Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
On the Day the Rats Arrived,
He Filled 18 Bags With Bodies
in case you missed it
Dec 3, 2023 7:00 AM CST
On the Day the Rats Arrived, He Filled 18 Bags With Bodies
An Australian town is suffering from a plague of long-haired rats
- "It is still livable," says a local official, but after reading about the situation in the Australian town of Karumba, you might disagree. It, along with other towns in Western Queensland, is suffering from an invasion of long-haired rats. NPR reports that healthy rainfall led to a boom...
Viral Video May Have Repelled
Fans of This Beer for Good
Oct 23, 2023 7:54 AM CDT
Viral Video May Have Repelled Fans of This Beer for Good
Clip online seems to show worker peeing in ingredients container at Tsingtao plant in China
- While we probably don't want to know every single ingredient that goes into our beverages, that may be especially true for drinkers of China's Tsingtao beer. The
South China Morning Post
reports that a video has gone viral showing what appears to be a worker urinating into a...
Passenger After Puke Incident:
'I Am Ashamed to Be Canadian'
Sep 6, 2023 2:21 PM CDT
Passenger After Puke Incident: 'I Am Ashamed to Be Canadian'
Air Canada takes heat for booting 2 passengers who refused to sit in vomit-covered seats
- Two passengers booked for a flight from Vegas to Montreal last month were escorted off the plane before takeoff, all because they wouldn't sit in their puke-soaked seats. The AP reports that the incident took place Aug. 26 on an Air Canada plane, on which Susan Benson was also...
Flight Turns Around
After Ill Passenger
Sep 6, 2023 12:30 AM CDT
Flight Turns Around After Ill Passenger Triggers 'Biohazard'
Plane did a U-turn 2 hours into flight
- A Delta Air Lines flight was two hours into its planned eight-hour journey Friday when it had to do a U-turn, apparently for a very unpleasant reason. After departing Atlanta en route to Spain, an audio transmission between pilots and air traffic controllers that was posted to X indicates that...
In First, Doc Pulls
Live Worm From
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
Sep 2, 2023 6:30 AM CDT
In First, Doc Pulls Live Worm From Human Brain
Australian neurosurgeon was as grossed out as you are
- The call went out to Dr. Sanjaya Senanayake, an infectious diseases physician at Canberra Hospital in Australia, from a neurosurgeon who'd just performed brain surgery. "Oh, my god, you wouldn't believe what I just found in this lady's brain," Dr. Hari Priya Bandi said, according...
Aug 28, 2023 12:20 PM CDT
After Muddy Endurance Race, a 'Disgusting' Development
More than 100 participants say they got bacterial infections after Tough Mudder event in California
- At the end of the Tough Mudder obstacle races held worldwide, participants are usually treated to a turkey leg, a cold beer, and the satisfaction of having completed a difficult task. In one such event in California's Sonoma County earlier this month, however, more than 100 participants say they...
A Section of Nevada Is
Basically Just Gross Right Now
Jun 19, 2023 12:05 PM CDT
A Section of Nevada Is Basically Just Gross Right Now
Thanks to the invasion of foul-smelling Mormon crickets
- Elko, Nevada, is home to about 20,000 people—and, currently, millions of Mormon crickets. It's a migratory population so overwhelming that Department of Transportation crews have been using plows to clear the roads of the insects' squashed bodies. A DOT tweet last week had photos of the guts-slicked...
Her an Arrest
Nov 11, 2022 10:03 AM CST
Woman's Video of 'Delicious' Meal Earns Her an Arrest
Thai woman gleefully pulled wings off bat, scarfed it down
- A Thai woman who wanted to go viral got her wish, and now she's apparently in big legal trouble after showing herself eating a bat on camera. Phonchanok Srisunaklua, who has identified herself as a teacher, posted a clip Monday on her Facebook and TikTok pages showing her supping...
in case you missed it
Jan 22, 2022 1:20 PM CST
Pastor Warns Things 'Might Get Nasty.' They Did
Michael Todd of Tulsa's Transformation Church under fire for rubbing spit on man during sermon
- "One touch from God can bring clear vision" reads the caption accompanying the most recent upload from an Oklahoma church, showing "a very special Sunday" service that definitely got people buzzing about not God's touch, but its pastor's. The
notes that thousands of people...
