Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
All the Uvalde Victims Were in One 4th-Grade Classroom
Stories 1 - 20 |
Anthony Weiner Expects
'Tough Questions' on New Show
Feb 11, 2022 9:20 AM CST
Anthony Weiner Expects 'Tough Questions' on New Show
He's co-hosting a New York City radio show with Guardian Angels founder Curtis Sliwa
- A new radio show titled "The Left vs. The Right" has a surprising name representing the left side of things: convicted sex offender and former Democratic US Rep. Anthony Weiner. He will co-host the show about local New York City issues with the Republican founder of the Guardian Angels,...
Said, 'It's True'
Oct 19, 2021 3:40 AM CDT
Huma Abedin Recalls the Moment Weiner Said, 'It's True'
'I sent the picture,' her husband told her
- Huma Abedin's memoir will be released Nov. 2, and in an excerpt from
Both/And: A Life in Many Worlds
, the former Hillary Clinton staffer and ex-wife of disgraced former New York congressman Anthony Weiner recalls the moment when, as she writes, "life as I knew...
Anthony Weiner Has
Ideas About 'Cashing In'
Jun 7, 2021 11:55 AM CDT
Anthony Weiner Has Ideas About 'Cashing In'
Disgraced politician may sell some NFT mementoes from his downfall
New York Times
columnist Ben Smith catches with up Anthony Weiner to get the very-much-former politician's take on the New York City mayoral race. And while Weiner has advice for the candidates (enough with the talk of the city's grim future, for example), the more interesting part...
In Interview, Anthony Weiner
Addresses Political Past, Future
Oct 20, 2020 11:32 AM CDT
In Interview, Anthony Weiner Addresses Political Past, Future
Former NY congressman says he's bounced back from his 'worst moments'
- At a rally in Arizona Monday, President Trump pushed a negative narrative about Hunter Biden, comparing allegations about contents supposedly found on Biden's laptop to the 2016 controversy involving former Rep. Anthony Weiner, who was caught sexting with a teen girl , as well as with emails on his laptop...
Even OJ Is Piling On
Jeffrey Toobin After Gaffe
Oct 20, 2020 7:44 AM CDT
Even OJ Is Piling On Jeffrey Toobin After Gaffe
Legal analyst on hiatus after his way-too-personal mistake on Zoom call
- Jeffrey Toobin's cringe-inducing gaffe is causing quite a stir. Motherboard was the first to report the unfortunate news that the
writer and CNN analyst began masturbating during a break in a Zoom work call with his magazine colleagues. Toobin has apologized for what he calls his "...
'It's Good to Be Out'
May 14, 2019 7:50 AM CDT
Anthony Weiner: 'It's Good to Be Out'
Former congressman leaves Bronx halfway house a free man
- Good behavior cut the last part of Anthony Weiner's prison sentence by three months, and early Tuesday, the ex-Democratic congressman finally walked out of a Bronx halfway house for good. "It's good to be out," Weiner said, per the
New York Post
. "I'm glad...
Apr 5, 2019 4:21 PM CDT
Anthony Weiner Has Unwanted New Title
He is officially a sex offender in New York state
- Anthony Weiner won't be able to shake the designation of sex offender until he's 74. The disgraced former congressman has been designated a Level 1 offender in the eyes of New York state and must register as such, reports CNN . Level 1 is actually the lowest of the...
Gets Out of Jail
Feb 17, 2019 11:09 AM CST
Anthony Weiner Gets Out of Jail
Ex-congressman likely in a halfway house or home confinement, will have to register as sex offender
- Carlos Danger isn't quite a free man, but he's a step closer: TMZ reports that Anthony Weiner has been released from federal prison in Massachusetts, where he's been held since November 2017 after being convicted of sexting a 15-year-old girl. The former congressman is now in pre-release...
Oct 8, 2018 7:10 PM CDT
Anthony Weiner Eyes Shorter Prison Time
The ex-Congress member has been behaving well behind bars
- Seems Anthony Weiner has been a good boy—for the first time in a while. The former Congress member is having his 21-month sentence for sexting with an underage girl reduced due to good conduct, the
New York Post
reports. The Federal Bureau of Prisons says Weiner's time at...
Days After Leaving FBI,
More on Probe Into McCabe
Jan 31, 2018 9:00 AM CST
Days After Leaving FBI, More on Probe Into McCabe
Sources say DOJ is looking into possible Andrew McCabe stall on emails tied to Clinton
- FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe left the FBI earlier this week, but it looks like he'll still be on the DOJ's radar for a while. Sources tell the
the agency's former No. 2 has been the subject of a months-long probe by DOJ Inspector General...
