Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Israel Hits West Bank With
Biggest Strikes Since 2006
Jul 3, 2023 9:30 AM CDT
Israel Hits West Bank With Biggest Strikes Since 2006
At least 8 Palestinians killed in refugee camp, with 50 injured
- Israel struck targets in a militant stronghold in the occupied West Bank with drones early Monday and deployed hundreds of troops in the area, reports the AP , in an incursion that resembled the wide-scale military operations carried out during the second Palestinian uprising two decades ago. Palestinian health officials said...
Settlers Storm West Bank Town
to Avenge Deadly Shooting
Jun 21, 2023 12:09 PM CDT
Settlers Storm West Bank Town to Avenge Deadly Shooting
'It was terrifying, we just saw mobs of people in the streets, masked, armed'
- Hundreds of Israeli settlers stormed into a Palestinian town in the occupied West Bank on Wednesday, setting fire to dozens of cars and homes to avenge the deaths of four Israelis killed by a pair of Palestinian gunmen the previous day, residents said. Palestinians said one man was killed in...
Israeli Mother Dies Days
After Attack Killed Daughters
Apr 10, 2023 6:40 PM CDT
Israeli Mother Dies Days After Attack Killed Daughters
Lucy Dee had been in a coma since gunmen shot their car on Friday
- An Israeli mother who survived an assault in the West Bank that killed her two daughters died of her own injuries on Monday, reports the BBC . Lucy Dee, 45, had been in a coma since Friday. The three had been riding in the same car that day on their way...
European Nations Weigh In
on West Bank Violence
Mar 4, 2023 1:30 PM CST
European Nations Weigh In on West Bank Violence
Six countries appeal to both sides to not do anything to endanger peace talks
- European countries denounced recent deadly attacks in the occupied West Bank by Palestinian militants on Saturday, while also pressuring Israel. "We urge the Israeli government to reverse its recent decision to advance the construction of more than 7,000 settlement building units across the occupied West Bank and to...
After Rampage, Help Comes
From a Surprise Source
Mar 2, 2023 3:55 PM CST
After Rampage, Help Comes From a Surprise Source
Israeli crowdfunding campaign raises money for Palestinian town
- An Israeli-led crowdfunding campaign has raised hundreds of thousands of dollars for Palestinian residents of a West Bank town that was set ablaze by radical Jewish settlers, the organizer of the drive said Thursday. Some 12,000 Israelis have donated nearly 1.7 million shekels—$465,000—since the campaign...
US: Israeli Official's Words
'Repugnant' and 'Disgusting'
Mar 2, 2023 11:30 AM CST
US: Israeli Official's Words 'Repugnant' and 'Disgusting'
Finance chief Bezalel Smotrich said Palestinian town of Hawara should be 'erased'
- A far-right government official in Israel has drawn the condemnation of the US for his inflammatory comments about a Palestinian town now at the center of tensions. "I think the village of Hawara needs to be erased," said Finance Minister Bezalel Smotrich during an on-stage interview Wednesday. He...
Violence Flares in West Bank,
Leaving 3 Israelis Dead
Feb 27, 2023 4:54 PM CST
Violence Flares in West Bank, Leaving 3 Israelis Dead
Palestinian man shoots driver a day after slayings spark rampage
- A Palestinian gunman on Monday shot and killed an Israeli motorist in the occupied West Bank, the latest bloodshed in a fresh wave of fighting that showed no signs of slowing. The killing occurred a day after two Israelis were killed by a Palestinian gunman in the northern West Bank,...
Israeli Raid on West Bank
Kills 11 Palestinians
Feb 23, 2023 4:17 AM CST
Israeli Raid on West Bank Kills 11 Palestinians
Rockets were fired from Gaza after deadly raid
- Palestinian militants in Gaza launched rockets at southern Israel and Israeli aircraft struck targets in the coastal enclave early Thursday after a gun battle with Israeli troops in the occupied West Bank killed 10 Palestinians. An 11th person died from tear gas inhalation. Among those killed in Wednesday's raid...
Escalation Fears Rise
After Israel Strikes Gaza
Jan 27, 2023 4:18 AM CST
Escalation Fears Rise After Israel Strikes Gaza
Rockets were fired from Gaza after 9 Palestinians died in West Bank raid
- Israel’s defense minister signaled Friday that the military would stop its airstrikes if Palestinian militant groups halted rocket attacks, a day after the deadliest Israeli raid in decades raised the prospect of a major flare-up in fighting. After a limited exchange of Palestinian rockets and Israeli airstrikes on Gaza...
Judge Rules Against
Ben & Jerry's West Bank Pullout
Aug 23, 2022 2:42 PM CDT
Judge Rules Against Ben & Jerry's West Bank Pullout
Federal judge says company's products can still be sold in occupied territories
- A federal judge on Monday rejected a request by Ben & Jerry’s to block a plan by its corporate parent to allow its products to be sold in east Jerusalem and the occupied West Bank against the wishes of the Vermont ice cream maker's independent board of directors....
