Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Texas mass shooting
Stories 1 - 20 |
12 Concertgoers Are Shot,
One Fatally, in Dallas
Apr 3, 2022 4:15 PM CDT
12 Concertgoers Are Shot, One Fatally, in Dallas
Police say someone fired into the crowd
- One person was killed and 11 others were injured during a shooting at an outdoor concert in Dallas, police said. At about 12:15am on Sunday, officers responded to a field in southeast Dallas where a concert was being held, police said in a statement. Police say a preliminary investigation...
Judge Rules Air Force Must Pay
$230M to Massacre Victims
Feb 8, 2022 10:54 AM CST
Judge Rules Air Force Must Pay $230M to Massacre Victims
Judge had previously ruled military branch was 60% responsible for Sutherland Springs church shooting
The gunman who shot up a Texas church in 2017, killing 26 and injuring 22, is no longer alive to pay any kind of restitution to his victims or their loved ones. But on Monday, Judge Xavier Rodriguez of the US District Court for the Western District of Texas...
3 Dead, 2 Critically Injured
in Shooting at Texas Sports Bar
Aug 15, 2021 6:00 PM CDT
3 Dead, 2 Critically Injured in Shooting at Texas Sports Bar
The shooter got a gun out of his car after argument spilled over into the parking lot
- Two people got into an argument at a sports bar in San Antonio, TX, early Sunday morning that turned deadly. The argument spilled over into the parking lot of the Boom Boom sports bar and police were called at 3:35am—the bar was operating after hours. One man went...
Victim Dies Day After
Austin Mass Shooting
Jun 14, 2021 2:15 AM CDT
Victim Dies Day After Austin Mass Shooting
25-year-old was a tourist in the area
- One of the 14 people injured in a mass shooting in Austin, Texas, early Saturday died on Sunday. Douglas John Kantor, 25, "suffered from the time of the injury until time of death, it was the most gruesome thing I could think to wish on someone," his brother...
Mass Shooting Survivor
Swiftly Deported to Mexico
Feb 1, 2021 3:22 PM CST
Mass Shooting Survivor Swiftly Deported to Mexico
Rosa gave a statement to FBI, El Paso police after 2019 Walmart attack
- A woman thus far identified only as Rosa was pulled over in El Paso, Texas, on Wednesday for a faulty brake light. It turns out she had two outstanding misdemeanor traffic citations from 2015, reports KVIA . She was arrested and taken to the El Paso county jail annex, and by...
Victim, 8 Months on
Apr 27, 2020 12:48 AM CDT
Walmart Shooting Claims Another Victim, 8 Months on
Guillermo 'Memo' Garcia dies of his injuries
- The death toll from the August mass shooting at an El Paso Walmart is now 23. More than eight months after he was shot in the store's parking lot, Guillermo “Memo” Garcia has died, KTSM reports. The soccer coach leaves behind his wife and two children . Twenty girls...
Cops: El Paso Shooting
'Hero' Made Up His Story
Sep 12, 2019 3:09 AM CDT
Cops: El Paso Shooting 'Hero' Made Up His Story
Chris Grant was honored by President Trump Monday
- For many people, the day they visited the White House to be honored for heroic actions would be one to remember with pride. It didn't work out that way for El Paso mass shooting survivor Christopher Grant. The 50-year-old was arrested by Secret Service agents when he arrived with...
Cops: Call From Dad
Sep 11, 2019 7:37 AM CDT
Cops: Call From Dad Prevented Possible Mass Shooting
Texas man planned copycat shooting, police say
- A concerned father and law-abiding businesses helped thwart a potential mass shooting in Texas last week, police say. Officers in Fort Worth say the father of a 27-year-old man contacted police on Sept. 3, warning that his son had not been taking his medication and he was worried that he...
After Mass Shooting,
Hawks 'F-ed Up' T-Shirts
Sep 2, 2019 2:33 AM CDT
After Mass Shooting, O'Rourke Campaign Hawks 'F-ed Up' T-Shirts
Proceeds will benefit anti-gun violence groups
- Beto O'Rourke denounced gun violence in no uncertain terms after Saturday's mass shooting in his home state—and his campaign has now put those words on a T-shirt. The Democratic presidential candidate repeatedly described the massacre in Odessa, Texas, and the "epidemic of gun violence in America"...
'What a Horrific Day for Odessa'
Sep 1, 2019 7:19 AM CDT
'What a Horrific Day for Odessa'
Texas shooting began with a traffic stop
- The nation's latest mass shooting began with a simple afternoon traffic stop: NBC News reports that a police officer pulled over the suspect, driving a gold Honda, for failing to signal a left turn around 3:17pm on Saturday between Midland and Odessa, Texas. The AP reports that the...
