Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
'a Liar and
Apr 24, 2022 4:30 PM CDT
Warren Calls McCarthy 'a Liar and a Traitor'
Republicans say House minority leader might have been thinking aloud about Trump options
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren provided assessments of both parties on Sunday, with her harshest words reserved for House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy. The California Republican had denied a report that he said he'd call on President Trump to resign days after the attack on the Capitol, per the Hill , only...
Dec 20, 2021 8:08 AM CST
Elon Musk Tweets His Estimated Tax Bill
He says he'll pay more than $11B this year, and business sites think that's about right
Elon Musk has been feuding with Elizabeth Warren and other critics who say he doesn't pay enough taxes. On Sunday night, Musk fought back with specifics: He tweeted that he will pay more than $11 billion this year, largely because he's sold a swath of his Tesla...
Dec 20, 2021 12:33 AM CST
Elizabeth Warren, Cory Booker Have COVID
Senators both got 2 vaccine doses plus a booster
- Sens. Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts and Cory Booker of New Jersey say they have tested positive for COVID-19, as the country deals with another surge in cases and the emergence of the omicron variant. In separate statements Sunday, the Democrats said they had been fully vaccinated with two doses and...
Warren Calls Fed Chair
a 'Dangerous Man'
Sep 28, 2021 3:36 PM CDT
Warren Calls Fed Chair a 'Dangerous Man'
She tells Jerome Powell she will oppose his renomination
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren addressed what she called the "elephant in the room" at a Senate Banking Committee hearing Tuesday—the question of whether Jerome Powell will be renominated as Federal Reserve chair. The Democrat told Powell that she considers him a "dangerous man" who has weakened the country'...
No One Seems Able
to Save Eviction Ban
Jul 31, 2021 5:15 PM CDT
No One Seems Able to Save Eviction Ban
Lawmakers vent at Biden while pushing CDC to act
- With the national moratorium on evictions by landlords expiring at midnight, members of Congress on Saturday expressed frustration—sometimes angrily—that no one has acted to preserve it. House Democrats tried to pass legislation extending the ban on Friday night but failed, ABC reports. "We are only hours away...
Bezos' Nod to
Does Not Go Over Well
Jul 21, 2021 8:16 AM CDT
Bezos' Nod to Amazon Workers Does Not Go Over Well
Space flight indulgence came as Amazon delivery drivers are without health insurance, critics say
- After his quick trip to space on Tuesday, Jeff Bezos had some people to thank. "I want to thank every Amazon employee, and every Amazon customer because you guys paid for all this," the world's richest man said at a news conference, per CBS News . That comment...
Warren Has to Say
About Primary Loss
May 3, 2021 3:00 AM CDT
What Elizabeth Warren Has to Say About Primary Loss
'Maybe I just wasn't good enough to reassure the voters,' she writes in new book
- Elizabeth Warren's third book,
, is out Tuesday, and in it, the Massachusetts senator muses on her loss in the 2020 presidential primary. Per the
New York Times
, she thinks the lack of an explanation for how her health care plan would be funded is partially to blame; Joe...
'Ultra-Millionaire Tax Act'
Mar 1, 2021 12:25 PM CST
Democrats Unveil 'Ultra-Millionaire Tax Act'
Warren says it's popular with voters on both sides
- When Sen. Elizabeth Warren proposed a tax on the ultra-rich during her 2020 campaign, analysts said it would raise around $2.75 trillion. The richest Americans have grown so much richer during the pandemic that the estimate is now more than $3 trillion. Warren and two House Democrats, Reps. Pramila...
Changes at USPS
Aug 16, 2020 9:19 AM CDT
Probe Begins of Postmaster's Changes at USPS
Trump defends postmaster general but says, 'I don't know what he's doing'
- The Postal Service's inspector general is looking into the changes that have slowed delivery and led to warnings that states shouldn't count on mail-in ballots for the November election arriving in time. The changes are part of what Postmaster General Louis DeJoy has called a restructuring, CNN reports....
Trump Doubles Down on Base
Renaming With New Threat
Jul 1, 2020 11:05 AM CDT
Trump Doubles Down on Base Renaming With New Threat
'I will Veto' $740B annual defense bill if Elizabeth Warren-proposed amendment is included
- An amendment to the National Defense Authorization Act regarding the renaming of US military bases paying tribute to Confederate leaders has already been approved in a voice vote by the Senate's Armed Services Committee. But President Trump has just made clear he doesn't intend to let it get...
