Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Browns Cut Star Receiver
After Dad's Instagram Post
Nov 5, 2021 5:30 PM CDT
Browns Cut Star Receiver After Dad's Instagram Post
Odell Beckham Jr. is out, with video critical of QB apparently the last straw
- Odell Beckham Jr. has run his last route for the Browns. The polarizing wide receiver is being released by the Cleveland Browns, who are cutting ties with Beckham after a drama-filled stay that ended with him being told to stay home from practice, per the AP . Beckham's unceremonious exit—...
Should Bengals, Browns Fans
Qualify for Medical Pot?
Jan 9, 2020 7:07 AM CST
Should Bengals, Browns Fans Qualify for Medical Pot?
Ohio board will actually consider the question
- Live in the state of Ohio? Suffer from lupus, insomnia, or being a Cincinnati Bengals or Cleveland Browns fan? You could soon qualify for a medical marijuana prescription, even for the latter "condition"—if the State Medical Board of Ohio approves its inclusion on the "eligible" list,...
NFL Gives Longest Suspension
Ever for On-Field Attack
Nov 15, 2019 12:49 PM CST
NFL Gives Longest Suspension Ever for On-Field Attack
Browns' Myles Garrett is out for season after hitting Steeler Mason Rudolph with Rudolph's helmet
- It seemed obvious that the Cleveland Browns' Myles Garrett would receive some kind of suspension after ripping the helmet off of Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Mason Rudolph and hitting him in the head with it during Thursday night's game in Cleveland. Now we know for how long: at least through...
NFL Star Facing Punishment
Over This Play
Nov 15, 2019 9:27 AM CST
NFL Star Facing Punishment Over This Play
Browns' Myles Garrett smashed opponent's head with helmet
- The Cleveland Browns finally achieved two consecutive wins with Thursday's 21-7 victory over the Pittsburgh Steelers—but as Browns quarterback Baker Mayfield notes, "it feels like we lost." Indeed, "this season is unofficially officially over" for the 4-6 Browns, whose "best player … shouldn't...
Cleveland Browns Cut Player
Over His Post-Game Tweets
Nov 4, 2019 12:00 PM CST
Cleveland Browns Cut Player Over His Post-Game Tweets
Jermaine Whitehead lashed out at people who criticized his game on Sunday
- It started with tweets and ended with one. "We've waived S Jermaine Whitehead," the Cleveland Browns tweeted Monday in sharing the news it had cut its safety over tweets he posted right after the team's 24-19 loss to the Denver Broncos on Sunday, reports the AP...
Cleveland Browns Player's
Girlfriend Killed in Front of Him
Sep 12, 2019 6:44 AM CDT
Cleveland Browns Player's Girlfriend Killed in Front of Him
She was hit by car after Lamborghini's tire blew out
- The girlfriend of Cleveland Browns defensive end Chris Smith was hit and killed by a car early Wednesday—less than a month after she gave birth to their daughter. The team says 26-year-old Petra Cordero died in front of Smith after a tire in the Lamborghini he was driving blew...
Off the Field
Mar 15, 2019 3:52 PM CDT
NFL Suspends Kareem Hunt Over Violence Off the Field
Star running back will miss 8 games after investigation into reported attacks
- The NFL has suspended Kareem Hunt for half of next season after an investigation of off-field violence involving the Pro Bowl running back. Hunt said he won't appeal the decision, Cleveland.com reports, and the Browns tweeted his statement saying, "I know that my behavior hurt a lot...
Calls Cops on
Kid Who Was
Mar 13, 2019 4:14 PM CDT
Scared Mom Calls Cops on Kid Who Was Just Excited About Beckham
Boy was running up and down the street in Shaker Heights, Ohio, yelling
- A kid who was very,
excited about the Cleveland Browns snagging Odell Beckham Jr. got the cops called Tuesday night in Shaker Heights, Ohio, Cleveland.com reports. A woman called 911 after arriving home with her children to report someone running up and down the street "yelling and...
Report: Odell Beckham Jr.
Is Moving to Cleveland
Mar 13, 2019 12:38 AM CDT
Report: Odell Beckham Jr. Is Moving to Cleveland
He's part of a massive Giants trade, sources say
- Odell Beckham Jr. is about to run a deep route out of New Jersey—straight to Cleveland. The superstar wide receiver is bound for the Browns to be a target for quarterback Baker Mayfield as the centerpiece of a blockbuster trade, two people familiar with the deal told the AP...
NFL Team Mulls Condi
Rice for Head Coach: Report
Nov 18, 2018 1:14 PM CST
NFL Team Mulls Condi Rice for Head Coach: Report
Or so says an anonymous league source
- The Cleveland Browns next head coach could be ... Condoleezza Rice? So says ESPN in a somewhat vague report about the Browns wanting to interview her for the position. Browns GM John Dorsey said last week he might hire a woman for the job, and spoke well of the former secretary...
