Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 41 - 60 |
Charges Dropped After
Stormy Daniels Arrest
Jul 12, 2018 2:47 PM CDT
Charges Dropped After Stormy Daniels Arrest
Daniels was booked after cops say she violated 'no touching' laws in a strip club
- The charges against adult film star Stormy Daniels have been dropped following her arrest at an Ohio strip club Wednesday night. Daniels, whose real name is Stephanie Clifford, was booked following an appearance at the Sirens club in Columbus during which she was accused of touching three undercover police officers...
Stormy Daniels Arrested;
Lawyer Claims 'Set-Up'
Jul 12, 2018 6:13 AM CDT
Stormy Daniels Arrested; Lawyer Claims 'Set-Up'
She allegedly violated Ohio law prohibiting strip club touching
- Stormy Daniels was arrested at an Ohio strip club early Thursday after allegedly violating an "obscure" state law, per CNN —though her lawyer claims it was a set-up. Daniels, real name Stephanie Clifford, was believed to have been performing at Columbus strip club Sirens when she "was...
First Lady's Office Fires Back
After Giuliani Speaks Out
Jun 8, 2018 6:51 AM CDT
First Lady's Office Fires Back After Giuliani Speaks Out
Spokeswoman says she hasn't discussed Stormy Daniels or anything else with Giuliani
- Rudy Giuliani spoke out on Stormy Daniels Wednesday—causing the office of Melania Trump to speak out on Rudy Giuliani. The first lady has never publicly discussed President Trump's alleged affair with the adult film star, and a spokeswoman made it clear Thursday that Giuliani wasn't speaking on...
Giuliani: Don't Believe Stormy
Daniels, She's a Porn Star
Jun 7, 2018 3:12 PM CDT
Giuliani: Don't Believe Stormy Daniels, She's a Porn Star
As opposed to a 'woman of substance'
- President Donald Trump's attorney, Rudy Giuliani, said Stormy Daniels' claim she had sex with Trump in 2006 isn't credible because she's a porn actress with "no reputation." "I'm sorry I don't respect a porn star the way I respect a career woman...
Report: TV Execs Pitched Show
Starring Stormy Lawyer, Mooch
May 18, 2018 12:20 AM CDT
Report: TV Execs Pitched Show Starring Stormy Lawyer, Mooch
'Not happening,' says Scaramucci
- TV insiders say at least two networks have been pitched a show featuring a different kind of odd couple: Anthony Scaramucci and Michael Avenatti, Stormy Daniels' lawyer. TV agent Jay Sures has talked to execs at CNN and MSNBC about a show in which the former White House communications director...
Footnote in Tiny Type Reveals
Trump's Repayment to Cohen
May 16, 2018 2:37 PM CDT
Footnote in Tiny Type Reveals Trump's Repayment to Cohen
Repayment was included in this year's financial disclosure
- President Trump has submitted his annual financial disclosure to the US Office of Government Ethics, and the report reveals a payment to his personal attorney, Michael Cohen, the AP reports. The value of the payment ranged from $100,001 to $250,000. Trump attorney Rudy Giuliani revealed earlier this month...
Cohen Cashed in as
a 'Trump Whisperer'
May 10, 2018 5:44 AM CDT
Cohen Cashed in as a 'Trump Whisperer'
Novartis ended up paying $1.2M for one meeting
- Michael Cohen made millions of dollars after the election as a "Trump whisperer," charging corporate clients large sums for insights into the thinking of the new administration—but it's still unclear whether his behavior was illegal or merely "swampy." Sources tell the
Has News on
May 6, 2018 10:35 AM CDT
Rudy Giuliani Has News on Possible Trump Plea
Trump's top attorney talks up a storm on 'This Week'
- Rudy Giuliani got America's attention Sunday by saying he couldn't deny that President Trump may plead the Fifth Amendment if he testifies in the Russia probe, ABC News reports. "Are you confident the president will not take the Fifth in this case?" asked George Stephanopoulos on
Live From New York,
It's Stormy Daniels
May 6, 2018 8:58 AM CDT
Live From New York, It's Stormy Daniels
'SNL' trots out a star-studded Cold Open
- The most famously hushed woman currently in America opened her mouth and yelled, "Live from New York, it's Saturday night!"
Saturday Night Live
trotted out Stormy Daniels as part of a star-studded Cold Open poking fun at President Trump's current woes, reports
Rolling Stone ,
NYT: Trump Knew About
Payment to Porn Star
May 5, 2018 12:30 PM CDT
NYT: Trump Knew About Payment to Porn Star
The president also reimbursed his lawyer with up to $470K
- President Trump was aware that his personal attorney paid $130,000 in hush money to porn star Stormy Daniels, aka Stephanie Clifford, before he denied it on Air Force One, two people with direct knowledge of the arrangement tell the
New York Times
. Clifford received the money just prior to...
