Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Lindell's Latest Dispute Is With
Network That Helped Make Him
Jul 30, 2021 7:00 AM CDT
Lindell's Latest Dispute Is With Network That Helped Make Him
MyPillow CEO says he's pulling ads from Fox after he claims it wouldn't air commercial
- Mike Lindell says he has proof the presidency was stolen from Donald Trump in 2020, and next month he's set to livestream a cyber symposium that will allegedly present said proof. It's his commercial promoting the event, however, that's at the center of a dispute with Fox...
In Need of a
Wireless Mic or
He Was Your Guy
Jul 29, 2021 7:57 AM CDT
In Need of a Wireless Mic or Food Dehydrator? He Was Your Guy
Infomercial icon and Ronco pitchman Ron Popeil dies at 86
- In the darkest, wee-est hours of the nights of yore, when all the real TV programming ran out, there used to be something called infomercials: entire TV programs about people selling products that might be useful to you but that you probably didn't know you wanted. These immediate forebears...
Gum Ad Perfectly
May 5, 2021 12:53 PM CDT
Gum Ad Perfectly Encapsulates Your COVID Fatigue
Extra envisions epic post-pandemic makeout party
- There will be a lot of tonsil hockey in our post-pandemic future, according to an awesome new ad from Extra gum. Set to the tune of Celine Dion's "It's All Coming Back to Me Now," the ad, from Chicago agency Energy BBDO, begins with an announcement...
Combine Lifetime Channel
With KFC, and You Get This
Dec 8, 2020 11:30 AM CST
Combine Lifetime Channel With KFC, and You Get This
Mario Lopez stars as a man with 'a secret fried chicken recipe and a dream'
- Lifetime is known for churning out romantic movies. KFC is known for its finger-licking-good chicken. Combine the two and you have
A Recipe for Seduction
, an original Lifetime "mini movie" about a "steamy holiday love affair" between a heiress and a muscular Colonel Sanders, played by Mario Lopez....
Sep 13, 2020 5:00 PM CDT
Perfume Brand to Boyega: 'We Deeply Apologize'
Jo Malone removed him from a Chinese version of a cologne commercial
- British perfume brand Jo Malone has apologized to Black actor John Boyega of
fame after cutting him out of the Chinese version of a cologne commercial he helped create, the AP reports. Jo Malone London said in a statement to the
that the ad designed for...
This 9/11 Ad Aired Only Once
Sep 11, 2020 10:58 AM CDT
This 9/11 Ad Aired Only Once
Moving Budweiser commercial was broadcast during the 2002 Super Bowl and never since
- Some brands should completely stay away from trying to commemorate 9/11, but others have figured out how to appropriately, and movingly, mark that indelible moment. In Budweiser's case, it came up with what's been called "the best 9/11 commercial ever," and it's only officially aired...
New E-Bike Ad Made France
So Anxious It Was Banned
in case you missed it
Jul 11, 2020 7:00 AM CDT
New E-Bike Ad Made France So Anxious It Was Banned
Country's regulatory agency bans commercial for VanMoof's S3 for 'creating climate of anxiety'
- If you feel a little wound up while watching the latest commercial for a Dutch e-bicycle, France's advertising regulatory agency gets it. The 45-second ad for VanMoof's $2,000 S3 e-bike that debuted last month features scenes of bumper-to-bumper traffic, with images of car accidents and smokestacks spewing...
A 10-Second Volkswagen
Ad Spurs Outrage
May 20, 2020 11:35 AM CDT
A 10-Second Volkswagen Ad Spurs Outrage
Viewers found it racist in more ways than one
- Germany's Volkswagen has pulled a social media ad for a new car and apologized after an outcry over its racist overtones. The 10-second spot posted on Instagram and Twitter shows a massive white hand pushing a black man away from beside a new yellow Volkswagen Golf parked on the...
Is Victim of Very
Mar 13, 2020 1:25 PM CDT
KFC's Latest Ad Campaign Is Victim of Very Bad Timing
Fast-food chain pulls its 'Finger Lickin' Good' series amid coronavirus pandemic
- One of the first lines of defense against the novel coronavirus is hand-washing , which doesn't bode well for KFC's latest ad campaign. The Drum reports that upward of 160 complaints have been registered with the UK's Advertising Standards Authority over the fast-food chain's recently launched series...
Hallmark Channel CEO Steps
Down After a 'Black Eye'
Jan 23, 2020 7:18 AM CST
Hallmark Channel CEO Steps Down After a 'Black Eye'
Bill Abbott's move comes one month after Hallmark pulled then restored same-sex ads
- For nearly a dozen years, Bill Abbott has served as president and CEO of Hallmark Channel, which expanded its programming and enjoyed increased ratings and ad revenue during his tenure. So an announcement Wednesday from the channel's parent company that Abbott is resigning was somewhat surprising, per the
for Hubbub on
Dec 12, 2019 9:40 AM CST
Peloton Actress Places Blame for Hubbub on Her Face
Monica Ruiz says she may have spurred outrage because character's eyebrows looked 'worried'
- She starred in an ad for a stationary bike that ended up going viral—and now Monica Ruiz says she thinks she knows why. Ruiz, a mom of two, is the actress in the infamous Peloton commercial , in which she plays a thin, apparently affluent woman receiving one of the...