Alleged El Paso Shooter
Now on Suicide Watch
Aug 20, 2019 1:21 AM CDT
Alleged El Paso Shooter Now on Suicide Watch
El Paso suspect is accused of killing 22
- Jail officials do not want alleged El Paso mass shooter Patrick Crusius to become the next Jeffrey Epstein. An El Paso County Sheriff's Office spokesperson tells KVIA that the 21-year-old is now on suicide watch at the El Paso County Detention Facility, where he was already segregated from the...
More Arrests Follow
Threats to Walmart Stores
Aug 11, 2019 10:02 AM CDT
More Arrests Follow Threats to Walmart Stores
13-year-old is among those charged
- A man was arrested at home in south Texas on Saturday on a charge of making a terrorist threat involving a local Walmart, the
Dallas Morning News
reports. Police say the man had said he planned a shooting at the store that morning. In a city nearby, police had arrested...
El Paso Shooting,
Aug 8, 2019 6:24 AM CDT
Weeks Before El Paso Shooting, Suspect's Mom Called Cops
She said she was worried about her son's new rifle
- The mother of the man accused of killing 22 people in an El Paso Walmart called police weeks before the mass shooting because she was worried about his new gun, but they told her there wasn't a lot they could do, lawyers for the family say. Attorneys Chris Ayres...
Issues US Travel Warning
Aug 8, 2019 2:30 AM CDT
Amnesty International Issues US Travel Warning
Organization cites 'rampant gun violence'
- The US is now among the countries covered by an Amnesty International travel warning. The international human rights organization issued the warning Wednesday, tweeting that visitors to the United States should "exercise extreme caution & have a contingency plan when travelling throughout the country" because of ongoing "rampant...
Trump to Face Protests
in El Paso, Dayton
Aug 7, 2019 5:16 AM CDT
Trump to Face Protests in El Paso, Dayton
He plans to meet with first responders, shooting victims
- President Trump says he is going to visit Dayton and El Paso on Wednesday "to meet with First Responders, Law Enforcement, and some of the victims of the terrible shootings"—but protesters in both cities say he will not be welcome. Dayton Mayor Nan Whaley, a Democrat, said...
Last Body Removed From
Walmart, Then Death Toll Rose
Aug 5, 2019 12:51 PM CDT
Last Body Removed From Walmart, Then Death Toll Rose
Number killed in El Paso now stands at 22
- The number of people killed at an El Paso Walmart has increased by two to 22, officials said Monday, as two of the wounded succumbed to their injuries. The El Paso PD tweeted news of the two additional deaths this morning. Neither victim's name has been released. ABC News...
Neil deGrasse Tyson Ripped
Apart Over Shooting Tweet
Aug 5, 2019 12:01 AM CDT
Neil deGrasse Tyson Ripped Apart Over Shooting Tweet
He shared the 'data'
- Like so many other Americans, Neil deGrasse Tyson took to Twitter on Sunday afternoon to tweet about the El Paso and Dayton shootings. His words weren't well received. The astrophysicist wrote :
"In the past 48hrs, the USA horrifically lost 34 people to mass shootings. On average, across any
Manifesto Linked to Texas
Shooter: 'Send Them Back'
Aug 4, 2019 4:00 PM CDT
Manifesto Linked to Texas Shooter: 'Send Them Back'
Purported words of Patrick Crusius emerge in media reports
- About 20 minutes before the shooting started at an El Paso Walmart, a rambling screed was posted to an online message board saying the massacre was in response to an "invasion" of Hispanics coming across the southern border, the AP reports. Titled "The Inconvenient Truth," it railed...
After 2 Mass Shootings,
Trump Hides From View
Aug 4, 2019 3:00 PM CDT
After 2 Mass Shootings, Trump Hides From View
His tweets oddly mix support for the grief-stricken and UFC fighter Colby Covington
- As the nation reeled from two mass shootings in less than a day, President Donald Trump spent the first hours after the tragedies out of sight at his New Jersey golf course, sending out tweets of support awkwardly mixed in with those promoting a celebrity fight and attacking his political...
Be Very Clear
About What Is
sunday talk shows
Aug 4, 2019 12:30 PM CDT
O'Rourke: 'Let's Be Very Clear About What Is Causing This'
Other Democrats also react strongly to the latest mass shootings
- Democratic candidates are hitting President Trump—and hitting him hard—after two mass shootings gut-punched America over the weekend. Beto O'Rourke appeared on CNN's
State of the Union
: "Let's be very clear about what is causing this and who the president is," said the former...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Report: Plane Crashed Into the Earth Intentionally
After Girl, 7, Mauled to Death by Dog, 4 Family Members Charged
Tucker Carlson Addresses Alleged Gunman's Screed
Man Buys Old Virginia Home, Makes 'Heart-Wrenching' Find
Viral Post About $27 Airport Beer Spurs Big Changes
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.