Painted in West Bank,
Resurfaces in Israel
Aug 5, 2022 4:11 AM CDT
Long-Lost Banksy, Painted in West Bank, Resurfaces in Israel
Secretive artist painted it on concrete slab in West Bank
- A long-lost painting by the British graffiti artist Banksy has resurfaced in a swank art gallery in downtown Tel Aviv, an hour’s drive and a world away from the concrete wall in the occupied West Bank where it was initially sprayed.The relocation of the painting—which depicts a...
Biden's First Middle East Trip
Raises Some Eyebrows
Jun 14, 2022 8:43 AM CDT
Biden's First Middle East Trip Raises Some Eyebrows
President will meet with Crown Prince Mohammed in Saudi Arabia, which he once called a 'pariah'
- President Biden will make his first trip to the Middle East next month with visits to Israel, the West Bank, and Saudi Arabia, the White House announced Tuesday. The decision to pay a call on Saudi leaders during the July 13-16 trip comes after Biden as a Democratic presidential candidate...
Al Jazeera, Israel Clash
Over Death of Reporter
May 11, 2022 6:11 AM CDT
Al Jazeera, Israel Clash Over Death of Reporter
Palestinian journalist Shireen Abu Akleh, a US citizen, was killed during Israeli raid in West Bank
- A female journalist for Al Jazeera was shot and killed while covering an Israeli raid in the occupied West Bank town of Jenin early Wednesday. The broadcaster and a reporter who was wounded in the incident blamed Israeli forces, while Israel claimed there was evidence the two were hit by...
Israel Faces a
'New Wave of Terror'
Mar 30, 2022 7:18 AM CDT
Israel Faces a 'New Wave of Terror'
Gunman kills 5, including a police officer, in 3rd attack in a week
- "We are dealing with a new wave of terror," Israeli Prime Minister Naftali Bennett said Tuesday after a gunman on a motorcycle killed five people with an assault rifle in a suburb of Tel Aviv. Police said they shot and killed the shooter—identified as Diaa Hamarsheh, a...
Israel PM: Ben & Jerry's Will
Face 'Serious Consequences'
Jul 20, 2021 3:24 PM CDT
Israel PM: Ben & Jerry's Will Face 'Serious Consequences'
Naftali Bennett promises to 'act aggressively' against boycott actions
- Israel's prime minister has warned Ben & Jerry's that there will be "serious consequences, legal and otherwise" for its decision to ban sales of its ice cream in what the company calls "Occupied Palestinian Territory." Naftali Bennett said Tuesday that Israel "will act aggressively...
Ben & Jerry's Announces
Withdrawal From West Bank
Jul 19, 2021 6:35 PM CDT
Ben & Jerry's Announces Withdrawal From West Bank
Company says its ice cream won't be sold in 'Occupied Palestinian Territory'
- An announcement from Ben & Jerry's on Monday got a very frosty reception in Israel. The Vermont-based company said in a statement that it will no longer allow its ice cream to be sold in the "Occupied Palestinian Territory"—the West Bank and east Jerusalem—because the...
A Big US
First in Israel,
and a 'Major
Nov 19, 2020 9:10 AM CST
A Big US First in Israel, and a 'Major Policy Shift'
Mike Pompeo is first US diplomat to visit Israeli settlement in occupied West Bank
- Secretary of State Mike Pompeo on Thursday became the first top US diplomat to visit an Israeli settlement in the occupied West Bank as the State Department announced that products from the settlements can be labeled "Made in Israel" in a major policy shift. The two moves reflected the...
Shouldn't Have Aired
Jan 14, 2020 12:20 PM CST
Producers: Bethlehem Question Shouldn't Have Aired
They say wrong version of game show was sent to TV stations
- Producers of the game show
have apologized for a clue that waded into political hot water involving Israeli control of the West Bank, saying an incorrect version of the show was sent to television stations, the AP reports. A game shown last Friday asked contestants to identify the location...
Netanyahu: If Elected, I'll
Annex 'All the Settlements'
Sep 16, 2019 12:07 AM CDT
Netanyahu: If Elected, I'll Annex 'All the Settlements'
Israeli PM is fighting for political survival
- Israel's prime minister is vowing to annex settlements in the West Bank, including one deep in the heart of the largest Palestinian city, if he is re-elected in Tuesday's do-over election. Benjamin Netanyahu told Israeli Army Radio on Monday that he plans to annex "all the settlements"...
Apr 6, 2019 5:15 PM CDT
Netanyahu Makes Stunning Vow on Settlements
Israel's prime minister offers dramatic policy shift
- Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu pledged Saturday to annex Jewish settlements in the occupied West Bank if re-elected, a dramatic policy shift apparently aimed at rallying his nationalist base in the final stretch of the tight race, the AP reports. Netanyahu has promoted Jewish settlement expansion in his four terms...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Fetterman Takes On Senate Dress-Code Fury With Boebert Jab
Surfer Hit the Water, Heard 'Crunch, Crunch, Crunch'
A Day Into Military Assault, Victory Is Declared
Family of 4 Shot Dead in Illinois, Along With Their Dogs
'Like Living in a Horror Film' After Minks Escape From Farm
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.