Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 21 - 40 |
After Months of
Arrests in 'Heinous'
Jan 28, 2021 9:35 AM CST
After Months of No Progress, Arrests in 'Heinous' Denver Case
3 teen boys face murder charges after house fire that killed family of 5
- Three teenage boys have been arrested in the Denver house fire that killed a family of five in August, after months without progress . Authorities say the two 16-year-olds and a 15-year-old face 28 criminal counts, including first-degree murder, attempted murder with extreme indifference, arson, and burglary, per the
Suspect in 'Abhorrent' Bowling
Alley Shooting a Green Beret
Dec 28, 2020 7:23 AM CST
Suspect in 'Abhorrent' Bowling Alley Shooting a Green Beret
Army Sgt. 1st Class Duke Webb was in Ill. on leave from Fla.'s Eglin Air Force Base, authorities say
- An Army Green Beret has been arrested and charged with murder after a weekend shooting at an Illinois bowling alley that left three senior citizens dead and three injured, including two teens. Police say that Sgt. 1st Class Duke Webb, an active service member who's been with the US...
After 'Most Extreme Anti-Mask
Incident' in Anaheim, 3 Arrests
Dec 22, 2020 7:54 AM CST
After 'Most Extreme Anti-Mask Incident' in Anaheim, 3 Arrests
2 men face life in prison after allegedly shooting up strip club after being asked to wear face coverings
- Authorities tell the
a late October shooting at a strip club in Anaheim, Calif., was "the most extreme anti-mask incident" in the city to date. Now, three suspects have been arrested, and two of them face life in prison if convicted. Prosecutors say that on Halloween night,...
Nov 20, 2020 3:55 PM CST
Woman Pushed Onto Subway Tracks Survives
Arrest made in one of a series of platform attacks this week
- While a 40-year-old woman waited on a New York subway platform Thursday for her approaching train to come to a stop, police said, a man standing nearby was watching, "calculating for the train to approach the station." He then sprinted over to the woman and shoved her onto...
He Told Sisters to Wear Masks.
He Was Stabbed 27 Times
Oct 28, 2020 9:25 AM CDT
He Told Sisters to Wear Masks. He Was Stabbed 27 Times
Jessica Hill, 21, and Jayla Hill, 18, are accused of attempted murder in Chicago
- A security guard for a Chicago store is recovering from dozens of stab wounds after prosecutors say two sisters confronted him over being told they had to wear face masks. Per the
Cook County prosecutors said in court Tuesday that 18-year-old Jayla Hill and her sister Jessica, 21,...
Man Shot 9 Times in
Plot: She's 'Crazy'
Oct 15, 2020 10:45 AM CDT
Man Shot 9 Times in Alleged Murder-for-Hire Plot: She's 'Crazy'
Baron Li's ex-wife, 2 alleged accomplices charged in Washington state
- Baron Li was shot nine times at point-blank range in the parking lot of his apartment complex on July 10. He spent a week in the hospital, followed by a month in a wheelchair. And still, his ex-wife kept plotting his death, according to prosecutors in King County, Wash., who'...
Cops: Man's Plot
to Kill His Wife Was
a 'Mind-Boggling' One
Oct 7, 2020 9:07 AM CDT
Cops: Man's Plot to Kill His Wife Was a 'Mind-Boggling' One
Pa. police say William Dankesreiter rigged tripwire at top of basement stairs
- For better or worse has veered into "worse" territory for a Pennsylvania woman, with her husband of nearly three decades now facing charges for attempted murder. "I'm a mess," 59-year-old Laura Dankesreiter tells Fox News . "You don't plan on your husband of 27 years...
of Attempted Murder
Says Cops Didn't Help Her
Sep 30, 2020 7:21 AM CDT
Protester Accused of Attempted Murder Says Cops Didn't Help Her
Tatiana Turner allegedly drove car into crowd of Trump supporters at BLM rally
- The organizer of a Southern California rally against racism was charged with attempted murder Tuesday for driving her car into a crowd of counterprotesters. Orange County prosecutors say Tatiana Turner deliberately drove into a crowd of President Trump's supporters with the intent to kill a woman, whose head she...
He Avoids Long
Sep 18, 2020 12:46 PM CDT
He Avoids Long Jail Sentence With Courthouse Proposal
His now-fiancee opted not to testify against him for allegedly trying to kill her
- A 48-year-old man in Germany avoided a lengthy jail sentence after he made a marriage proposal in court to the woman he was on trial for allegedly trying to kill with a bayonet, per the AP . The woman said yes, then refused to testify against him, reports the German-language
Teen Who Tossed Boy Off
Tate Balcony Hears His Fate
Jun 26, 2020 11:26 AM CDT
Teen Who Tossed Boy Off Tate Balcony Hears His Fate
Jonty Bravery, 18, gets at least 15 years behind bars, but 'you may never be released,' judge says
- A teen who threw a 6-year-old French boy off a 10th-floor viewing platform at London's Tate Modern art gallery last summer has been sentenced to at least 15 years behind bars—and he could see even more time than that. Per CNN , Justice Maura McGowan told 18-year-old Jonty Bravery...
