Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
The Coronavirus Pandemic
Confirmed US cases: 3,140,938+ »
Read our complete coverage here »
Donald Trump tweets
Stories 1 - 20 |
Trump Doubles Down on Base Renaming With New Threat
'I will Veto' $740B annual defense bill if Elizabeth Warren-proposed amendment is included
- An amendment to the National Defense Authorization Act regarding the renaming of US military bases paying tribute to Confederate leaders has already been approved in a voice vote by the Senate's Armed Services Committee. But President Trump has just made clear he doesn't intend to let it get...
Trump Tweet Set Off Mad Scramble Among Aides
Retweet of 'white power' video caused a ruckus, but he had left for golf course
- President Trump set off a firestorm Sunday morning when he retweeted a video (watch it here , but note language) of a Trump supporter shouting "white power" to counterprotesters in a Florida retirement community. The tweet came down about three hours later, and the White House said Trump hadn't...
Trump Wades Into Race Debate With Tweeted Videos
They show assaults by black men on white victims, and he asks, 'Where are the protesters?'
- President Trump retweeted a pair of videos Tuesday showing assaults by African American men on white victims. "Looks what's going on here," he wrote on one, which shows an assault on an employee inside a Macy's store in Flint, Mich., per Yahoo News . "Where are...
Trump Not Happy About New 'Autonomous Zone' in Seattle
Protesters have taken over Capitol Hill area; president wants officials to 'take back your city'
- "THIS SPACE IS NOW PROPERTY OF THE SEATTLE PEOPLE." So read a banner draped Tuesday on the city's East Precinct police station, part of what the
reports is a newly installed "protest society" called the Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone, or CHAZ. Most notable about...
Trump Suggests 'Set Up' Involving Buffalo Protester
President implies, sans evidence, Martin Gugino is antifa actor who faked fall; Gugino is still in hospital
- President Trump is pushing a conspiracy theory that claims the elderly Buffalo protester who remains in the hospital after he was allegedly assaulted by two police officers faked his fall. "Could be an ANTIFA provocateur," Trump wrote in a Tuesday tweet . Trump, offering no evidence, said 75-year-old Martin...
Trump Responds to Mattis' Scathing Rebuke
President calls his ex-defense secretary 'overrated'
- James Mattis pulled no punches Wednesday in a statement blasting President Trump for his response to the George Floyd protests, calling Trump "the first president in my lifetime who does not try to unite the American people." Trump fired back at his ex-defense secretary later that evening, per...
This Account Tweeted Trump's Own Words. It Got Suspended
It took less than 72 hours for @SuspendThePres to get shut down, albeit temporarily
- Twitter has been trying to get a handle on President Trump's tweets, fact-checking some and slapping a shield over another for "glorifying violence." But as
notes, the platform won't suspend the president's account, a non-move that's drawn criticism from many who say...
After Weekend of Protest Arrests, a Trump Accusation on Biden
President's allegations appear linked to staffers' donations to group paying bail fees
- After a tumultuous weekend of protests across America over the death of George Floyd , police departments nationwide reported multiple arrests . On Monday morning, President Trump made an allegation against his presumptive challenger in November on those people behind bars. "Biden's people are so Radical Left that they are...
Trump Acknowledges 100K COVID Deaths
President takes note of 'sad milestone' in US
- The confirmed US death toll from COVID-19 reached 100,000 on Wednesday, and President Trump took notice of the stat on Thursday: "We have just reached a very sad milestone with the coronavirus pandemic deaths reaching 100,000," Trump tweeted . "To all of the families & friends...
Widower of Scarborough Aide Asks Twitter to Act on Trump
Timothy Klausutis wants president's murder conspiracy tweets deleted
- The widower of a former congressional staffer of Joe Scarborough has gone directly to Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey with a plea: Delete President Trump's conspiracy theories suggesting that Scarborough killed his wife. Trump has been pushing the idea hard of late that Scarborough, now at MSNBC, played a role...
