Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Producers: Bethlehem Question Shouldn't Have Aired
They say wrong version of game show was sent to TV stations
- Producers of the game show
have apologized for a clue that waded into political hot water involving Israeli control of the West Bank, saying an incorrect version of the show was sent to television stations, the AP reports. A game shown last Friday asked contestants to identify the location...
Netanyahu: If Elected, I'll Annex 'All the Settlements'
Israeli PM is fighting for political survival
- Israel's prime minister is vowing to annex settlements in the West Bank, including one deep in the heart of the largest Palestinian city, if he is re-elected in Tuesday's do-over election. Benjamin Netanyahu told Israeli Army Radio on Monday that he plans to annex "all the settlements"...
Netanyahu Makes Stunning Vow on Settlements
Israel's prime minister offers dramatic policy shift
- Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu pledged Saturday to annex Jewish settlements in the occupied West Bank if re-elected, a dramatic policy shift apparently aimed at rallying his nationalist base in the final stretch of the tight race, the AP reports. Netanyahu has promoted Jewish settlement expansion in his four terms...
US Closes Jerusalem Consulate, Angers Palestinians
It served as de facto embassy to Palestinians
- The United States has officially shuttered its consulate in Jerusalem, downgrading the status of its main diplomatic mission to the Palestinians by folding it into the US Embassy to Israel. For decades, the consulate functioned as a de facto embassy to the Palestinians. Now, that outreach will be handled by...
Israeli Teens Arrested in Stoning Death of Palestinian
5 accused of 'serious terror offenses'
- Five Jewish teenagers have been arrested in connection with "serious terror offenses," including the stoning death of a Palestinian woman in October, Israeli authorities revealed after a news blackout was lifted over the weekend. The Shin Bet security agency says the five, who were detained a week ago,...
Baby Delivered Prematurely After Drive-By Dies
Israeli forces killed the Palestinian suspect in the West Bank shooting Wednesday
- A drive-by shooting at a West Bank bus stop Sunday night led to the premature birth of a baby, who died Wednesday, hours before a Palestinian suspected in the attack was killed by Israeli forces. Salah Barghouti, 29, was allegedly among assailants in a vehicle that opened fire outside a...
Israel Charges 16-Year-Old Filmed Slapping Soldier
Palestinian girl's father says it's a 'political trial'
- A 16-year-old girl hailed as a hero by Palestinians for slapping and pushing Israeli soldiers was indicted Monday on 12 charges, including aggravated assault. In a Dec. 15 video that went viral, Ahed Tamimi; her mother, Nariman Tamimi; and 21-year-old cousin Nur Tamimi confronted the soldiers outside their family home...
Security Forces Clash With Santas in Bethlehem
Christians join protest against Jerusalem move
- Peace on earth and goodwill once again seem to be in short supply in Bethlehem, where Palestinian protesters dressed as Santa Claus clashed with Israeli security forces in the historical birthplace of Jesus Saturday. Israeli soldiers used tear gas and stun grenades to push back the Santas, who were protesting...
Jerusalem Decision Triggers 'Day of Rage'
At least one dead in protests over Trump's decision to recognize city as Israeli capital
- Palestinians angry over President Trump's recognition of Jerusalem as Israel's capital clashed with Israeli troops at 30 locations across the West Bank and Gaza on Friday, resulting in at least one death, reports the AP . One Palestinian was killed in skirmishes between protesters and Israeli troops along the...
UNESCO List Gets New Sites, Cries of Anti-Semitism Follow
Statement follows decision recognizing Palestinian site
- The West Bank city of Hebron's Old Town, as well a religious site it houses, were added to the UNESCO list of world heritage in danger in a 12-3 decision in Poland on Friday, drawing praise from Palestinians and outrage from Israelis. Israel, which claims Hebron as the birthplace...
Why Trump Won't Refer to Concert Attacker as 'Monster'
'They would like that term'
- President Trump visited the West Bank city of Bethlehem Tuesday, where he condemned the "losers" behind Monday night's horrific terrorist attack in Manchester . "So many young, beautiful, innocent people living and enjoying their lives murdered by evil losers in life. I won't call them monsters because...
