Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
International Space Station
Stories 21 - 40 |
to Receive a
Jun 3, 2021 8:11 AM CDT
Space Station to Receive a Whole Lot of Squid
Astronauts hope to learn survival tactics from 128 baby squid, 5K tardigrades
- A cargo resupply mission to the International Space Station, scheduled for Thursday, will see astronauts enjoy apples, avocado, and other fresh food—not including the 128 baby squid along for the ride on SpaceX's Dragon, launched by the Falcon 9 rocket . These glow-in-the-dark baby bobtail squid will become part...
Russia Apparently Aims
to Beat Tom Cruise to Space
May 14, 2021 10:11 AM CDT
Russia Apparently Aims to Beat Tom Cruise to Space
Yulia Peresild, actor-director Klim Shipenko to set off for ISS on Oct. 5
- Russia is saying not so fast to the plan to have Tom Cruise star in the first narrative action movie filmed in space . In what the
is calling "space race 2," a Russian actor and director will set out for the International Space Station in early October,...
This $10K Wine
Could Sell for $1M
May 4, 2021 1:30 PM CDT
This $10K Wine Could Sell for $1M
Because bottle of French wine spent 14 months on the International Space Station
- The wine is out of this world. The price is appropriately stratospheric. Christie’s said Tuesday it is selling a bottle of French wine that spent more than a year in orbit aboard the International Space Station. The auction house thinks a wine connoisseur might pay as much as $1...
SpaceX Crew Makes
Safe, Rare Splashdown
May 2, 2021 10:00 AM CDT
SpaceX Crew Makes Safe, Rare Splashdown
4 astronauts are back after record-setting stay at International Space Station
- A four-member SpaceX crew returning from the International Space Station made a piloted landing in the Gulf of Mexico early Sunday, the first such nighttime landing in almost 54 years. After the gentle water landing just before 3am, aided by four parachutes, the Resilience capsule was lifted onto a recovery...
Elon Musk Adding Something
Unexpected to Resume
Apr 25, 2021 8:45 AM CDT
Elon Musk Adding Something Unexpected to Resume
Billionaire will host SNL
- Elon Musk is again doing something unlikely for one of the world's richest people : hosting Saturday Night Live. As the AP notes, it's not a typical choice for the sketch comedy show, either. But the timing may be just right for the self-anointed "Technoking" of Tesla, whose...
ISS Now Has Highest
Population in a Decade
Apr 24, 2021 10:00 AM CDT
ISS Now Has Highest Population in a Decade
SpaceX arrival brings number of astronauts to 11
- The International Space Station's population swelled to 11 on Saturday with the jubilant arrival of SpaceX's third crew capsule in less than a year. It's the biggest crowd up there in more than a decade. All of the astronauts—representing the US, Russia, Japan, and France—managed...
Russia Plans to Build
Its Own Space Station
Apr 22, 2021 7:20 AM CDT
Russia Plans to Build Its Own Space Station
If all goes well, nation would ditch ISS by 2025, have its own version by 2030
- Relations on Earth between Russia and the West are strained at the moment, with the country mired in controversy over the health status of dissident Alexei Navalny and the buildup of Russian forces at the Ukraine border. Now, there could soon be a distancing in outer space, too: The head...
Space Station Rids
Itself of 2.9 Tons of Trash
Mar 17, 2021 11:21 AM CDT
Space Station Rids Itself of 2.9 Tons of Trash
A pallet of used batteries will fall to Earth ... eventually
- Last Thursday was apparently garbage day at the International Space Station, which rid itself of a 2.9-ton pallet of used nickel-hydrogen batteries. It's the biggest mass of space junk the ISS has unleashed, and NASA wrote that the pallet is "safely moving away from the station and...
Astronauts Deal With
Mar 13, 2021 3:40 PM CST
Astronauts Deal With Toxic Ammonia
Mission Control feared cabin could become contaminated during spacewalk
- Spacewalking astronauts had to take extra safety precautions Saturday after possibly getting toxic ammonia on their suits from the International Space Station's external cooling system. Victor Glover and Mike Hopkins had no trouble removing and venting a couple of old jumper cables to remove any ammonia still lingering in...
Astronauts Will Have 'Ultimate
Nosebleed Seats' for Big Game
Feb 7, 2021 2:33 PM CST
Astronauts Will Have 'Ultimate Nosebleed Seats' for Big Game
The space station will pass over Raymond James Stadium during the Super Bowl
- The International Space Station will pass over Tampa's Raymond James Stadium on Sunday evening as the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Kansas City Chiefs face off for Super Bowl LV. If the weather is clear, the seven astronauts aboard the station will be able to glimpse the stadium, per Space...