Biden Team Gets Contenders
for Running Mate Down to 6
Jun 12, 2020 4:30 PM CDT
Biden Team Gets Contenders for Running Mate Down to 6
On the other hand, new candidates could be added
- Joe Biden's search for a running mate is entering a second round of vetting for a dwindling list of potential vice presidential nominees for his campaign against President Trump, with several black women in strong contention. Democrats with knowledge of the process said Biden's search committee has narrowed...
Kind of Grief
May 18, 2020 7:20 PM CDT
Warren: Brother's COVID Death Brings New Kind of Grief
Senator describes losing Don Reed Herring
- In an interview with
about government and politics, Sen. Elizabeth Warren opened up about the death of her eldest brother. Don Reed Herring, 86, died of COVID-19 in April while isolated from his family—a new kind of death that brings what Warren called "a kind of...
May 15, 2020 6:25 AM CDT
As Bezos Heads Toward Trillionaire, Outrage
Analysis suggests he could be first trillionaire by 2026
- Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos found himself the target of attacks from Sen. Elizabeth Warren, Rep. Bonnie Watson Coleman, and a lot of social media users on Thursday as outlets highlighted an analysis suggesting he'll become the first ever trillionaire. Business website Comparisun determined the 56-year-old—with a current net...
Elizabeth Warren's Brother
Dies of Coronavirus
Apr 23, 2020 11:45 AM CDT
Elizabeth Warren's Brother Dies of Coronavirus
Don Reed Herring was 86
- The coronavirus just hit too close to home for Elizabeth Warren. She announced Thursday that her oldest brother has died of the illness in Oklahoma. Don Reed Herring was 86, 16 years Warren's senior, and he was diagnosed with COVID-19 about three weeks ago, reports the
Elizabeth Warren Doesn't
Hesitate on VP Question
Apr 16, 2020 7:05 AM CDT
Elizabeth Warren Doesn't Hesitate on VP Question
Says she'd be Biden's running mate: 'We both want the same thing'
- Elizabeth Warren is ready to step into the role of vice presidential candidate if asked. The Massachusetts senator on Wednesday told MSNBC's Rachel Maddow that she would accept the role of Joe Biden's running mate should he offer it to her, per NBC News . "We both want...
Another Big Endorsement
Comes in for Joe Biden
Apr 15, 2020 8:37 AM CDT
Another Big Endorsement Comes in for Joe Biden
Sen. Elizabeth Warren has now given her blessing
- First Bernie , then Obama , and now a third big endorsement for Joe Biden. Boston.com reports that Elizabeth Warren has offered her thumbs-up for the former vice president, making her announcement Wednesday morning with a nearly four-minute video. "In this moment of crisis, it's more important than ever...
Now the Big Biden
Question: Who Is VP?
Apr 9, 2020 8:32 AM CDT
Now the Big Biden Question: Who Is VP?
Kamala Harris is seen as a top contender to be his running mate
- Now that Bernie Sanders has dropped out , focus is turning to the VP pick of presumptive nominee Joe Biden. The former vice president already has pledged to pick a woman as his running mate, and Aaron Blake of the
ranks the "most logical" candidates. No. 1 on...
Influential Progressive Group
Updates Its Endorsement
Mar 10, 2020 2:10 AM CDT
Influential Progressive Group Updates Its Endorsement
Group had controversially endorsed Elizabeth Warren originally
- An influential progressive group has urged its supporters to vote for Bernie Sanders now that Elizabeth Warren is out of the race . The Working Families Party—which endorsed Sanders in 2016 but surprised some supporters this time around by backing Warren—threw its support behind Sanders on Monday, saying Biden'...
Lands a New Gig
Mar 8, 2020 7:11 AM CDT
Elizabeth Warren Lands a New Gig
Former presidential candidate stops by 'Saturday Night Live'
- The Oval Office might have proven elusive for Elizabeth Warren, but as a distant, distant second place, the former presidential contender got to play herself on
Saturday Night Live
—and in the tradition of Hillary Clinton , alongside cast-member Kate McKinnon playing herself as well. The backdrop was ostensibly Fox's...
Mar 7, 2020 3:00 PM CST
Joe Biden Mini-Gaffe Is Fresh Meat Online
The presidential candidate can't get 'Bernie Bros' quite right
- Joe Biden took a swing at Bernie Sanders supporters Friday and stumbled into a gaffe that's classic Joe—which generated a few chuckles online,
reports. "What we can't let happen is let this primary become a negative bloodbath," Biden said at a Maryland fundraiser....
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
'Holy Cow. Plants Actually Grow in Lunar Stuff'
What We Know About the Buffalo Mass Shooting
This Nude Is Now Most Expensive Photo Ever
Thomas: Justices Don't Trust Each Other Anymore
Women Fell Hard for Him. Many Say It Cost Them
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.