Sep 21, 2018 12:17 PM CDT
Browns Win. So Does Bud Light
Team wins for first time since 2016, earns free beer for fans
- It was more than a rare win. It was a marketing touchdown for Bud Light. The Cleveland Browns beat the New York Jets Thursday night, which just happened to be the team's first victory in 635 days, reports NPR . Or, as its headline puts it, the Browns won "...
After 'Perfect' 0-16 Season,
Browns Fans Throw a Parade
Jan 6, 2018 3:55 PM CST
After 'Perfect' 0-16 Season, Browns Fans Throw a Parade
More than 80 vehicles circled the 'Factory of Sadness'
- Thousands of disgruntled Cleveland Browns fans, some of them chanting for owner Jimmy Haslam to sell the team, paraded to protest a 0-16 season, the AP reports. Despite wind chills below zero, the so-called Perfect Season Parade went off without incident Saturday as Cleveland fans displayed outrage, creativity, and a...
The Browns Just Equaled
NFL History in a Bad Way
Dec 31, 2017 3:57 PM CST
The Browns Just Equaled NFL History in a Bad Way
Cleveland goes 0-16
- The Cleveland Browns joined the 2008 Detroit Lions as the only teams in NFL history to go 0-16 when they failed to find a way to beat the backup-laden Pittsburgh Steelers in a 28-24 loss on Sunday. Cleveland had a chance late in the fourth quarter, but quarterback DeShone Kizer'...
Dec 30, 2017 1:39 PM CST
Man Blames Cleveland Browns in Obituary
He 'passed just before the Browns were prepared to turn the corner'
- An Ohio man's tongue-in-cheek obituary blames the winless Cleveland Browns for contributing to his demise, the AP reports. The obituary published in the
says Paul Stark died Wednesday at a hospice facility after a brief illness "exacerbated by the hopeless condition of the Cleveland Browns."...
White NFLer's Wife Offers
'Humble Reminder' After Protest
Aug 25, 2017 3:33 PM CDT
White NFLer's Wife Offers 'Humble Reminder' After Protest
Seth DeValve's spouse: I'm proud he kneeled but focus should be on black players
- On Monday night, a dozen or so Cleveland Browns players kneeled during the national anthem and formed a prayer circle, among them 24-year-old tight end Seth DeValve, ID'd as the first white NFLer to take a knee during such a demonstration for social injustice. DeValve's wife, Erica Harris...
Before Cleveland Game,
Biggest Anthem Protest Yet
Aug 22, 2017 7:40 AM CDT
Before Cleveland Game, Biggest Anthem Protest Yet
More than a dozen Browns teammates pray silently during national athem
- More than a dozen players from the Cleveland Browns formed a circle on the sideline Monday night and prayed in silent protest during the national anthem. The group, which included veterans, rookies, starters, and backups, gathered in front of water coolers and behind their teammates who stood on the sideline...
Grenfell Tower Panels May
Clad US Hotel, NFL Stadium
Jul 20, 2017 8:44 PM CDT
Grenfell Tower Panels May Clad US Hotel, NFL Stadium
The flammable panels have been implicated in fatal London fire
- In promotional brochures, a US company boasted of the "stunning visual effect" its shimmering aluminum panels created in an NFL stadium, an Alaskan high school, and a luxury hotel in Baltimore. Those same panels—Reynobond composite material with a polyethylene core—also were used in the Grenfell Tower apartment...
Browns' Lone Win Turns Into
Good News for Food Bank
Dec 28, 2016 7:39 AM CST
Browns' Lone Win Turns Into Good News for Food Bank
Team gets in on joke, donates to charity
- Cleveland Browns fans were looking forward to a "Perfect Season Parade," though that "perfect" season was meant to be perfectly winless, reports NPR . But then the players had to go and ruin everything by winning their Christmas Eve matchup against the San Diego Chargers 20-17, leaving more...
Browns Finally Get a Win,
Guy Finally Gets to Shave
Dec 25, 2016 11:25 AM CST
Browns Finally Get a Win, Guy Finally Gets to Shave
Weatherman Scott Sabol got pretty hairy as winless season ground on in Cleveland
- Only one NFL team in history has made it through an entire 16-game regular season without a win, a fate narrowly avoided Saturday by the Cleveland Browns with a last-minute win over the San Diego Chargers. That win was extra sweet for Cleveland weatherman Scott Sabol, who was holding out...
Oct 28, 2016 12:09 PM CDT
Former NFL Coach Marty Schottenheimer Has Alzheimer's
Five years after diagnosis, Schottenheimer is staying positive
- Marty Schottenheimer, the only man in the last quarter-century to post an overall winning record as coach of the Cleveland Browns, has Alzheimer's, ESPN reports. The 73-year-old Schottenheimer has been privately battling the disease since being diagnosed five years ago. "He’s in the best of health, [but]...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Mom's Text to Suspected Shooter: 'Ethan Don't Do It'
Parents of Shooting Suspect Are Considered Fugitives
Plumber Finds Cash Stashed Behind Megachurch Wall
Chef Sentenced to 4 Months for 'Rushed' Shepherd's Pie
Snowstorm Strands Dozens in IKEA Overnight
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.