The 'Peloton' Fight
Is Far From Over
Dec 7, 2019 10:00 AM CST
The 'Peloton' Fight Is Far From Over
Actress Monica Ruiz is now in an Aviation Gin commercial
- The so-called "Peloton Girl" is back and apparently needs a good, stiff drink—or at least that's how she's portrayed in a new Aviation Gin commercial,
reports. It opens with the actress, Monica Ruiz, looking traumatized before she and two girlfriends toast "to new...
37 Years Later, a
2 of Our Favorite Stars
Nov 29, 2019 10:02 AM CST
37 Years Later, a Reunion Between 2 of Our Favorite Stars
Xfinity ad starring E.T. and Henry Thomas, aka Elliott, aired during Thanksgiving Day parade
- Some are calling it "heartwarming." . Others, like io9 , have a different take on the Xfinity ad that debuted during Thursday's Thanksgiving Day parade on NBC. "What you're looking at is [a] major corporation dipping into a considerable bag of tricks labeled 'Nostalgic Intellectual Property'...
Feb 15, 2019 8:09 AM CST
Hollywood A-Listers Revolt Against Oscars
Hundreds of big-name actors, directors, cinematographers slam Academy decision
- The backlash against the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences continues, and increasingly bigger names are joining the fray. After announcing that four awards would be bestowed during commercial breaks at the Feb. 24 Oscars, there was immediate pushback from those who said it was insulting to recipients in...
4 Oscars Will
During the Breaks.
Feb 12, 2019 1:47 PM CST
4 Oscars Will Be Awarded During the Breaks. There's Pushback
Not everyone happy that cinematography, film editing are being relegated to commercials
- In an attempt to streamline Oscars night, the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences is making a change it hopes will contain the show to three hours. Four major awards—film editing, cinematography, live action short, and makeup and hairstyling—will be announced during commercial breaks of the Feb....
Bud Light Super Bowl Ad
Delivers Epic Surprise
Feb 4, 2019 6:50 AM CST
Bud Light Super Bowl Ad Delivers Epic Surprise
Here are this year's most talked-about ads
- The ads provided some much-needed entertainment during the lowest-scoring Super Bowl in history —especially a Bud Light ad that took a very dark turn. The ad, set at a medieval jousting match, was "hijacked" by HBO's
Game of Thrones
to promote its final season, with the skull-crushing...
Is Back on TV—
for 43 Seconds
Jan 28, 2019 10:15 AM CST
Carrie Bradshaw Is Back on TV— for 43 Seconds
She's joined by 'The Dude'
- It's the day
Sex and the City
fans have dreamed of: Carrie Bradshaw is back on TV—albeit briefly, and thanks to the Super Bowl. Sarah Jessica Parker is co-starring in a 43-second ad for Stella Artois beer, and the character starring opposite her is pretty well-known, too: that...
'Terrifying' Doll Gets
Spotify Ad Banned
Oct 18, 2018 7:37 AM CDT
'Terrifying' Doll Gets Spotify Ad Banned
Even 'Havana' couldn't keep a UK watchdog group from banning it
- Spotify's latest ad features a catchy popular pop tune and "a medley of horror film tropes" in the lead-up to its final tagline, per NPR : "Killer songs you can't resist." But it's just that horror theme, along with what
calls a "terrifying...
Sep 24, 2018 10:50 AM CDT
Jim Gaffigan Sued After Daughter's Soccer Ball Hits Guy
They were filming a commercial at the time
- A Queens man working on a TV commercial shoot with Jim Gaffigan in 2016 says he was left unable to work after the comedian's daughter hit him in the head with a soccer ball. James Kent is now suing Gaffigan and others involved in the shoot for unspecified damages,...
KFC Ad Seen as Mocking
Jul 6, 2018 2:03 PM CDT
KFC Ad Seen as Mocking Neymar's Theatrics
Shows a soccer player rolling and rolling and rolling ...
- Neymar's histrionics on the soccer field have become legendary , but now they may also prove lucrative—at least for KFC South Africa, if its latest ad draws people into its restaurants.
reports on the chain's minute-long spot , which shows a soccer player flailing and rolling after he...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Detroit Radio Anchor Killed, His Family Injured, in Attack
Amended Autopsy Report: McClain Died Due to Ketamine
Elton John's WH Concert Ends With a Big Surprise
He Wanted to Be Taller. Agony, $75K Got Him There
Earth Isn't Ready for What We've Collected on Mars
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.