Huma Abedin, Anthony Weiner
to Settle Divorce Out of Court
Jan 10, 2018 4:29 PM CST
Huma Abedin, Anthony Weiner to Settle Divorce Out of Court
They want to 'reduce any impact of these proceedings on their child'
- There won't be any hot gossip coming out of the Huma Abedin-Anthony Weiner divorce proceedings—because, as the
New York Daily News
reports, the former couple has agreed to finalize the divorce out of court. “In order to reduce any impact of these proceedings on their child, the...
Nov 6, 2017 12:25 PM CST
Anthony Weiner's Prison Time Begins
Former congressman reports for 21-month stint
- Anthony Weiner's 21-month prison sentence has begun. The former congressman reported to Federal Medical Center in Devens, Mass., Monday morning, ABC 7 reports. Weiner asked at his sentencing to be allowed to continue treatment for sex addiction, and Devens is one of nine federal prisons offering the treatment, the...
Must Report to
Prison by Monday
Nov 4, 2017 12:34 PM CDT
Anthony Weiner Must Report to Prison by Monday
He was sentenced to up to 27 months after pleading guilty to sexting a 15-year-old
- Anthony Weiner must report to prison by Monday, ABC News reports. The 53-year-old former congressman was sentenced to 21 to 27 months in prison after pleading guilty in May to sexting a 15-year-old girl. At the time, he told a judge that he has been "a very sick man...
Weiner Going to Prison
Over Sexting Scandal
Sep 25, 2017 9:47 AM CDT
Weiner Going to Prison Over Sexting Scandal
Fallen politician sentenced to 21 months
- Anthony Weiner is no longer merely a disgraced politician. Soon, he'll be an inmate. A judge on Monday sentenced the former congressman to 21 months in prison for sending explicit texts to a 15-year-old girl in North Carolina, reports the AP . Weiner's attorneys had argued for probation, saying...
Weiner Should Do
Prison Time for
Teen Sex Crime
Sep 20, 2017 4:31 PM CDT
Government: Weiner Should Do Prison Time for Teen Sex Crime
Prosecutors say 2 years is the deserved sentence
- Former US Rep. Anthony Weiner is more than a serial digital philanderer—he's a danger to the public who deserves two years in prison for encouraging a 15-year-old girl to engage in online sex acts, prosecutors told a judge Wednesday. The AP reports a Manhattan judge is scheduled to...
Lawyers: Weiner's Teen Sexting
Victim Wanted to Sway Election
Sep 14, 2017 8:53 AM CDT
Lawyers: Weiner's Teen Sexting Victim Wanted to Sway Election
Though ex-congressman's attorneys also referenced his own 'operatic self-destruction'
- Disgraced ex-New York congressman Anthony Weiner is no predator and should be spared prison at his sentencing for sexting with a North Carolina teen who dreamed of affecting the US presidential election, his lawyers told a judge on Wednesday. Per the AP , the submission in Manhattan federal court referenced "...
Weiner Cries in Court
as He Pleads Guilty
May 19, 2017 2:53 PM CDT
Weiner Cries in Court as He Pleads Guilty
'I have a sickness, but I do not have an excuse'
- Anthony Weiner has an unfortunate new title to go with "disgraced congressman." From now on, he'll also be a registered sex offender. Weiner appeared in federal court on Friday and pleaded guilty to a charge of transmitting sexual material to a minor, reports the
New York Daily
Weiner to Plead Guilty
in Teen Sexting Case
May 19, 2017 8:31 AM CDT
Weiner to Plead Guilty in Teen Sexting Case
He could end up a registered sex offender
- Anthony Weiner is headed to federal court Friday morning, and it's possible the trip could result in him becoming a registered sex offender. The
New York Times
reports that Weiner is expected to plead guilty to one charge of transferring obscene material to a minor. The plea stems from...
Comey May Have Messed Up
His Testimony on Huma Abedin
May 9, 2017 8:03 AM CDT
Comey May Have Messed Up His Testimony on Huma Abedin
ProPublica: FBI chief overstated things on her forwarding of Clinton emails
- FBI chief James Comey went before Congress last week and made the remarkable assertion that Hillary Clinton aide Huma Abedin regularly forwarded Clinton emails, some of them classified, to husband Anthony Weiner so he could print them out. "Hundreds and thousands," he testified. Not so much, reports ProPublica...
Comey: Huma Forwarded
Classified Emails to Weiner
May 3, 2017 3:46 PM CDT
Comey: Huma Forwarded Classified Emails to Weiner
So he could print them out for her to present to Hillary Clinton
- A day after Hillary Clinton blamed him in part for her election loss, FBI chief James Comey acknowledged to Congress that she might have a point: "It makes me mildly nauseous to think we might have had some impact on the election." But Comey defended his decision to...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Woman Accuses Pastor in Front of His Church
19 Elementary School Students, 2 Adults Dead in Texas Shooting
We Haven't Seen This on the Birth Front for 7 Years
One Fell Off the Cliff. The Other 3 Followed
Woody Harrelson Movie Gets 8-Minute Ovation at Cannes
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.