Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Queen Elizabeth II
Stories 1 - 20 |
These 2 Photos Were
Taken Only 7 Weeks Apart
Oct 25, 2022 10:35 AM CDT
These 2 Photos Were Taken Only 7 Weeks Apart
A lot has happened in Britain in the interim
- They're two photos taken exactly seven weeks apart, capturing the traditional and ceremonial rites of the monarch meeting the British prime minister-in-waiting to ask them to form a new government. They're also bookends, per the AP . Between the taking of the first and of the second, much elapsed,...
Cause of Death
Sep 29, 2022 12:33 PM CDT
Queen's 2-Word Cause of Death Is Released
You can probably guess it
- A final footnote on the death of Queen Elizabeth: The 96-year-old monarch's official cause of death has been revealed to be "old age," reports
. Her occupation, as listed on the death certificate released by the National Record of Scotland, is "Her Majesty the Queen,"...
After Queen's Funeral,
Another Queen Has COVID
Sep 21, 2022 2:10 PM CDT
After Queen's Funeral, Another Queen Has COVID
Denmark's Queen Margrethe tested positive the day after London funeral
- Denmark's Queen Margrethe II tested positive for COVID-19 the day after she attended Queen Elizabeth II's state funeral in London, the palace says. The 82-year-old, who became Europe's longest-serving monarch after the death of the British queen, was one of around 2,000 guests at the Westminster...
Hong Kong Arrests
'Seditious' Harmonica Player
Sep 20, 2022 3:06 PM CDT
Hong Kong Arrests 'Seditious' Harmonica Player
He played British national anthem, protest song to crowd gathered to mourn queen
- As Hong Kongers gathered outside the British consulate Monday night to pay their respects to Queen Elizabeth II, a man was arrested for allegedly seditious harmonica playing. The man played songs including the British national anthem and the unofficial protest anthem Glory to Hong Kong to the crowd as the...
Queen Laid to Rest
Next to Husband
Sep 19, 2022 7:40 PM CDT
Queen Laid to Rest Next to Husband
'Deeply personal family occasion' caps Britain's 10 days of mourning
- After the pomp and pageantry of a grand state funeral , Queen Elizabeth II was laid to rest in an intimate ceremony away from prying cameras in Windsor, where she was reunited with her husband and her parents. King Charles III and senior royal family members gathered late Monday for the...
Some of the Weirder
Stories From the Royal Funeral
Sep 19, 2022 2:47 PM CDT
Some of the Weirder Stories From the Royal Funeral
A spider and a dropped piece of paper went big on the internet
- The queen's funeral on Monday drew all kinds of somber and serious coverage. And there there were stories that were anything but:
A bishop dropped a small piece of paper near the queen's coffin in Westminster Abbey and Twitter all but erupted with the possibilities (and
UK Channel Showed Terrible
Film Instead of Queen's Funeral
Sep 19, 2022 11:43 AM CDT
UK Channel Showed Terrible Film Instead of Queen's Funeral
Channel 5 decided abysmally rated 'Emoji Movie' would be a good substitute for royal coverage
- Although it was expected that almost every channel in the UK would air some kind of coverage about Queen Elizabeth II on Monday, offering a look at her funeral or her life in general, EW.com notes it also "makes sense" that Channel 5 decided to opt out of...
Charles Leaves Note
Atop Queen's Coffin
Sep 19, 2022 6:25 AM CDT
Charles Leaves Note Atop Queen's Coffin
London pauses for funeral of Elizabeth II
- Britain and the world said a final goodbye to Queen Elizabeth II at a state funeral Monday that drew presidents and kings, princes, and prime ministers—and crowds who massed along the streets of London to honor a monarch whose 70-year reign defined an age, per the AP .
In London, Biden
Praises the Queen
Sep 18, 2022 5:15 PM CDT
In London, Biden Praises the Queen
Elizabeth was 'all about service,' president says before event for world leaders
- Queen Elizabeth II "was the same in person as her image: decent, honorable and all about service," President Biden told reporters in London after signing a condolence book Sunday evening. "Our hearts go out to the royal family, King Charles and all of the family," he...
In Hong Kong, Mourning
Queen Doubles as Dissent
Sep 18, 2022 12:30 PM CDT
In Hong Kong, Mourning Queen Doubles as Dissent
People have been lining up for hours to pay their respects to 'boss lady'
- Hundreds of Hong Kong residents are lining up in front of the British Consulate General for hours each day to pay their respects to Queen Elizabeth II, leaving piles of flowers and handwritten notes. The collective outpouring of grief after her death on Sept. 8 is perhaps the most ardent...
