Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Authors Say Trump Era Drove
Zuckerberg, Sandberg Apart
Jul 8, 2021 12:38 PM CDT
Authors Say Trump Era Drove Zuckerberg, Sandberg Apart
Facebook's No. 1, No. 2 disagreed over policy on misinformation, new book says
- Over 13 years, Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg and COO Sheryl Sandberg have built one of the world's most powerful companies—but their close working relationship did not survive Donald Trump's presidency, according to a
New York Times
report adapted from upcoming book
An Ugly Truth: Inside Facebook’s
Here Are the 10 Most
Powerful Women in Business
Oct 20, 2020 8:35 AM CDT
Here Are the 10 Most Powerful Women in Business
Accenture CEO Julie Sweet tops 'Fortune' list
- For nearly a quarter of a century,
has published a list of the most powerful women in the business world, but this year the magazine notes it hasn't been "business as usual." Obviously, that's because of the pandemic and the effects it's had upon...
Who Aren't Parents
Sep 6, 2020 10:40 AM CDT
Facebook Workers Who Aren't Parents See Unfairness
Expanded leave to help care for children leaves other employees feeling left out
- When Sheryl Sandberg held a videoconference with employees last month, more than 2,000 workers wanted to ask the Facebook boss where the help was for people who aren't parents. In keeping with the industry's reputation for top benefits, Facebook had stepped in quickly when the pandemic shutdown...
Jul 8, 2020 9:06 AM CDT
Facebook Meeting With Boycotters Was Rough
Zuckerberg and Co. wanted 'A for attendance,' met no real demands, activists say
- Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg met virtually with civil rights and activist groups who've helped organize a massive advertiser boycott of the social network, and as CNN reports, "it did not go well." Facebook spokesman Andy Stone later expressed gratitude to the organizers "for their continued engagement"...
Jun 17, 2020 12:40 PM CDT
Scarborough: Facebook Is 'Pushing People Toward Extremism'
He speaks out after 'Boogaloo' killings
- Joe Scarborough ripped into Mark Zuckerberg on
Wednesday, accusing the Facebook CEO of promoting extremism that has led to domestic terrorism. Scarborough slammed Zuckerberg and Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg following a segment on the California "Boogaloo" killings of law enforcement officers, which involved two suspects who allegedly...
Feb 28, 2020 1:00 AM CST
Sheryl Sandberg Defends Herself
COO gives first interview since a new book was published
- Sheryl Sandberg defended herself and her leadership in her first interview since a new book about Facebook was published, while offering a new reason for not fact-checking political ads. Asked about claims in
Facebook: The Inside Story
, by Steven Levy, that she's a controlling boss who yells at employees,...
Finds Love Again
Feb 4, 2020 2:16 AM CST
Sheryl Sandberg Finds Love Again
5 years after husband's sudden death, Facebook COO is engaged to Tom Bernthal
- Sheryl Sandberg has found love again after going through the " completely unexpected hell " of husband Dave Goldberg's sudden death five years ago. The Facebook COO has announced her engagement to Tom Bernthal, founder of a strategic consulting agency, the
New York Times
reports. Sandberg, 50, has two...
Afoul of Canada
May 28, 2019 11:38 AM CDT
Zuckerberg, Sandberg Run Afoul of Canada
Facebook execs defy subpoenas to appear at Ottawa hearing
- Facebook executives Mark Zuckerberg and Sheryl Sandberg could be held in contempt of the Canadian parliament after refusing subpoenas to appear at a Tuesday hearing, reports CNN . A Facebook rep said the company planned to send its head of public policy for Facebook Canada, Kevin Chan, and director of public...
Trouble Deepens for
Facebook's Sheryl Sandberg
Nov 30, 2018 6:23 AM CST
Trouble Deepens for Facebook's Sheryl Sandberg
Email reveals she requested research into George Soros
- Facebook exec Sheryl Sandberg is enduring another wave of negative headlines on Friday. The latest development: The
New York Times
reports that she requested research into billionaire George Soros after he went after Facebook. Sandberg sent an email to the company's communications team requesting the research after Soros called...
Facebook's Sandberg Admits
Knowing About PR Firm
Nov 22, 2018 3:28 PM CST
Facebook's Sandberg Admits Knowing About PR Firm
But another Facebook exec has taken the fall
- Facebook second-in-command Sheryl Sandberg now admits that she saw materials from a controversial PR firm that linked the company's critics to George Soros. In a statement Wednesday, Sheryl Sandberg, the firm's chief operating officer, said materials from Definers Public Affairs had indeed crossed her desk, NBC reports. Sandberg...
Zuckerberg: Sheryl Sandberg
Isn't Leaving, and Neither Am I
Nov 21, 2018 4:14 AM CST
Zuckerberg: Sheryl Sandberg Isn't Leaving, and Neither Am I
He says reporters covering Facebook have a 'different world view'
- Mark Zuckerberg says he doesn't plan to be Facebook's CEO forever—but he's certainly not going anywhere right now, and neither is his second-in-command, Sheryl Sandberg. Zuckerberg—who is facing renewed criticism after reports that the company hired a company to smear critics and ignored warning signs...