Jeff Sessions Pushes Back at New Fiery Trump Tweet
'Your personal feelings don't dictate who Alabama picks as their senator, the people of Alabama do'
- They're at it again. The longtime battle between President Trump and his former attorney general, Jeff Sessions, continues this week as the latter keeps up his run for a US Senate seat out of Alabama, while the former carries on his attack. Trump has already thrown his support behind...
In 3 Tweets, Trump Responds to Whistleblower on
President isn't happy with 'disgruntled' Rick Bright, or with '60 Minutes' for airing Bright interview
- Vaccine expert Rick Bright, the former head of the Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority who was ousted by the Trump administration in April, testified on Capitol Hill on Thursday that if a cohesive national response isn't set up soon to address the coronavirus pandemic, things could get "...
Trump: COVID-19 Task Force Is Changing Focus
He says it will continue indefinitely, but it's switching focus to the economy
- One day after saying that the COVID-19 task force would be winding down, President Trump said Wednesday that it would continue indefinitely, but focus more on rebooting the economy. Trump tweeted that the panel's focus would be on "SAFETY & OPENING UP OUR COUNTRY AGAIN." Trump's...
In 'Abrupt' Tweet, Trump Writes of Shooting Down Iranian Boats
But a tweet won't change the rules of engagement
- Both Politico and the
New York Times
frame it as an "abrupt" tweet from the president: "I have instructed the United States Navy to shoot down and destroy any and all Iranian gunboats if they harass our ships at sea," wrote President Trump on Wednesday morning. It...
Trump 'So Happy' About Romney's Coronavirus Results
Politico describes president's tweet as being one of 'mock excitement'
- Mitt Romney remains in self-quarantine even though he announced Tuesday afternoon that he'd tested negative for COVID-19 after being in close contact with Sen. Rand Paul. On Wednesday, President Trump commented on the test results in a tweet the
Salt Lake Tribune
describes as containing "a measure of...
After Intense Back-and-Forth, House Passes Virus Relief Bill
President Trump says he's ready to sign it after negotiations between Pelosi, his administration
- After what the
New York Times
says was a "roller-coaster day of negotiations" between House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and the Trump administration, the House passed a coronavirus relief bill in the early hours Saturday that will help families across the nation impacted by the illness. Per CNN , the bipartisan...
Trump Sees Silver Lining in Bad Financial News
Falling oil prices means cheaper gasoline for consumers, he tweets
- President Trump suggested Monday that concern over the coronavirus outbreak was overblown. In one of several tweets, he drew comparisons between COVID-19 and the seasonal flu. "So last year 37,000 Americans died from the common Flu," he wrote . "It averages between 27,000 and 70,000...
Obama Remarks on US Economy, Trump Hits Back
'Did you hear the latest con job?'
- Presidents Day featured the current president of the United States going on the attack against a predecessor after President Trump became agitated by a tweet from former President Obama. Per the Hill , Obama started things off Monday morning by commemorating the 11th anniversary of his signing of the American Recovery...
John Kelly Speaks, and Trump Isn't Happy
It was 'a killer' working in the White House, says former chief of staff
- John Kelly spoke at Drew University in New Jersey Wednesday night, and Trump's former chief of staff was unusually candid about his stint at the White House under President Trump.
"I'm disappointed in myself for leaving, but it was a killer, I mean, no joke,
Trump, Self-Declared 'Un-Trump' Duke It Out
President, Bloomberg exchange insults as former mayor distances self from old comments
- Michael Bloomberg is spending a small fortune on his 2020 presidential campaign, and his ads and cutting comments critical of President Trump appear to be rankling the president. On Thursday, Trump lashed out:
"Mini Mike is a 5'4" mass of dead energy who does not want
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Postal Delivery Trucks Are Bursting Into Flames
Michael Cohen Is Back in Prison
Cohen 'Had Rug Pulled Out From Under Him' in Prison Stunner
WHO Revises Position on How Virus Spreads
NFL: There'll be No More of This
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
Newser In Your Inbox
Get The Morning 8: The eight stories you need to know, bright and early.
View all Newsletters and sign up
Get our apps
Suggest a Story
© 2020 Newser, LLC. All rights reserved.
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.