Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Her an Arrest
Nov 11, 2022 10:03 AM CST
Woman's Video of 'Delicious' Meal Earns Her an Arrest
Thai woman gleefully pulled wings off bat, scarfed it down
- A Thai woman who wanted to go viral got her wish, and now she's apparently in big legal trouble after showing herself eating a bat on camera. Phonchanok Srisunaklua, who has identified herself as a teacher, posted a clip Monday on her Facebook and TikTok pages showing her supping...
in case you missed it
Jan 22, 2022 1:20 PM CST
Pastor Warns Things 'Might Get Nasty.' They Did
Michael Todd of Tulsa's Transformation Church under fire for rubbing spit on man during sermon
- "One touch from God can bring clear vision" reads the caption accompanying the most recent upload from an Oklahoma church, showing "a very special Sunday" service that definitely got people buzzing about not God's touch, but its pastor's. The
notes that thousands of people...
Man's 3-Day Ear Clog
Has a Most Unpleasant Source
in case you missed it
Jan 16, 2022 3:42 PM CST
Man's 3-Day Ear Clog Has a Most Unpleasant Source
New Zealand's Zane Wedding had a cockroach in his ear
- A New Zealand man who thought his ear was clogged with water for three days found out the actual, more unpleasant truth after visiting a specialist on Monday: A cockroach had burrowed its way into his ear canal. CNN reports that Zane Wedding had started feeling like his ear was...
for Peeing on Fan
Nov 17, 2021 2:33 PM CST
Singer Apologizes for Peeing on Fan
Sophia Urista of Brass Against says she's not a shock artist
- If you assumed being amidst maskless fans would be the germiest part of going to a concert these days, you'd be wrong. The singer of the band Brass Against peed on a fan last Thursday during a Daytona, Florida, concert, and is now apologizing. The
New York Daily News
Beachgoers Find Out
What's Been Staining
Their Feet and Ew, No
in case you missed it
Jun 13, 2021 8:00 AM CDT
Beachgoers Find Out What's Been Staining Their Feet and Ew, No
Millions of dead bugs make up black mystery substance at Maine's Wells Beach, scientists say
- People who've recently visited Wells Beach in Maine have often gone home to find their feet stained black—and scientists say they've figured out the gross reason. State officials say it's millions of dead bugs, washed ashore to form a black, slimy substance that resembles tar. Local...
Goo Beetles Put on Carcasses
Does More Than Thought
Jan 18, 2021 1:48 PM CST
Goo Beetles Put on Carcasses Does More Than Thought
It slows the decay of the bird or mouse, but that's not all, study finds
- Some beetles go to great—and disgusting—lengths for their children. They scout for a dead mouse or bird, dig a hole and bury it, pluck its fur or feathers, roll its flesh into a ball and cover it in goop, all to feed their future offspring. Now scientists think...
Pour One Out
for the Inventor
of the 'Sourtoe'
Nov 16, 2019 8:15 AM CST
Pour One Out for the Inventor of the 'Sourtoe'
Capt. Dick Stevenson, who created popular cocktail with a toe floating in it, dies at 89
- "I'm pretty sure I'm the only daughter in history that has to, following my dad's will, make sure that his toes are removed and dried." Dixie Stevenson explains why to the CBC : Her late father, Capt. Dick Stevenson, would like his digits used in the...
Family's Basement Has Been
Filling With Blood for Weeks
Oct 17, 2019 11:18 AM CDT
Family's Basement Has Been Filling With Blood for Weeks
A downside to living next door to a meat locker
- If you're dealing with a basement water leak this fall, thank your lucky stars. As the
Des Moines Register
reports, an Iowa family has it much, much worse, having discovered "five inches of animal blood, fat, and tissue from a neighboring meat locker had seeped into the basement...
Literally Had Teeth
Oct 8, 2019 10:45 AM CDT
210-Foot-Long Fatberg Literally Had Teeth
Fake ones, but still
- Fatbergs are mostly made up of, you guessed it, fat. But the waste materials mixed in make each mass unique, and tell a lot about the people abusing a city's sewers. So say scientists from England's University of Exeter, who analyzed samples taken from a 210-foot-long fatberg discovered...
7 Middle Schoolers Charged
Over Semen-Laced Crepes
Sep 4, 2019 10:45 AM CDT
7 Middle Schoolers Charged Over Semen-Laced Crepes
Urine-tainted barbecue sauce was allegedly on the menu, too
- Eighth grade students in Ohio are facing charges after allegedly serving teachers crepes topped with semen and urine . The seven male students at Hyatts Middle School in Powell, all 14 years old, were charged Tuesday in Delaware County Juvenile Court following a three-month investigation. It began as video circulated showing...
to Hotel Bar
Jun 13, 2019 10:04 AM CDT
Man Donates Amputated Toe to Hotel Bar
It's another 'gross' garnish for the Sourtoe Cocktail
- Nick Griffiths is understandably sad to have lost the big toe of his left foot to frostbite in an extreme winter marathon in the Yukon last year. But it's not goodbye forever. Now recovering at home in Bolton, England, the ex-British commando has sent his amputated toe to the...
