Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Haley to Launch $10M Ad
Blitz to Overtake DeSantis
Nov 13, 2023 12:12 PM CST
Haley to Launch $10M Ad Blitz to Overtake DeSantis
Former UN ambassador plans TV, radio, and digital ads in Iowa, New Hampshire
- Nikki Haley's presidential campaign will reserve $10 million in television, radio, and digital advertising across Iowa and New Hampshire beginning in the first week of December, a massive investment designed to give the former United Nations ambassador an advantage over Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis. Details of the advertising plans,...
Cheeky Ad Helps World
Separate Sweden, Switzerland
Oct 29, 2023 6:33 AM CDT
Cheeky Ad Helps World Separate Sweden, Switzerland
No, they are not the same, as Visit Sweden so artfully explains
- President Biden made headlines when he mixed up Sweden and Switzerland last year. But he's not the only one. Apparently the countries' "vaguely similar names and flags with crosses on them" have created quite the confusion, per Politico . In the last year, 85,000 US Google searches asked,...
Amazon Prime Caves,
Will Run Ads on Films, Shows
Sep 22, 2023 11:30 AM CDT
Amazon Prime Caves, Will Run Ads on Films, Shows
Prime members who don't want such interruptions can fork over an extra $2.99 per month
- Amazon Prime Video will include advertising during shows and movies starting early next year, joining other streaming services that have added different tiers of subscriptions. Members of Amazon Prime can pay $2.99 per month in the US to keep their service ad-free, the company said Friday, per the AP...
Ben & Jerry's
Ditches Twitter Over
It's Not Alone
Jun 5, 2023 12:26 PM CDT
Ben & Jerry's Ditches Twitter Over 'Hate Speech.' It's Not Alone
'NYT' reports company has seen 59% drop in ad sales from previous year
- Elon Musk seemed cautiously optimistic in April about Twitter's finances, telling the BBC that most of the social media platform's advertisers had returned and that it was "roughly breaking even." New stats tell a somewhat different story, with an internal presentation seen by the
More Safety Execs
Jun 3, 2023 11:30 AM CDT
More Safety Execs Flee Twitter
AJ Brown, platform's head of brand safety and ad quality, steps down right after Ella Irwin
- First Ella Irwin, Twitter's second head of trust and safety under Elon Musk, resigned earlier this week. Now, two more safety executives at the company are stepping away as well, leaving many wondering what this means for the platform's future with advertisers. Sources tell the
Wall Street Journal
No One Seems
to Be Happy
Apr 18, 2023 8:44 AM CDT
No One Seems to Be Happy With Bud's New Ad
Beer giant's promo ticks off the right and the left after controversy around transgender influencer
- Conservatives are trashing Bud Light, literally and figuratively , as well as Anheuser-Busch's other offerings, in the wake of a partnership with transgender influencer Dylan Mulvaney. Now, a new ad from the beverage giant appears to be trying to smooth over that backlash, though it doesn't appear to be...
Quirky ESPN Ad
Campaign Is Back
Jan 3, 2023 12:20 PM CST
Quirky ESPN Ad Campaign Is Back
Syracuse's Otto the Orange joins US women's soccer stars for new 'This Is SportsCenter' ad
- ESPN's iconic advertising campaign is back, with the first installment of "This Is SportsCenter" in three years. The comical, off-kilter ads routinely feature athletes and mascots in promotion of ESPN's flagship sports news program. This one is no different. The 15-second " Orange Slices " shows US...
Balenciaga Faces Backlash
for 2 Eyebrow-Raising Ads
Nov 28, 2022 8:45 AM CST
Balenciaga Faces Backlash for 2 Eyebrow-Raising Ads
One featured kids with teddy bear bags draped in fetish gear, the other SCOTUS docs on child porn
- A fashion giant is under the microscope after two recent ad campaigns went awry, spurring a lawsuit and even dragging Kim Kardashian into the fray. The complaint filed Friday by Balenciaga in the New York State Supreme Court for the County of New York seeks $25 million in damages from...
Ad 'Will Leave
Into the Abyss'
Nov 10, 2022 8:00 PM CST
This Christmas Ad 'Will Leave You Staring Into the Abyss'
Mostly in a good way, though reaction is mixed to John Lewis & Partners' poignant holiday promo
- It's that time of year when Christmas ads start flooding the landscape, and some retailers are trying to take a "more muted approach" as people continue to struggle with inflation and the cost of necessities, reports the BBC . One promotion in particular, by the John Lewis & Partners...
'Filthy Cheater' Called Out
in Full-Page Newspaper Ad
Aug 16, 2022 5:12 PM CDT
'Filthy Cheater' Called Out in Full-Page Newspaper Ad
The ad has generated some global attention, for the newspaper at least
- Somewhere in Australia, someone named "Jenny" feels avenged, and someone named "Steve" feels ashamed. Also, a small-town newspaper has garnered some global attention. Per
Jenny" took out a full-page, “premium placement” ad in a local newspaper with the following message in all-caps: "Dear Steve,...
Lawsuit to McDonald's: Where
Are the Burgers in Your Ads?