Street Drains Being Sealed
Ahead of Queen's Funeral
Sep 18, 2022 7:01 AM CDT
Street Drains Being Sealed Ahead of Queen's Funeral
It's just one of many security measures being taken
- The funeral of the only monarch most Britons have known involves the biggest security operation London has ever seen. Mayor Sadiq Khan says Monday’s state funeral for Queen Elizabeth II is an “unprecedented" security challenge, with hundreds of thousands of people packing central London and a funeral guest...
All 8 Grandchildren Keep Vigil
Sep 17, 2022 5:10 PM CDT
All 8 Grandchildren Keep Vigil
Prince William leads family procession in honor of Queen Elizabeth
- Queen Elizabeth's grandchildren came together Saturday for a vigil at the side of their grandmother's coffin at Westminster Hall in London. The eight cousins and siblings entered in a procession led by Prince William,
reports. They took places around the coffin, with William at its head and...
Sep 17, 2022 10:45 AM CDT
Arrests Made After 'Upsetting' Incidents in Queen's Queue
One man accused of rushing her coffin, another for sexual assault against 2 women also waiting in line
- People have been emotional enough as they queue up to catch a glimpse of the coffin of the late Queen Elizabeth II, who's lying in state at London's Westminster Hall until her funeral on Monday. Two incidents this week made things even more stressful, according to authorities. In...
How Long I've Been
Waiting to See Queen
Sep 16, 2022 12:43 PM CDT
Beckham: Guess How Long I've Been Waiting to See Queen
Soccer legend got in line at 2am, was still there 12 hours later
- David Beckham long ago proved his endurance on the pitch. Now he's showing he can make it for the long haul while queuing up for the late Queen Elizabeth II, whom the soccer legend came to see lying in state in London on Friday.
reports that the...
Report: Delegation From
China Kept From Queen's Coffin
Sep 16, 2022 4:27 AM CDT
Report: Delegation From China Kept From Queen's Coffin
Ambassador was banned from Parliament last year
- A delegation of Chinese officials has reportedly been barred from visiting the historic hall in Parliament where Queen Elizabeth II is lying in state, as geopolitics cast a shadow over the solemn pageantry surrounding the monarch’s death. The Chinese ambassador to the UK was banned from Parliament for a...
Rugby Star Suspended
After Post About the Queen
Sep 15, 2022 8:06 PM CDT
Rugby Star Suspended After Post About the Queen
Indigenous Australian player Caitlin Moran posted an insult on Instagram
- A star indigenous rugby player in Australia made her feelings known about the death of Queen Elizabeth II, and she has been given a one-game suspension as a result. Caitlin Moran, a 25-year-old who plays in Australia's National Rugby League, celebrated the death of the queen in a post...
New Details of
Sep 15, 2022 9:35 AM CDT
Palace Releases New Details of Queen's Funeral
Representatives from Russia will not be among 2K guests at Westminster Abbey
- In London, Queen Elizabeth II is lying in state at Westminster Hall, and the queue of people waiting to pay their respects is currently more than 4 miles long. More than a million people are expected to file past her coffin in the coming days—but her state funeral will...
The Queen Now Lies in State,
and the Line Grows and Grows
Sep 14, 2022 10:40 AM CDT
The Queen Now Lies in State, and the Line Grows and Grows
Her coffin has been moved to Westminster, where it will remain until Monday
- The queen has left Buckingham Palace for the last time. Queen Elizabeth II's coffin was on Wednesday taken from the palace to Westminster Hall, where she will lie in state until 6:30am local time Monday, the day of her funeral. King Charles III led the procession behind the...
There's a New Most-Tracked
Flight in History
Sep 14, 2022 8:17 AM CDT
There's a New Most-Tracked Flight in History
5M people followed queen's journey home to London, per Flightradar24
- The plane carrying the body of Queen Elizabeth II to her home in London just became the most-tracked flight ever—by a long shot. Five million people tracked the Royal Air Force plane as it flew from Edinburgh, Scotland—about 100 miles south of where the queen died at Balmoral...
To Prepare for Queen's
Funeral, Soldiers Throw
Flowers at Horses
Sep 14, 2022 4:06 AM CDT
To Prepare for Queen's Funeral, Soldiers Throw Flowers at Horses
Horses must be ready for anything during Wednesday's procession, Monday's parade
- Queen Elizabeth's coffin arrived at Buckingham Palace on Tuesday night, and on Wednesday it will be taken from there to the Houses of Parliament to lie in state for four days at Westminster Hall before Monday's funeral at Westminster Abbey. To prepare for the procession from the palace,...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Secret Recording of Pope Is Played in Court
Trump Says He Didn't Know White Nationalist He Dined With
Frontier Airlines Has Ditched Telephone Customer Service
He Mountain Biked an Iconic 27-Mile Trail—Uphill
Ukrainians Flee Recaptured City
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.