Hotel Offers 'Worst View' Outside, Banksy Inside
You can sleep under his artwork in West Bank Hotel
- A Palestinian guest house packed with artwork of the elusive British graffiti artist Banksy unveiled itself Friday in the West Bank city of Bethlehem. The nine-room establishment named "The Walled Off Hotel" will officially open on March 11, but reporters got an advance tour, per the AP . The hotel,...
Dead Sea Scrolls Cave Discovered, but Someone Got There First
Looters got there 70 years before researchers
- Israeli researchers have discovered what they believe is the first new Dead Sea Scrolls cave uncovered in more than 60 years—but looters got there long before them. The site at the Qumran cliffs, an Israeli-controlled site in the West Bank, has yielded artifacts including pieces of pottery, broken scroll...
Emboldened by Trump, Israel OKs New Settlements
Netanyahu regularly ran into friction from Obama White House
- Israel said Tuesday it approved 2,500 new settler homes in the West Bank, a controversial moves that signals a major ramp-up of construction just days after the swearing-in of President Trump, whose election has emboldened the settlement movement, reports the AP . Trump is widely expected to be more sympathetic...
Israeli Girl, 13, Stabbed to Death in Her Own Bed
Assailant was shot dead by guards in West Bank
- A 13-year-old Israeli girl is dead after a Palestinian man entered her home and stabbed her in her bed, police say. Hallel Ariel's mother says the girl was "happy" and "sleeping calmly" in her bedroom in the Jewish settlement of Kiryat Arba in the West Bank when...
Israel Indicts Jewish Extremists in Toddler's Death
July firebombing killed 18-month-old, parents
- Israel on Sunday indicted two Jewish extremists in a July arson attack on a Palestinian home that killed a toddler and his parents—a case that has been unsolved for months and helped fuel the current wave of Israeli-Palestinian violence. The long-awaited indictment follows months of investigations into a web...
Palestinians Set Fire to Joseph's Tomb
IDF spokesman calls it 'blatant violation of the basic value of freedom of worship'
- A holy site in the West Bank often visited by Jewish pilgrims under the cover of darkness with the Israeli military protecting them was set on fire by Palestinians Thursday night. Though firefighters put out the blaze, the incident has only added fuel to the fire already burning between the...
Israel Arrests Suspected Jewish Extremists Without Charge
Crackdown in wake of deadly West Bank firebombing intensifies
- Israel intensified its crackdown on Jewish extremists today, jailing two high-profile ultranationalist Israelis for six months without charge and arresting additional suspects in West Bank settlements. The crackdown comes after a deadly July 31 firebomb attack that killed an 18-month-old Palestinian boy and severely wounded his parents and brother. The...
Father of Toddler Killed in Firebombing Also Dies
Mother, brother still recuperating
- The father of a Palestinian toddler killed in a firebomb attack last week in the West Bank has died of his wounds from the same incident. In addition to the deaths of 18-month-old Ali Dawabsheh and his father Saed, the boy's 4-year-old brother and his mother remain seriously injured....
Palestinian Toddler Killed in Blaze Blamed on Jewish Extremists
Assailants threw firebombs into West Bank homes
- Firebombs exploded in two West Bank homes this morning, igniting a blaze that killed an 18-month-old Palestinian boy and severely wounded his 4-year-old brother and parents in what Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu quickly labeled "an act of terrorism in every respect," reports NBC News . Jewish settlers are suspected,...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Pastor to Trump: 'the Lord' Told Me Who Will Win
First-Grade Remote Class Turns Absolutely Horrifying
One Emerging Factor May Help Trump's Chances
Senator's Treatment of Name 'Kamala' Gives Boost to Rival
Court: Man Who Wouldn't Shake Woman's Hand Can't Be Citizen
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
Newser In Your Inbox
Get The Morning 8: The eight stories you need to know, bright and early.
View all Newsletters and sign up
Get our apps
Install our app
Suggest a Story
© 2020 Newser, LLC. All rights reserved.
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.