Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Donald Trump tweets
Stories 1 - 20 |
Twitter Puts the Kibosh
on National Archives'
Plan for Trump Tweets
Apr 8, 2021 2:00 AM CDT
Twitter Puts the Kibosh on National Archives' Plan for Trump Tweets
Twitter doesn't want them on the platform ever again
- The tweets that got former President Trump booted from Twitter may be gone from the social media platform forever, despite the National Archives' desires. Twitter on Wednesday told Politico it will not allow the National Archives and Records Administration to bring the tweets that Trump posted while president from his...
Twitter CEO: Trump Ban
Represents a 'Failure'
Jan 14, 2021 2:00 AM CST
Twitter CEO: Trump Ban Represents a 'Failure'
But Jack Dorsey says it was still the right move
- Jack Dorsey mused in a long Twitter thread Wednesday over one question: Was the social media network's banning of President Trump the right move? Ultimately, the Twitter CEO says that it was, because "offline harm as a result of online speech is demonstrably real," and there were...
Merkel Has Beef With
Trump's Twitter Ban
Jan 11, 2021 10:20 AM CST
Merkel Has Beef With Trump's Twitter Ban
Says freedom of opinion is a fundamental right
- German Chancellor Angela Merkel considers President Trump's eviction from Twitter by the company "problematic," her spokesman said Monday. Twitter permanently suspended Trump from the microblogging platform on Friday, citing a "risk of further incitement of violence" in the wake of the storming of the US Capitol...
Trump Sneaks in
4 More Tweets,
Hints of 'Own
Jan 9, 2021 6:00 AM CST
Trump Sneaks in 4 More Tweets, Hints of 'Own Platform'
Michael Flynn, Sidney Powell also get banned from Twitter
- Twitter permanently suspended President Trump's personal account, @RealDonaldTrump, on Friday, but the commander in chief quickly found a temporary workaround. CNBC reports that Trump managed to sneak in four more tweets from the government-owned @POTUS account on Friday evening, although those tweets were also removed from the platform almost...
Biden, Trump Respond
to Vaccine News
Nov 16, 2020 9:55 AM CST
Biden, Trump Respond to Vaccine News
President wants the record to show it came under his watch
- Both President Trump and Joe Biden were happy to hear good news about a second possible coronavirus vaccine Monday morning:
"Another Vaccine just announced," he tweeted . "This time by Moderna, 95% effective. For those great 'historians', please remember that these great discoveries, which will end
After Supreme Court Order on
Pa. Ballots, a Trump Tirade
Nov 7, 2020 8:15 AM CST
After Supreme Court Order on Pa. Ballots, a Trump Tirade
Justice Alito says ballots received after Election Day must be segregated, but count continues
- As Joe Biden closes in on a win , Pennsylvania remains a key state that could put him over the top. And per a ruling from Pennsylvania's Supreme Court, ballots postmarked by Tuesday but received by 5pm Friday are allowed in the count. But on Friday, in response to a...
The Media Takes a Close
Look at Pics of Trump
Oct 5, 2020 9:35 AM CDT
The Media Takes a Close Look at Pics of Trump
The president is also hitting Twitter hard in a get-out-the-vote effort
- President Trump may have COVID-19, but it seems he can still tweet—and you can guess what's on his mind. "VOTE!" he writes in several tweets urging his supporters to fill out ballots in November, the
reports. Among his reasons: "STOCK MARKET HIGHS,"...
Fauci: 'Let There Not Be Any
Confusion' on COVID Death Toll
Sep 2, 2020 8:28 AM CDT
Fauci: 'Let There Not Be Any Confusion' on COVID Death Toll
NIAID director says yes, more than 180K have died, not just 9K, as claimed in tweet Trump shared
- There have been nearly 185,000 deaths in the US from COVID-19, and Dr. Anthony Fauci is backing up that number after a misleading post retweeted by President Trump minimized the toll. Per the Hill , Trump on Sunday shared a since-deleted tweet from a QAnon fan named "Mel Q"...
'Pathetic!': Trump Blasts
COVID Adviser Birx
Aug 3, 2020 11:40 AM CDT
'Pathetic!': Trump Blasts COVID Adviser Birx
President accuses her of caving to pressure, issuing gloomy coronavirus outlook
- President Trump isn't shy about expressing displeasure with Dr. Anthony Fauci, and on Monday he slammed fellow COVID adviser Dr. Deborah Birx for the first time, reports Axios . Trump's criticism came after Birx issued a dire coronavirus outlook for the US, saying the disease was in a "...
Trump Unloads on Twitter
About Portland and Housing
Jul 29, 2020 6:10 PM CDT
Trump Unloads on Twitter About Portland and Housing
The president says 'there would be no Portland' if not for federal officers
- President Trump went "on a very aggressive Twitter streak this afternoon" and offered his take on federal agents in Portland—who may or may not be leaving the violence-wracked city, the
reports. With Oregon Gov. Kate Brown saying she's reached a deal with the White House to...