Trump Says Giuliani Spoke
'Incorrectly' on Daniels Payment
May 4, 2018 11:04 AM CDT
Trump Says Giuliani Spoke 'Incorrectly' on Daniels Payment
But president is confident his new lawyer will soon 'get his facts straight'
- Some "stunning" revelations from new Trump lawyer Rudy Giuliani this week have caused a stir in the legal community and made the former NYC mayor the butt of late-night jokes. Adding to the commotion: the president himself, who the
New York Times
says "undercut" Giuliani Friday on claims...
Giuliani's 'Damage Control'
May Have Backfired
May 4, 2018 6:35 AM CDT
Giuliani's 'Damage Control' May Have Backfired
He may have caused new headaches for Trump
- Rudy Giuliani appears to have been making an effort at damage control with his bombshell media appearances this week, analysts say—but it may have backfired, big time. Legal experts tell the
that the remarks from Giuliani, who recently joined President Trump's legal team, could provide investigators...
Giuliani: Trump Knew I Would
Talk About Stormy Payment
May 3, 2018 6:35 AM CDT
Giuliani: Trump Knew I Would Talk About Stormy Payment
Analysts say Giuliani might be wrong about Trump not being in campaign finance trouble
- President Trump might have reimbursed his lawyer for a hush-money payment to a porn star and then possibly lied about it, but at least he's off the hook for campaign finance violations, according to Rudy Giuliani's startling admission on Sean Hannity's show Wednesday night. Analysts say he...
Giuliani: Trump Repaid Lawyer
for Daniels Hush Money
May 3, 2018 12:51 AM CDT
Giuliani: Trump Repaid Lawyer for Daniels Hush Money
Her lawyer calls it a 'stunning revelation'
- President Trump's new lawyer directly contradicted Michael Cohen and the president himself in bombshell remarks on Fox Wednesday night. Rudy Giuliani told Sean Hannity that Trump reimbursed longtime personal lawyer Michael Cohen for a $130,000 "hush money" payment to Stormy Daniels, and the arrangement was "perfectly...
Sues Trump Again
Apr 30, 2018 2:11 PM CDT
Stormy Daniels Sues Trump Again
This time she's suing for defamation
- After Stormy Daniels shared a forensic sketch of a man she says threatened her in 2011 and warned her not to discuss her alleged affair with now-President Trump, Trump tweeted that it was just "a sketch years later about a nonexistent man. A total con job, playing the Fake...
Facing 2 Big
Reprieve for One
Apr 28, 2018 7:00 AM CDT
Facing 2 Big Challenges, Trump Lawyer Gets Reprieve for One
Judge grants 90-day stay in Daniels' suit against Michael Cohen while criminal probe plays out
- When you've got a civil matter overlapping with a criminal one, you may need to prioritize which fire to deal with first. A federal judge agrees in the case of Michael Cohen, approving on Friday a 90-day stay in the civil lawsuit against him and President Trump by Stephanie...
Porn Star's Lawyer: Trump
Made 'Damaging Admission'
Apr 26, 2018 10:05 AM CDT
Porn Star's Lawyer: Trump Made 'Damaging Admission'
President acknowledges that Michael Cohen represented him in Stormy Daniels deal
- During a half-hour phone conversation with
Fox & Friends
Thursday morning, President Trump acknowledged that attorney Michael Cohen made a deal on his behalf with adult film star Stormy Daniels. The
notes that it's the first time Trump has confirmed that Cohen represented him when paying Daniels...
Cohen Makes 'Stunning'
Move in Stormy Daniels Case
Apr 26, 2018 6:47 AM CDT
Cohen Makes 'Stunning' Move in Stormy Daniels Case
He plans to plead the Fifth in civil lawsuit
- In what Stormy Daniels' lawyer called a "stunning development," President Trump's personal lawyer said Wednesday that he plans to invoke his Fifth Amendment right not to incriminate himself in the adult film star's lawsuit against him. Michael Cohen, citing government raids on his home and offices...
Trump Tweets About
Stormy Daniels' Police Sketch
Apr 18, 2018 6:19 AM CDT
Trump Tweets About Stormy Daniels' Police Sketch
As her lawyer ups the reward for information about the man portrayed
- Stormy Daniels and her lawyer, Michael Avenatti, on Tuesday shared a forensic sketch of the man they say threatened Daniels in 2011 over her alleged affair with President Trump. Later that day, Avenatti upped the ante for anyone who can identify the man. In a CNN interview , Avenatti said the...
Famed Sketch Artist
Come Up With This
Apr 17, 2018 12:15 PM CDT
Stormy Daniels, Famed Sketch Artist Come Up With This
It's an image of the man Daniels says threatened her in 2011
- If you know the man pictured in this sketch, Stormy Daniels would like to know. She and her lawyer on Tuesday revealed the drawing on
and announced a $100,000 reward for information about the man, who Daniels says threatened her over her alleged affair with Donald Trump....
Stories 41 - 60 |
Popular on Newser
Frantic Parents Tased, Arrested Amid Arizona School Lockdown
Rep Confirms Heche's Death as Exes Grieve
Lindsey Graham Gets Bad News From Federal Judge
Captain Cook's Endeavour Is Being Wrecked Again
Now in San Francisco: $20K Trash Cans
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.