May 19, 2022 11:23 AM CDT
Lawsuit to McDonald's: Where Are the Burgers in Your Ads?
Chain, along with Wendy's, is accused of false advertising
- Earlier this year, three law firms accused Burger King of making its burgers look way better in advertisements than they are in reality. Now the trio is going after McDonald's and Wendy's with the same accusation, reports the
Wall Street Journal
. The new lawsuit alleges that Wendy's...
in New Ad
May 12, 2022 12:17 PM CDT
Jane Goodall Surrounded by Underwear in New Ad
Primatologist, 88, keeps her own clothes on in ad for sustainable clothing brand Boody
- Dr. Jane Goodall has accomplished a lot in her life. But for the first time, at age 88, she's now fronting an underwear campaign. The renowned primatologist appears front and center in a new ad for Australian sustainable clothing brand Boody. Though her clothes remain on in the rainforest...
No One's Sure Why Andrew
Cuomo Just Put Out This Ad
Mar 1, 2022 9:15 AM CST
No One's Sure Why Andrew Cuomo Just Put Out This Ad
Promo, which suggests sexual harassment case was politically motivated, spurs speculation
- Andrew Cuomo wasn't forced to resign from the New York governor's office because of a credible sexual harassment case but rather "political attacks," according to a new ad campaign. Per the
New York Times
, Cuomo's campaign is spending $369,000 to air a 30-second TV...
on COVID: 'Help'
Dec 20, 2021 9:20 AM CST
Ohio Hospitals' One-Word Plea on COVID: 'Help'
Medical centers in Cleveland area, Minnesota beg people to get vaxxed in major newspaper ads
- One word dominates a full-page advertisement that appeared in Sunday's
, Ohio's biggest newspaper. "Help," reads the bold-font plea, surrounded by white space, smack in the middle of the ad placed by the heads of six of the Cleveland area's medical facilities to try...
S. Korea Dairy Company Sorry
for Turning Women Into Cows
Dec 15, 2021 11:47 AM CST
S. Korea Dairy Company Sorry for Turning Women Into Cows
The advertisement for Seoul Milk wasn't well received
- "We are taking this matter seriously, and we will pay more attention and review to prevent similar problems in the future." It's a fairly standard corporate apology. What prompted South Korea's largest dairy company to issue it is a little less typical: an advertisement that critics...
Google Makes Big Move
on Climate Change Denial
Oct 8, 2021 11:15 AM CDT
Google Makes Big Move on Climate Change Denial
Company to restrict ads on Google, YouTube that promote climate change misinformation
- Google is cracking down on digital ads promoting false climate-change claims or being used to make money from such content, hoping to limit revenue for climate change deniers and stop the spread of misinformation on its platforms. The company said Thursday in a blog post that the new policy will...
Lindell's Latest Dispute Is With
Network That Helped Make Him
Jul 30, 2021 7:00 AM CDT
Lindell's Latest Dispute Is With Network That Helped Make Him
MyPillow CEO says he's pulling ads from Fox after he claims it wouldn't air commercial
- Mike Lindell says he has proof the presidency was stolen from Donald Trump in 2020, and next month he's set to livestream a cyber symposium that will allegedly present said proof. It's his commercial promoting the event, however, that's at the center of a dispute with Fox...
Pink Floyd Co-Founder Has
Harsh Words for Zuckerberg
Jun 15, 2021 6:41 AM CDT
Pink Floyd Co-Founder Has Harsh Words for Zuckerberg
Roger Waters calls Facebook CEO a 'little prick' after offer to use song
- Pink Floyd co-founder and bassist Roger Waters had a strong reaction to Facebook's request to use one of the band's songs in an ad promoting Instagram: "F--- you. No f---ing way." Waters went into detail about the offer during a Thursday event in honor of Julian...
PAC Co-Founder: Fox Rejected
Our Ad on Capitol Riot
Jun 7, 2021 7:33 AM CDT
PAC Co-Founder: Fox Rejected Our Ad on Capitol Riot
MeidasTouch's minute-long spot had emotional interviews with members of law enforcement
- A new ad about the chaos and violence faced by police officers during the Capitol riot features emotional interviews with some of those officers, but it doesn't look like Fox News viewers will get to see it anytime soon. Ben Meiselas, co-founder of the liberal, anti-Trump MeidasTouch PAC, tells...
CIA Goes 'Full
Woke' in New
May 5, 2021 10:00 AM CDT
CIA Goes 'Full Woke' in New Recruitment Ads
They're meant to help boost diversity in workforce, but not everyone loves them
- The CIA recently launched an updated recruitment website to boost the agency's efforts to draw in a more diverse workforce. But the "Humans of CIA" video ad series launched in 2019 to complement those efforts—including the latest one last week—has captured the attention of conservatives, and...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Red Lobster Misjudged Diners' Hunger for Endless Shrimp
Investigation Lobs Disturbing Allegations Against Candy Giant
On the Day the Rats Arrived, He Filled 18 Bags With Bodies
A 'Familiar Maternal Face on TV' Dead at 93
Henry Kissinger Dies at 100
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.