Trump Says He Loves Twitter
'Too Much,' Has Online Regrets
Jul 25, 2020 6:30 AM CDT
Trump Says He Loves Twitter 'Too Much,' Has Online Regrets
President also tells Barstool Sports people should 'run for office' instead of kneeling during anthem
- If you cringe when reading some of President Trump's tweets and retweets, President Trump is right there with you. That's per an interview that Barstool Sports founder Dave Portnoy nabbed outside the Oval Office on Thursday, as the White House was celebrating opening day for Major League Baseball,...
Pic of Himself
in 'Patriotic' Mask
Jul 21, 2020 12:01 AM CDT
Trump Tweets Pic of Himself in 'Patriotic' Mask
President does a U-turn on facial coverings amid coronavirus pandemic
- President Trump has officially done a 180 on masks. "We are United in our effort to defeat the Invisible China Virus, and many people say that it is Patriotic to wear a face mask when you can’t socially distance," Trump tweeted Monday alongside a photo of himself...
Trump Doubles Down on Base
Renaming With New Threat
Jul 1, 2020 11:05 AM CDT
Trump Doubles Down on Base Renaming With New Threat
'I will Veto' $740B annual defense bill if Elizabeth Warren-proposed amendment is included
- An amendment to the National Defense Authorization Act regarding the renaming of US military bases paying tribute to Confederate leaders has already been approved in a voice vote by the Senate's Armed Services Committee. But President Trump has just made clear he doesn't intend to let it get...
Trump Tweet Set Off Mad
Scramble Among Aides
Jun 30, 2020 11:30 AM CDT
Trump Tweet Set Off Mad Scramble Among Aides
Retweet of 'white power' video caused a ruckus, but he had left for golf course
- President Trump set off a firestorm Sunday morning when he retweeted a video (watch it here , but note language) of a Trump supporter shouting "white power" to counterprotesters in a Florida retirement community. The tweet came down about three hours later, and the White House said Trump hadn't...
Trump Wades Into Race
Debate With Tweeted Videos
Jun 23, 2020 11:10 AM CDT
Trump Wades Into Race Debate With Tweeted Videos
They show assaults by black men on white victims, and he asks, 'Where are the protesters?'
- President Trump retweeted a pair of videos Tuesday showing assaults by African American men on white victims. "Looks what's going on here," he wrote on one, which shows an assault on an employee inside a Macy's store in Flint, Mich., per Yahoo News . "Where are...
Trump Not Happy About New
'Autonomous Zone' in Seattle
Jun 11, 2020 7:13 AM CDT
Trump Not Happy About New 'Autonomous Zone' in Seattle
Protesters have taken over Capitol Hill area; president wants officials to 'take back your city'
- "THIS SPACE IS NOW PROPERTY OF THE SEATTLE PEOPLE." So read a banner draped Tuesday on the city's East Precinct police station, part of what the
reports is a newly installed "protest society" called the Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone, or CHAZ. Most notable about...
Trump Suggests 'Set Up'
Involving Buffalo Protester
Jun 9, 2020 9:25 AM CDT
Trump Suggests 'Set Up' Involving Buffalo Protester
President implies, sans evidence, Martin Gugino is antifa actor who faked fall; Gugino is still in hospital
- President Trump is pushing a conspiracy theory that claims the elderly Buffalo protester who remains in the hospital after he was allegedly assaulted by two police officers faked his fall. "Could be an ANTIFA provocateur," Trump wrote in a Tuesday tweet . Trump, offering no evidence, said 75-year-old Martin...
Trump Responds to
Mattis' Scathing Rebuke
Jun 4, 2020 6:19 AM CDT
Trump Responds to Mattis' Scathing Rebuke
President calls his ex-defense secretary 'overrated'
- James Mattis pulled no punches Wednesday in a statement blasting President Trump for his response to the George Floyd protests, calling Trump "the first president in my lifetime who does not try to unite the American people." Trump fired back at his ex-defense secretary later that evening, per...
Own Words. It
Jun 3, 2020 9:30 AM CDT
This Account Tweeted Trump's Own Words. It Got Suspended
It took less than 72 hours for @SuspendThePres to get shut down, albeit temporarily
- Twitter has been trying to get a handle on President Trump's tweets, fact-checking some and slapping a shield over another for "glorifying violence." But as
notes, the platform won't suspend the president's account, a non-move that's drawn criticism from many who say...
After Weekend of
Protest Arrests, a Trump
Accusation on Biden
Jun 1, 2020 9:29 AM CDT
After Weekend of Protest Arrests, a Trump Accusation on Biden
President's allegations appear linked to staffers' donations to group paying bail fees
- After a tumultuous weekend of protests across America over the death of George Floyd , police departments nationwide reported multiple arrests . On Monday morning, President Trump made an allegation against his presumptive challenger in November on those people behind bars. "Biden's people are so Radical Left that they are...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Judge Declares Florida Abortion Law Unconstitutional
Supreme Court Puts a Big Case on Next Term's Docket
Suspect in Star Cyclist's Murder Is Caught
Radio Station Abruptly Starts Playing Same Song on a Loop
Mom of Hospital Escapee: 'Terrified for the Community'
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.