Police Investigating What Was
in Crepes Served to Teachers
May 21, 2019 11:58 AM CDT
Police Investigating What Was in Crepes Served to Teachers
Per student-made video, bodily fluids were allegedly included
- Students in a "Global Gourmet" class at Ohio's Olentangy Hyatts Middle School held a cooking competition last week, during which they served the teachers who were judging the contest crepes. Those crepes may have contained some decidedly less-than-gourmet ingredients: urine and semen, police say. A video purportedly made...
Courthouse Closes After Some
See Bedbugs Fall From Lawyer
Feb 5, 2019 3:49 PM CST
Courthouse Closes After Some See Bedbugs Fall From Lawyer
Exterminators were called to the Rogers County Courthouse in Oklahoma
- An alleged incident in Oklahoma gives new meaning to the saying, "Don't bring your problems to work." The Rogers County Courthouse in Claremore had to close around noon on Monday after some judges and employees saw what looked like bedbugs falling from an attorney's clothing some...
UK Town Finds Fatberg, Tells
Locals 'Put Pipes on a Diet'
Jan 8, 2019 9:14 AM CST
UK Town Finds Fatberg, Tells Locals 'Put Pipes on a Diet'
Sidmouth sewer authority says 'don't feed the fatberg'
- Officials say a giant "fatberg" —a mass of hardened fat, oil, and baby wipes measuring 210 feet long—has been found blocking a sewer in a southwestern English town. Andrew Roantree, of South West Water, says it will "take our sewer team around eight weeks to dissect...
Meat Plant Worker
in Really Gross Act
Oct 18, 2018 1:21 PM CDT
Video Captures Meat Plant Worker in Really Gross Act
Smithfield worker allegedly peed on the production line
- A Smithfield Foods employee has been suspended and 50,000 pounds of meat have been tossed in the garbage after surveillance video appeared to show the worker urinating on the production line at the Smithfield, Va., packaging plant. The employee can be seen removing his gloves, apparently peeing while leaning...
Cops: Cookies With
Human Remains Possibly
Doled Out at School
Oct 17, 2018 7:20 AM CDT
Cops: Cookies With Human Remains Possibly Doled Out at School
The treats may have contained the ashes of a California student's grandparent
- It's Halloween season, meaning candy corn, Mallomars, pumpkin spice everything, and ... cookies with human remains? That's the snack that at least one California student reportedly brought to Da Vinci Charter Academy High School in Davis, per the
San Francisco Chronicle
, containing the not-appetizing ingredient of a grandparent's...
Lump on Woman's Face Turns
Out to Have Living Thing Inside
Jun 20, 2018 5:30 PM CDT
Lump on Woman's Face Turns Out to Have Living Thing Inside
Well, this is disturbing
- A Russian woman who watched perplexed as a lump appeared on her face and then moved from one place to the next discovered the lump was alive. Specifically, the woman had a parasitic worm, whose movement she tracked in selfies. Per LiveScience , the woman first photographed the lump below her...
Vegan Reacts to Eating Bugs
for a Week: 'I Wish I Was Dead'
May 2, 2018 3:09 PM CDT
Vegan Reacts to Eating Bugs for a Week: 'I Wish I Was Dead'
Vegan who admits she's 'deathly afraid' of insects wanted to see if it was a sustainable diet
- A 2013 UN paper extolling the environmental virtues of eating insects for protein, as well as her own curiosity, spurred Angela Skujins to wonder what it would be like if she partook in the practice of entomophagy and adopted a steady diet of creepy-crawly critters. In brief, her seven-day experiment...
Rubber Ducky, You're
the (Really Gross) One
Mar 28, 2018 9:30 AM CDT
Rubber Ducky, You're the (Really Gross) One
New study finds that yellow hallmark of childhood is a bastion of bacteria
- Scientists now have the dirt on the rubber ducky: Those cute yellow bath toys are—as some parents have long suspected—a haven for nasty bugs, reports the AP . Swiss and American researchers counted microbes inside the toys and say the murky liquid released when ducks were squeezed contained "...
'Beast Finally Defeated:'
London's Fatberg Is No More
Nov 6, 2017 8:07 AM CST
'Beast Finally Defeated:' London's Fatberg Is No More
A 140-ton fatberg is gone from the city's sewer
- It was longer than two football fields, weighed as much as nearly a dozen double-decker buses , and took nine weeks to annihilate—but the London fatberg is officially no more. "Our work is finished, and the beast finally defeated after a mammoth effort from the team," says Alex...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Brittney Griner Freed by Russia, but at a 'Heavy Price'
Man Who Stood Up Wife at Airport Found 10 Years Later
Restaurant Axed Reservation After Staff Looked Up Group
Palace 'Might Be Relieved' by Harry & Meghan Series
Release May Be a Reward for Viktor Bout Keeping 'His Cool'
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.