne commercial
- British perfume brand Jo Malone has apologized to Black actor John Boyega of
fame after cutting him out of the Chinese version of a cologne commercial he helped create, the AP reports. Jo Malone London said in a statement to the
that the ad designed for...
New E-Bike Ad Made France
So Anxious It Was Banned
in case you missed it
Jul 11, 2020 7:00 AM CDT
New E-Bike Ad Made France So Anxious It Was Banned
Country's regulatory agency bans commercial for VanMoof's S3 for 'creating climate of anxiety'
- If you feel a little wound up while watching the latest commercial for a Dutch e-bicycle, France's advertising regulatory agency gets it. The 45-second ad for VanMoof's $2,000 S3 e-bike that debuted last month features scenes of bumper-to-bumper traffic, with images of car accidents and smokestacks spewing...
Oops: State's Biggest Paper
Jun 22, 2020 4:29 AM CDT
Oops: State's Biggest Paper Publishes Full-Page Anti-Islam Ad
'Tennessean' investigating how ad got through approval process
- Somehow, a full-page ad claiming "Islam" would be detonating a bomb in Nashville appeared in the
newspaper Sunday. The paper, Tennessee's largest , is now apologizing, and saying it will probe how the ad came to be published, the
New York Times
reports. "Clearly there was a...
A 10-Second Volkswagen
Ad Spurs Outrage
May 20, 2020 11:35 AM CDT
A 10-Second Volkswagen Ad Spurs Outrage
Viewers found it racist in more ways than one
- Germany's Volkswagen has pulled a social media ad for a new car and apologized after an outcry over its racist overtones. The 10-second spot posted on Instagram and Twitter shows a massive white hand pushing a black man away from beside a new yellow Volkswagen Golf parked on the...
Is Victim of Very
Mar 13, 2020 1:25 PM CDT
KFC's Latest Ad Campaign Is Victim of Very Bad Timing
Fast-food chain pulls its 'Finger Lickin' Good' series amid coronavirus pandemic
- One of the first lines of defense against the novel coronavirus is hand-washing , which doesn't bode well for KFC's latest ad campaign. The Drum reports that upward of 160 complaints have been registered with the UK's Advertising Standards Authority over the fast-food chain's recently launched series...
Obama, Biden Have Same
Word for GOP Super PAC Ad
Feb 27, 2020 7:03 AM CST
Obama, Biden Have Same Word for GOP Super PAC Ad
- Barack Obama has remained relatively quiet on the political scene in the years since he left the Oval Office—but he's voicing his displeasure with an ad attacking his former VP. CNN reports that the law office representing Obama sent a cease-and-desist letter Wednesday to a GOP super PAC...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Soccer Stampede Leaves at Least 125 Dead
After Key Battlefield Loss, a Big Worry Emerges on Putin
A Shocking Death May Reflect a Disturbing Trend
Pro-Russia Parties Trounced
Best TV Shows of All Time
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.