Zuckerberg: I Had No Idea
About Anti-Soros Strategy
Nov 16, 2018 7:09 AM CST
Zuckerberg: I Had No Idea About Anti-Soros Strategy
Sandberg also denies role in hiring firm that linked Facebook protesters to the financier
- Mark Zuckerberg went on the defense Thursday after a damning report in the
New York Times
faulted him and COO Sheryl Sandberg for how they handled the Russian hacking controversy. "The reality of running a company of more than 10,000 people is that you're not going to...
Sandberg, Zuckerberg Get
Nov 15, 2018 6:40 AM CST
Sandberg, Zuckerberg Get Slammed in
Newspaper accuses the pair of trying to conceal Facebook's lapse on Russian hackers
New York Times
investigative story about Facebook presents a brutal picture of how Mark Zuckerberg and COO Sheryl Sandberg handled the controversy over Russian hacking in the 2016 election. The
uses three words to sum up company strategy: "delay, deny, and deflect." The story, based on...
Empty Chair Says It All:
Senate Is Annoyed With Google
Sep 5, 2018 11:05 AM CDT
Empty Chair Says It All: Senate Is Annoyed With Google
Sheryl Sandberg, Jack Dorsey appear before the Senate Intelligence Committee
- Facebook and Twitter executives, defending their companies on Capitol Hill, said Wednesday they're aggressively trying to root out foreign interests seeking to sow divisions in American democracy as the November elections near. Facebook's No. 2 executive, Sheryl Sandberg, and Twitter's CEO, Jack Dorsey, testified before the Senate...
'I Am Ashamed,'
Read the Email.
Feb 13, 2018 10:05 AM CST
'I Am Ashamed,' Read the Email. Then Facebook's Problems Grew
An 11K-word 'Wired' piece delves into Facebook's 'tumultuous two years'
- "I am disappointed. I am embarrassed. I am ashamed." So read an email Roger McNamee sent to Mark Zuckerberg and Sheryl Sandberg just days before the 2016 election. McNamee is the Zuckerberg mentor who convinced the Facebook CEO to hire Sandberg in the first place, and as an...
to Facebook 'Fail'
Sep 21, 2017 9:40 AM CDT
Sandberg Admits to Facebook 'Fail'
More human oversight will prevent misuse of ads, COO says
- Already facing criticism over the role its ads played in the US presidential election, Facebook is now defending itself over claims that it allowed anti-Semitic ads to be shown to people who posted hate speech online. Responding to a ProPublica report last week that revealed Facebook's algorithm-created ad system...
'Don't Want Uber Job'
Jun 22, 2017 6:55 AM CDT
Sandberg, Huffington 'Don't Want Uber Job'
Facebook COO rumored to be board's first choice
- Uber is looking for a new CEO, but the company's board may have to get used to disappointment: Sources tell the AP that Sheryl Sandberg, rumored to have been among the leading choices to replace Travis Kalanick, has made it clear that she isn't planning on leaving her...
New Book a
Apr 24, 2017 3:40 PM CDT
Sheryl Sandberg's New Book a 'Remarkable Achievement'
Facebook COO's tome on handling grief, finding joy after huge loss strikes chord
- Sheryl Sandberg credits Mark Zuckerberg with helping her survive after husband Dave Goldberg's death in 2015 from a heart attack, a fact she recently revealed in an interview to promote her new book ,
Option B: Facing Adversity, Building Resilience, and Finding Joy
, released Monday by Knopf. Now that the...
Apr 15, 2017 12:55 PM CDT
Sheryl Sandberg: Mark Zuckerberg Is Reason 'I'm Walking'
She says the Facebook founder saved her life after her husband's death
- Sheryl Sandberg says Mark Zuckerberg is the reason "why I'm walking," crediting the Facebook founder with saving her life following the death of her husband in an interview with the
. Sandberg, Facebook's chief operating officer, lost husband Dave Goldberg to a heart attack in 2015....
On Equal Pay Day,
Good News and Bad News
Apr 4, 2017 12:39 PM CDT
On Equal Pay Day, Good News and Bad News
Tuesday is Equal Pay Day
- It takes a woman until the following Tuesday to earn what a man does in a single week, and more than 15 months to earn what a man does in a year, according to the National Committee on Pay Equity. That's why Tuesday is Equal Pay Day, representing how...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Oprah on Beverly Hills Murder: 'World Is Upside Down'
Aariel Maynor Arrested in Jacqueline Avant Murder
Snowstorm Strands Dozens in IKEA Overnight
Chef Sentenced to 4 Months for 'Rushed' Shepherd's Pie
Plumber Finds Cash Stashed Behind Megachurch Wall
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.