Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Cosby Prosecutors Take
Verdict to Supreme Court
Nov 29, 2021 6:35 PM CST
Cosby Prosecutors Take Verdict to Supreme Court
Long-shot filing seeks restoration of conviction
- Prosecutors asked the US Supreme Court on Monday to reinstate Bill Cosby's sexual assault conviction, complaining that the verdict was thrown out over a questionable agreement that the comic claimed gave him lifetime immunity. They said the Pennsylvania Supreme Court decision in June to overturn Cosby's conviction created...
Her in New
Oct 14, 2021 4:35 PM CDT
Actress Says Cosby Raped Her in New Lawsuit
Star denies allegations by Lili Bernard
- When Lili Bernard met Bill Cosby on the set of his TV show, she says, he offered to mentor her. The star did treat the actress "as if she were his daughter," a new lawsuit says, stressing "that chastity was a virtue, warned her of the sexual...
Sep 7, 2021 9:35 AM CDT
Bill Cosby Accuser Speaks Out
Andrea Constand, who has new memoir out, calls his release from prison 'disgusting'
- Andrea Constand remained something of an enigma over the years her sexual assault allegations against Bill Cosby played out in Pennsylvania courts and the public square. An athlete and spiritual seeker turned massage therapist, she lived a quiet life with her dogs in Toronto until the case burst open again...
Comedy Club on
Plans: Uh, No
Jul 12, 2021 12:01 AM CDT
Comedy Club on Cosby's Stand-Up Plans: Uh, No
NYC's Comedy Cellar is not interested
- Bill Cosby apparently has plans to take his comedy act back on the road following his release from prison, but at least one venue has shot the idea down. The owner of the iconic Comedy Cellar, in New York City's Greenwich Village, tells TMZ the club is absolutely not...
Publicist: Bill Cosby Has Plans
Jul 8, 2021 1:30 AM CDT
Publicist: Bill Cosby Has Plans
Among them, a return to the stage
- Persistent Bill Cosby fans will be cheered by this update from his publicist; those who have soured on him, maybe not so much: In an interview with the
Los Angeles Times
on Wednesday, Andrew Wyatt said the 83-year-old is currently with his family following his release from prison last week...
Weighs In on
Jul 5, 2021 6:54 AM CDT
Bill Cosby Weighs In on Phylicia Rashad Controversy
'WE THE PEOPLE STAND IN SUPPORT'
- Bill Cosby thinks Phylicia Rashad did the right thing in backing him up. The actress, who played Cosby's wife on
The Cosby Show
and again on
, backtracked after controversy erupted when she initially expressed glee at Cosby's release. But Cosby thinks his longtime friend's original reaction...
After Glee Over Cosby Release,
Phylicia Rashad Apologizes
Jul 3, 2021 6:30 AM CDT
After Glee Over Cosby Release, Phylicia Rashad Apologizes
Howard University dean writes letter to parents, students: 'I vehemently oppose sexual violence'
- Phylicia Rashad has long been a defender of Bill Cosby, who played her husband on
The Cosby Show
, but her recent glee over his release from prison has her facing new backlash. On Wednesday, Pennsylvania's highest court vacated the 83-year-old's sexual assault conviction, making him a free man,...
Gloria Allred: Cosby Has
More Legal Trouble to Come
Jul 1, 2021 5:07 AM CDT
Gloria Allred: Cosby Has More Legal Trouble to Come
She can now move forward with civil suit
- Bill Cosby is out of prison —but Gloria Allred, the attorney who represented dozens of his accusers, says he "is not home free" after having his sexual assault conviction overturned on a technicality. Allred said that while the Pennsylvania Supreme Court's decision is "devastating" for accusers...
Fallout Worries Accusers
as Cosby Thanks Court
Jun 30, 2021 7:30 PM CDT
Fallout Worries Accusers as Cosby Thanks Court
Women wonder whether future victims of predators will come forward
- Women who accused Bill Cosby of sexually assaulting them expressed shock Wednesday at the ruling that freed him from prison—and worry about the effect on future victims. "My stomach is in knots," said Victoria Valentino, who accused Cosby of raping her in the 1960s. "The work...
Cosby Freed After Sex Assault
Conviction Is Overturned
Jun 30, 2021 1:46 PM CDT
Cosby Freed After Sex Assault Conviction Is Overturned
Pennsylvania's highest court cited agreement he made with previous prosecutor
- Pennsylvania's highest court on Wednesday vacated Bill Cosby’s sex assault conviction, and hours later the
New York Times
reported Cosby has been freed. He reportedly left the prison just after 2pm and was headed for his suburban Philly home. Fox43 reports the 83-year-old appealed in December to the...
Bill Cosby Refuses
Rehab, Is Denied Parole
May 28, 2021 6:49 AM CDT
Bill Cosby Refuses Rehab, Is Denied Parole
He refuses idea of sex offender treatment
- Bill Cosby has refused to enter a treatment program for sex offenders—and the Pennsylvania State Parole Board has refused to grant him parole. The 83-year-old is serving a three-to-10-year sentence for aggravated indecent assault and would have become eligible for parole on September 25, but his request was denied...