He's a Teen
and Under Arrest
May 22, 2020 10:25 AM CDT
He's a Teen Football Star— and Under Arrest
Luke Hill allegedly threatened the boyfriend of his ex-girlfriend
- A high school football star who fielded offers from more than a half-dozen colleges isn't likely to attend any this fall after he allegedly tried to murder his ex-girlfriend's boyfriend. Luke Hill, 18, of Maryland was arrested on a slew of charges including attempted first-degree murder and first-degree...
Cops: 'Senseless Act' at Waffle
House Over Unmasked Man
May 20, 2020 7:43 AM CDT
Cops: 'Senseless Act' at Waffle House Over Unmasked Man
Kelvin Watson, 27, has been charged with attempted murder in shooting of cook in Colo.
- A shooting at a Colorado Waffle House that left one employee injured took place after a customer was asked to wear a face mask, local cops say. According to an arrest affidavit cited by KDVR , police say 27-year-old Kelvin Watson first showed up at the Aurora restaurant, which is currently...
Grave After 3 Days
May 15, 2020 2:13 PM CDT
Cops: Woman Rescued From Grave After 3 Days
58-year-old in China charged with attempted murder after allegedly burying mother alive
- Police in northern China charged a man with attempted murder after he allegedly buried his mother in an abandoned grave, where she was found traumatized but alive after three days covered by loose dirt. The man's wife told police her husband carried his mother away in a wheelbarrow on...
Driver Rams 4 Teens in Horrible
Case of Mistaken Identity: Cops
Mar 4, 2020 6:30 PM CST
Driver Rams 4 Teens in Horrible Case of Mistaken Identity: Cops
Police say 18-year-old thought group put poop in his car, ran them down
- Two teenagers were seriously injured when a driver enraged by damage done to his car during a "prank" struck an innocent group of pedestrians he wrongly believed were responsible, police in Northern California said. Two other teenagers had moderate injuries after the attack Saturday, the AP reports. The 18-year-old...
Feb 21, 2020 7:09 AM CST
Lesotho's PM Ordered Wife's Killing: Cops
A no-show in court, Thomas Thabane cites health crisis
- Lesotho's prime minister will join his current wife in facing murder charges in the 2017 shooting death of his estranged wife—whenever he shows up to court. Thomas Thabane failed to appear in court on Friday, with his press secretary saying he'd been taken to doctors in neighboring...
Man Tricked Women Into
Shocking Themselves: Court
Jan 20, 2020 5:45 PM CST
Man Tricked Women Into Shocking Themselves: Court
German victims were contacted online and given instructions for supposed experiment
- A court in Germany has convicted a 31-year-old man of attempted murder in more than a dozen cases for tricking women into giving themselves electric shocks while he watched over the internet. Munich's regional court on Monday sentenced the man, identified only as David G. for privacy reasons, to...
Cops: Wife of Zimbabwe
VP Tried to Kill Him
Dec 16, 2019 1:20 PM CST
Cops: Wife of Zimbabwe VP Tried to Kill Him
Marry Chiwenga also charged with money laundering and fraud
- The wife of Zimbabwe’s vice president has been charged with attempting to kill her husband, the AP reports. Marry Chiwenga, a former model and wife of Vice President Constantino Chiwenga, appeared at the Harare Magistrates Court Monday where she was also charged with money laundering and fraud. Wearing a...
Arrest Made in High School
Football Game Shooting
Nov 16, 2019 2:05 PM CST
Arrest Made in High School Football Game Shooting
Alvin Wyatt, 31, has been charged on 5 counts
- Six men have been charged after a shooting at a New Jersey high school football game, including the alleged gunman and one of the three people wounded in what authorities said Saturday was the result of "petty vengeance." The wounded man, Ibn Abdullah, 27, was the target of...
He Tried 'to Kill as Many People
as Possible.' Now, His Fate
Oct 14, 2019 10:35 AM CDT
He Tried 'to Kill as Many People as Possible.' Now, His Fate
Salih Khater gets life in prison after plowing his car into crowd outside UK Parliament, injuring 3
- A man who deliberately drove his car into several people outside Britain's Parliament in a bid "to kill as many people as possible" was sentenced Monday to life imprisonment for attempted murder. During a hearing at London's Central Criminal Court, Judge Maura McGowan said Salih Khater must...
Cops: He Walked Out of a
7-Eleven, Covered in Blood
Aug 10, 2019 5:30 AM CDT
Cops: He Walked Out of a 7-Eleven, Covered in Blood
Zachary Castaneda allegedly killed 4, injured 2
- The suspect in a Southern California stabbing rampage that left four people dead and two injured pleaded not guilty Friday to murder, attempted murder, and other counts. Zachary Castaneda was arraigned in his jail cell instead of court after refusing to leave his jail cell, Orange County District Attorney Todd...
Stories 21 - 40 |
Popular on Newser
Miner's Surprise Find: 'She's Perfect and She's Beautiful'
Conservatives Skeptical of Thomas' New Challenge
20 Dead in S. African Nightclub, and Police Don't Know Cause
World Leaders Now Going After Russia's 2nd-Largest Export
Lawmaker Makes Gaffe Praising Abortion Decision
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.