Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
NASA Has a
New UFO Honcho
Sep 15, 2023 11:52 AM CDT
NASA Has a New UFO Honcho
Panel recommends NASA boost data collection, get public involved in investigation of UAPs
- NASA has appointed a new director to lead its investigation of UFOs, one that will now take a more science-based approach, according to the space agency. The appointment comes in response to recommendations laid out by a 16-member independent panel tasked with exploring how NASA could better investigate UFOs, also...
Corpses Shown to
Sep 14, 2023 1:08 AM CDT
Supposed Alien Corpses Shown to Mexican Lawmakers
Scientists have debunked similar claims of Mexican 'ufologist' in the past
- During a hearing on "unidentified anomalous phenomena" or UAPs at Mexico's Congress Tuesday, a self-described "ufologist" brought in what he claimed were the bodies of two aliens. As NPR puts it, "the corpses looked white and like stereotypical depictions of aliens—big head, little body, three...
Harvard Astrophysicist's 'Wild'
Alien Claims Rankle Peers
Jul 29, 2023 10:45 AM CDT
Harvard Astrophysicist's 'Wild' Alien Claims Rankle Peers
Avi Loeb believes he's recovered alien-made metal
- Harvard astrophysicist Avi Loeb has been pursuing answers to questions many colleagues would rather he leave in the realm of the speculative. One of those questions sent him on a quest to the bottom of the Pacific Ocean for what he believes is alien gold, so to speak. More...
Wild Claims Emerge in
Congress' UFO Hearing
Jul 27, 2023 11:48 AM CDT
Wild Claims Emerge in Congress' UFO Hearing
Multiple people have been injured by UAPs, witness testifies
- "Nonhuman biologics" were recovered from crashed UFOs seized by the US government in secret, a former military intelligence officer told lawmakers under oath on Wednesday during a hearing on the potential national security threats posed by what's officially dubbed unidentified aerial phenomena, or UAPs. Retired US Air Force...
Testifies on Alleged
Retrieval of UFOs
Jul 26, 2023 10:24 AM CDT
Whistleblower Testifies on Alleged Retrieval of UFOs
David Grusch claims government holds alien spacecraft and potentially alien bodies
- Lawmakers will hear Wednesday from witnesses who say the government has been concealing evidence of alien life, including possible alien bodies. The House Oversight Committee's subcommittee on National Security, the Border, and Foreign Affairs will hear from three individuals with experience in the US military, including former Navy Cmdr....
NASA Holds Public Meeting
on UFO Investigation
May 31, 2023 4:49 PM CDT
NASA Holds Public Meeting on UFO Investigation
Scientists are becoming online targets as well, official says
- In its first public meeting to gather information about UFOs, a NASA panel of experts said the search for answers is hampered by the stigma connected with reporting a sighting, which contributes to the lack of high-quality data available. The sightings are underreported, the experts suggested, despite high public interest...
White House: Don't
Worry About Aliens
Feb 13, 2023 2:29 PM CST
White House: Don't Worry About Aliens
'No indication of aliens or extraterrestrial activity with these recent takedowns'
- The flying objects shot down over the US and Canada in recent days are still apparently unidentified, but the White House says Americans shouldn't worry about invaders from space. "There is no indication of aliens or extraterrestrial activity with these recent takedowns," White House press secretary Karine...
Jan 13, 2023 8:39 AM CST
Hundreds More UFOs Recorded, Some With 'Unusual' Traits
Most sightings remain unexplained, per government report
- There's been a "dramatic increase" in reported UFOs —or unidentified aerial phenomena (UAP)—since the government office in charge of sightings released its last report in June 2021, per CNN . The Office of the Director of National Intelligence's initial report included 144 reports of "unidentified...
Pentagon Has Some
News About Aliens
Dec 17, 2022 7:45 AM CST
Pentagon Has Some News About Aliens
Officials: There's so far no evidence any have visited, crash-landed on Earth, but probe continues
- In July, the Defense Department announced the creation of a new division: the All-domain Anomaly Resolution Office, or AARO, designed to "to detect, identify, and attribute objects of interest in, on or near military installations, operating areas, training areas, special use airspace and other areas of interest, and, as...
NASA Tasks Team
With Explaining UFOs
Oct 25, 2022 8:59 AM CDT
NASA Tasks Team With Explaining UFOs
16 experts to look at what is needed to 'scientifically discern the nature of UAP'
- NASA is bringing a scientific perspective to UFOs, launching a 16-member independent study team to investigate what are now known as unidentified aerial phenomena. The team—chaired by astrophysicist and Simons Foundation President David Spergel and including experts on astrobiology, data science, oceanography, policy, and planetary science—will spend nine...