Man's 3-Day Ear Clog
Has a Most Unpleasant Source
in case you missed it
Jan 16, 2022 3:42 PM CST
Man's 3-Day Ear Clog Has a Most Unpleasant Source
New Zealand's Zane Wedding had a cockroach in his ear
- A New Zealand man who thought his ear was clogged with water for three days found out the actual, more unpleasant truth after visiting a specialist on Monday: A cockroach had burrowed its way into his ear canal. CNN reports that Zane Wedding had started feeling like his ear was...
for Peeing on Fan
Nov 17, 2021 2:33 PM CST
Singer Apologizes for Peeing on Fan
Sophia Urista of Brass Against says she's not a shock artist
- If you assumed being amidst maskless fans would be the germiest part of going to a concert these days, you'd be wrong. The singer of the band Brass Against peed on a fan last Thursday during a Daytona, Florida, concert, and is now apologizing. The
New York Daily News
Beachgoers Find Out
What's Been Staining
Their Feet and Ew, No
in case you missed it
Jun 13, 2021 8:00 AM CDT
Beachgoers Find Out What's Been Staining Their Feet and Ew, No
Millions of dead bugs make up black mystery substance at Maine's Wells Beach, scientists say
- People who've recently visited Wells Beach in Maine have often gone home to find their feet stained black—and scientists say they've figured out the gross reason. State officials say it's millions of dead bugs, washed ashore to form a black, slimy substance that resembles tar. Local...
Goo Beetles Put on Carcasses
Does More Than Thought
Jan 18, 2021 1:48 PM CST
Goo Beetles Put on Carcasses Does More Than Thought
It slows the decay of the bird or mouse, but that's not all, study finds
- Some beetles go to great—and disgusting—lengths for their children. They scout for a dead mouse or bird, dig a hole and bury it, pluck its fur or feathers, roll its flesh into a ball and cover it in goop, all to feed their future offspring. Now scientists think...
Pour One Out
for the Inventor
of the 'Sourtoe'
Nov 16, 2019 8:15 AM CST
Pour One Out for the Inventor of the 'Sourtoe'
Capt. Dick Stevenson, who created popular cocktail with a toe floating in it, dies at 89
- "I'm pretty sure I'm the only daughter in history that has to, following my dad's will, make sure that his toes are removed and dried." Dixie Stevenson explains why to the CBC : Her late father, Capt. Dick Stevenson, would like his digits used in the...
Family's Basement Has Been
Filling With Blood for Weeks
Oct 17, 2019 11:18 AM CDT
Family's Basement Has Been Filling With Blood for Weeks
A downside to living next door to a meat locker
- If you're dealing with a basement water leak this fall, thank your lucky stars. As the
Des Moines Register
reports, an Iowa family has it much, much worse, having discovered "five inches of animal blood, fat, and tissue from a neighboring meat locker had seeped into the basement...
Literally Had Teeth
Oct 8, 2019 10:45 AM CDT
210-Foot-Long Fatberg Literally Had Teeth
Fake ones, but still
- Fatbergs are mostly made up of, you guessed it, fat. But the waste materials mixed in make each mass unique, and tell a lot about the people abusing a city's sewers. So say scientists from England's University of Exeter, who analyzed samples taken from a 210-foot-long fatberg discovered...
7 Middle Schoolers Charged
Over Semen-Laced Crepes
Sep 4, 2019 10:45 AM CDT
7 Middle Schoolers Charged Over Semen-Laced Crepes
Urine-tainted barbecue sauce was allegedly on the menu, too
- Eighth grade students in Ohio are facing charges after allegedly serving teachers crepes topped with semen and urine . The seven male students at Hyatts Middle School in Powell, all 14 years old, were charged Tuesday in Delaware County Juvenile Court following a three-month investigation. It began as video circulated showing...
to Hotel Bar
Jun 13, 2019 10:04 AM CDT
Man Donates Amputated Toe to Hotel Bar
It's another 'gross' garnish for the Sourtoe Cocktail
- Nick Griffiths is understandably sad to have lost the big toe of his left foot to frostbite in an extreme winter marathon in the Yukon last year. But it's not goodbye forever. Now recovering at home in Bolton, England, the ex-British commando has sent his amputated toe to the...
Police Investigating What Was
in Crepes Served to Teachers
May 21, 2019 11:58 AM CDT
Police Investigating What Was in Crepes Served to Teachers
Per student-made video, bodily fluids were allegedly included
- Students in a "Global Gourmet" class at Ohio's Olentangy Hyatts Middle School held a cooking competition last week, during which they served the teachers who were judging the contest crepes. Those crepes may have contained some decidedly less-than-gourmet ingredients: urine and semen, police say. A video purportedly made...
Courthouse Closes After Some
See Bedbugs Fall From Lawyer
Feb 5, 2019 3:49 PM CST
Courthouse Closes After Some See Bedbugs Fall From Lawyer
Exterminators were called to the Rogers County Courthouse in Oklahoma
- An alleged incident in Oklahoma gives new meaning to the saying, "Don't bring your problems to work." The Rogers County Courthouse in Claremore had to close around noon on Monday after some judges and employees saw what looked like bedbugs falling from an attorney's clothing some...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
From Sleeper Hit to 'Generational Anthem'
How the Most Precious Color on Earth Vanished
He Killed Parents, Classmates. His Sister Tells Her Story
She Is One of Only Eight in the World
Odd Hack for Panic Attacks Goes Viral on TikTok
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.