First Private Space Station
Crew Will Pay $55M Each
Jan 26, 2021 5:18 PM CST
First Private Space Station Crew Will Pay $55M Each
First private flight to ISS will launch next year
- The first private space station crew was introduced Tuesday: Three men who are each paying $55 million to fly on a SpaceX rocket. They'll be led by a former NASA astronaut now working for Axiom Space, the Houston company that arranged the trip for next January. "This is...
Some of Scotty's Ashes Were
Smuggled Aboard the ISS
Dec 28, 2020 3:30 AM CST
Some of Scotty's Ashes Were Smuggled Aboard the ISS
Story of James Doohan's final resting place kept secret until now
's beloved Scotty was beamed up to his final resting place back in 2008, though the story wasn't made public until now. As Richard Garriott explains to the
of London, he smuggled some of actor James Doohan's ashes when he became one of the first...
to Space Station
Dec 6, 2020 12:35 PM CST
SpaceX Sends Another Dragon to Space Station
Supplies include research materials and Christmas dinner
- SpaceX launched a newer, bigger version of its Dragon supply ship to the International Space Station on Sunday, marking the first time the company has two capsules in orbit at the same time, the AP reports. The Dragon—packed with Christmas treats and presents—should reach the space station on...
SpaceX Capsule Reaches ISS
Nov 17, 2020 12:03 AM CST
SpaceX Capsule Reaches ISS
Historic first such 'taxi' ride is complete
- SpaceX’s newly launched capsule with four astronauts arrived Monday at the International Space Station, their new home until spring. The Dragon capsule pulled up and docked late Monday night, following a 27-hour, completely automated flight from NASA's Kennedy Space Center, the AP reports. The linkup occurred 262 miles...
A Historic First
for SpaceX, NASA
Nov 16, 2020 1:03 AM CST
A Historic First for SpaceX, NASA
Four astronauts are due to reach International Space Station Monday
- SpaceX launched four astronauts to the International Space Station on Sunday on the first full-fledged taxi flight for NASA by a private company . The Falcon rocket thundered into the night from Kennedy Space Center in Cape Canaveral with three Americans and one Japanese national, the second crew to be launched...
to Die by Fire
in case you missed it
Nov 7, 2020 2:30 PM CST
The ISS Is Doomed to Die by Fire
A look at how the International Space Station could come to its end
- Monday marked two decades of humans occupying the International Space Station, but whether it'll make it to the end of its third decade remains unclear. Space.com explains that to stay in orbit, the ISS relies on fuel injections from the cargo ships that visit it. Such visits have...
ISS Astronauts Return to Earth,
Under New COVID Conditions
Oct 22, 2020 7:06 AM CDT
ISS Astronauts Return to Earth, Under New COVID Conditions
Welcome home to American Chris Cassidy, Russians Anatoly Ivanishin, Ivan Vagner
- A trio of space travelers safely returned to Earth on Thursday after a six-month mission on the International Space Station. The Soyuz MS-16 capsule carrying NASA astronaut Chris Cassidy and Roscosmos' Anatoly Ivanishin and Ivan Vagner landed on the steppes of Kazakhstan southeast of the town of Dzhezkazgan at 7:...
the End of an Era
Oct 14, 2020 9:20 AM CDT
With Blastoff, the End of an Era
US astronauts no longer need Roscosmos to get to ISS
- NASA astronaut Kate Rubins boarded a Russian Soyuz rocket for the fastest ever trip to the International Space Station on Wednesday, her 42nd birthday, which also marked what NBC News calls "the end of an era." It was the last time NASA paid for one of its astronauts...
Supply Run to Space Station
Will Have 2 Unusual Items
Sep 28, 2020 1:21 PM CDT
Supply Run to Space Station Will Have 2 Unusual Items
A $23M toilet and a skincare formula for a product shoot in space
- A Northrop Grumman rocket is scheduled to blast off Tuesday from Virginia to deliver all kinds of new supplies and equipment to the International Space Station, and two items in particular were drawing some attention:
Estee Lauder is paying $128,000 to send up its latest skin care
Form of Matter
Is Created in Space
Jun 20, 2020 2:00 PM CDT
Strange 'Fifth' Form of Matter Is Created in Space
Scientists probe quantum physics on the International Space Station
- Strange things are happening inside a box on the International Space Station. Physicists are using the box—called the Cold Atom Lab—to generate a quantum state of matter that could help unlock a few secrets of the universe, LiveScience reports. Called Bose-Einstein condensates (BECs), the matter is basically a...
Stories 21 - 40 |
Popular on Newser
Two Words in Roberts' Ruling Signal a Big Fight
Howard Stern Selects His Presidential Running Mate
Kaitlin Armstrong Was Trying to Build New Life in Costa Rica
Allegations of Witness Tampering Gain Traction
In Clarence Thomas Opinion, Line About COVID Vaccine, Cells From 'Aborted Children'
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.