Dec 2, 2020 12:03 AM CST
State's Highest Court Considers Cosby Case
Bill Cosby wants his 2018 sexual assault conviction overturned
- Pennsylvania's highest court questioned Tuesday whether Bill Cosby's alleged history of intoxicating and sexually assaulting young women amounted to a signature crime pattern, given studies that show as many as half of all sexual assaults involve drugs or alcohol. Cosby, 83, hopes to overturn his 2018 sex assault...
Bill Cosby Smiles
in New Mugshot
Oct 21, 2020 12:02 AM CDT
Bill Cosby Smiles in New Mugshot
New photo taken as part of routine procedure
- Bill Cosby is wearing a mask around his neck and a smile on his face in his new mugshot. TMZ reports it was a routine photo update; Cosby was simply due for a new one. The picture was snapped Sept. 4 at the SCI Phoenix state prison in Pennsylvania, where...
Court to Look
at 2 Issues in
Oct 8, 2020 5:06 PM CDT
Court to Look at 2 Issues in Cosby Appeal
Hearing in felony sexual assault case will be Dec. 1 in Pennsylvania
- The Pennsylvania Supreme Court will hear Bill Cosby's appeal of his felony sexual assault conviction on Dec. 1. Cosby, 83, is serving a three- to 10-year prison term. A lower appeals court had upheld his conviction, but the state's high court agreed this year to review two key...
Cosby's Lawyers Repeat
Argument, Ask for New Trial
Aug 12, 2020 11:40 AM CDT
Cosby's Lawyers Repeat Argument, Ask for New Trial
They argue 2018 trial was 'fundamentally unfair'
- After nearly two years behind bars, Bill Cosby is still fighting to get out. Lawyers for the 83-year-old appealed for a new sexual assault trial on Tuesday because, they claim, the one in which Cosby was convicted of drugging and sexually assaulting Andrea Constand during a 2004 encounter was "...
Cosby Gets 'Long-Sought
Chance' to Overturn Conviction
Jun 23, 2020 12:00 PM CDT
Cosby Gets 'Long-Sought Chance' to Overturn Conviction
Pennsylvania Supreme Court will consider his appeal
- Bill Cosby has won the right to fight his 2018 sexual assault conviction before the Pennsylvania Supreme Court. The 82-year-old Cosby has been imprisoned in suburban Philadelphia for nearly two years after a jury convicted him of drugging and sexually assaulting a woman in 2004. He's serving a three-...
Apr 19, 2020 8:06 AM CDT
Bill Cosby Wouldn't Survive COVID-19: Lawyer
But convicted sex offender is denied compassionate release
- Bill Cosby is apparently hoping to be among the currently incarcerated set free amid the coronavirus pandemic, reports NBC News . The convicted sex offender's lawyer asked Pa. Gov. Tom Wolf for a compassionate release, saying that the 82-year-old has a litany of underlying medical issues that mean the virus...
This Gayle King
Battle Is Now
Feb 8, 2020 12:30 PM CST
This Gayle King Battle Is Now Full-Blown War
With Snoop Dogg and Susan Rice piling on, it's getting ugly
- The ruckus over a Gayle King interview clip has morphed into a vicious social-media battle including harsh words from Snoop Dogg and Susan Rice, NBC News reports. The spark was a clip of King interviewing WNBA legend Lisa Leslie, and asking her about the 2003 rape allegation against Kobe Bryant....
Cosby Rep Calls
Dec 23, 2019 6:11 AM CST
Cosby Rep Calls Eddie Murphy a 'Slave'
He attacks comedian over 'disparaging' SNL jokes
- Bill Cosby is serving time in a Pennsylvania prison for drugging and sexually assaulting a woman, so it's not clear whether he saw Eddie Murphy's return to
Saturday Night Live
—but his spokesman certainly wasn't happy. In an Instagram post , Andrew Wyatt slammed Murphy as a...
Court Has Unanimous
Answer for Cosby: Nope
Dec 10, 2019 11:55 AM CST
Court Has Unanimous Answer for Cosby: Nope
Appeals court rejects his request to overturn conviction
- Bill Cosby says he will never show remorse as a way to shorten his prison stay, but that doesn't mean he won't keep trying to undo his conviction. On Tuesday, however, Cosby got some bad news on that front: Pennsylvania's Superior Court unanimously rejected his appeal, reports...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
At 63, Gabriel Garcia Marquez Had an Affair—and a Daughter
She Died on African Hunting Trip. 5 Years Later, Husband Is Arrested
Killer Pardoned by Governor Sentenced Again in Same Crime
Pastor Warns Things 'Might Get Nasty.' They Did
Experts Say Anne Frank Bombshell Is 'Full of Errors'
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.