Officials: UFO Sightings
Are 'Frequent and Continuing'
May 17, 2022 11:51 AM CDT
Officials: UFO Sightings Are 'Frequent and Continuing'
Testimony comes amid Congress' first public hearing on UFOs in 50 years
- UFO enthusiasts are hoping government officials will be more forthcoming about flying saucers than in days of old as Congress convenes its first hearing on UFOs in 50 years Tuesday. Two top military officials tasked with investigating UFOs—which the government now refer to as Unexplained Aerial Phenomena (UAPs)—are...
Pentagon Group to
'Mitigate' UFO Threats
Nov 25, 2021 9:50 AM CST
Pentagon Group to 'Mitigate' UFO Threats
Critic argues investigative body will only 'maintain UAP/UFO secrecy'
- There's a new team of experts patrolling the skies for UFOs. The Pentagon on Tuesday announced the creation of a new body to investigate unidentified flying objects, now labeled "unidentified aerial phenomena," after a federal government report published in June failed to explain 143 of 144 sightings...
UFO Report Is In: Government
Can't Explain What's Out There
Jun 25, 2021 5:10 PM CDT
UFO Report Is In: Government Can't Explain What's Out There
Pentagon will step up its data collection on sightings
- The federal government released its anticipated report on UFOs on Friday, confirming that more than 100 of them remain unidentified. After reviewing reports of sightings since 2004, the government can't say whether they can be explained by atmospheric visual tricks or extraterrestrial life, or neither, the
May Have Added to UFO Fever
Jun 24, 2021 6:05 PM CDT
Government Deflection May Have Added to UFO Fever
Pentagon sometimes hid secret programs behind public reports of sightings
- At the height of the Cold War, the Pentagon and CIA were more than happy to let the public think unusual sights in the sky were caused by natural phenomena, not by secret aircraft they were developing. The possibility of aliens landing in the desert West also worked, the
Sources Share What
They Know About
Coming UFO Report
Jun 4, 2021 6:27 AM CDT
Sources Share What They Know About Coming UFO Report
It reportedly reaches few firm conclusions about mysterious objects
- A government report on UFOs says officials have found no evidence of visitors from outer space, though most of the mysterious flying objects seen by Navy pilots remain unidentified, insiders say. Sources tell the
New York Times
that the classified report reaches few firm conclusions, but states that investigators have...
Just the Start
May 31, 2021 1:20 PM CDT
Harry Reid's Secret UFO Jaunts Were Just the Start
Politico unpacks how ex-senator, Blink-182 founder brought a taboo topic into mainstream DC politics
- A government analysis on UFOs is due out next month from US intel agencies and the Defense Department, the first time in more than a half-century that the executive branch will release a public accounting of the once-taboo topic—and much of the thanks for that can be traced back...
Pentagon Is Preparing
Declassified UFO Report
May 17, 2021 2:40 PM CDT
Pentagon Is Preparing Declassified UFO Report
COVID relief bill contained June deadline
- UFOs are definitely real, according to numerous military pilots who have seen flying objects they couldn't identify—and as a strange side effect of the COVID crisis, we may soon learn more about how much the military knows. The Trump administration's $2.3 trillion COVID relief bill in...
Apr 11, 2021 10:30 AM CDT
Reported UFO Sightings Jump During Pandemic
Anticipation of government revelations could be a reason
- "With the COVID thing, more people are looking up," said Chris DePerno, a retired police detective. And what they're seeing more often are UFOs. Reported sightings rose nationally last year to more than 7,200, up 1,000 from 2019. In New York state, where DePerno works...
Pentagon's UFO Team to
Make Some Findings Public
Jul 24, 2020 9:58 AM CDT
Pentagon's UFO Team to Make Some Findings Public
The main goal is to see if rival nations are using advanced aircraft
- The Pentagon caused a fuss earlier this year when it declassified videos of UFOs. Alas, an unidentified flying object is just that—something pilots couldn't identify, and not necessarily an alien spaceship. But there's been a rising call for more transparency on the subject, including from such heavyweights...
Videos of UFOs
Apr 28, 2020 6:03 AM CDT
Pentagon Releases Videos of UFOs
Objects in widely-seen footage from 2004, 2015 remain unidentified
- The Pentagon has formally released three videos of UFOs taken by Navy pilots which circulated for years following "unauthorized releases." The footage "does not impinge on any subsequent investigations of military air space incursions by unidentified aerial phenomena" and was therefore released "in order to clear...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
'When I First Saw It, I Thought This Can't Be Real'
Gross Details Air in Boston College Hazing Case
She Worked Her Way Up the Men's Wearhouse Ladder. Now, Jail
Young Would-Be Voters Answer Taylor Swift's Plea
He Picked Up a Bag of Soil, Was Killed by Swarm of Bees
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.