Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 21 - 33 |
'Extensive' Attack Carried Out
Against 70 Museum Treasures
Oct 21, 2020 9:25 AM CDT
'Extensive' Attack Carried Out Against 70 Museum Treasures
Berlin's Museum Island targeted on anniversary of German reunification
- At least 70 artifacts and artworks were targeted almost three weeks ago in what German newspaper
describes as "one of the most extensive attacks on works of art and antiquities in the history of post-war Germany," per Deutsche Welle . The attack on Berlin's Museum Island,...
Kraft's Jokey Campaign
Does Not Land Well
in case you missed it
Oct 17, 2020 7:00 AM CDT
Kraft's Jokey Campaign Does Not Land Well
Company takes flak from parents over 'send noods' slogan
- A slogan intended to sell mac and cheese has elicited a furious reaction online, with people accusing the company of predatory behavior by sexualizing a product popular with children. Kraft said its "Send Noods" campaign "encouraged adults to send free noodles to loved ones to provide comfort and...
Big Move on
Oct 7, 2020 12:03 AM CDT
Facebook Makes Big Move on QAnon
Bans it on all the company's platforms
- In what NBC News refers to as a "significant escalation" of previous actions taken against QAnon, Facebook is banning all accounts linked to the far-right conspiracy theory. The action applies to all of Facebook's platforms, including Instagram. A company spokesperson says the social media giant wants to limit...
in the Open
Sep 9, 2020 7:33 PM CDT
Trump's Link to QAnon Comes Out in the Open
Mike Pence, top GOP figures to attend fundraiser hosted by QAnon backers
- Vice President Mike Pence and top officials from President Trump's campaign are slated to attend a Montana fundraiser next week hosted by a couple who have expressed support for the QAnon conspiracy theory, according to an event invitation obtained by the AP and a review of social media postings....
Aug 21, 2020 2:39 PM CDT
Top Republican in House Rips QAnon
McCarthy, Pence, and Cheney reject conspiracy theory
- Under pressure after a conspiracy theorist won a GOP primary in Georgia , the House Republican leader has distanced his party from QAnon. "There is no place for QAnon in the Republican Party," Rep. Kevin McCarthy said in a Fox News interview, the Hill reports. "I do not...
Trump Says He Appreciates
Support From QAnon Followers
Aug 20, 2020 5:08 AM CDT
Trump Says He Appreciates Support From QAnon Followers
'I heard these are people that love our country'
- President Trump addressed the QAnon conspiracy theory for the first time Wednesday—and he offered what the
calls "measured praise" for supporters of a fringe group labeled a potential domestic terrorist threat by the FBI. "I don’t know much about the movement besides that they like...
Aug 19, 2020 3:22 PM CDT
Tech Giant Cracks Down on QAnon
Groups and accounts are getting banned
- Facebook says it will restrict the right-wing conspiracy movement QAnon and will no longer recommend that users join groups supporting it, although the company isn't banning it outright, the AP reports. Facebook said Wednesday it is banning groups and accounts associated with QAnon and a variety of US-based militia...
Praise for 'Future
Aug 12, 2020 1:47 PM CDT
Trump Has Praise for 'Future Republican Star'
Marjorie Taylor Greene, accused of having racist views, will likely win congressional seat
- The outcome of a Tuesday primary runoff isn't the easiest one for GOP leaders: Marjorie Taylor Greene will be the Republican contender for Georgia's solidly red 14th Congressional District, meaning she's likely to take the seat despite her history of embracing the QAnon conspiracy theory ("something...
Fox Host Walks Back
Praise for Fringe Movement
Jul 27, 2020 7:47 AM CDT
Fox Host Walks Back Praise for Fringe Movement
Jesse Watters first said QAnon has 'uncovered a lot of great stuff'
- The fringe conspiracy movement QAnon picked up some praise from a Fox News host over the weekend, who then quickly walked it back. During an interview with Eric Trump on Saturday, Fox's Jesse Watters declared that QAnon has done some "crazy stuff," but "they've also...
Twitter Lays the
Jul 22, 2020 4:24 AM CDT
Twitter Lays the Hammer Down on QAnon
Bans 7K accounts, places restrictions on another 150K
- Twitter is banning 7,000 QAnon accounts and limiting another 150,000, the social media service announced Tuesday. "These accounts are engaging in behavior that is designed to further the spread of content that has resulted in clear and well-documented informational, physical, societal and psychological offline harm," a...
Salacious Oprah Rumors
Prompt Response From Oprah
in case you missed it
Mar 21, 2020 7:00 AM CDT
Salacious Oprah Rumors Prompt Response From Oprah
Bizarre rumors began spreading on Twitter
- Ugly rumors caused Oprah Winfrey's name to trend Tuesday night—and ultimately prompted a response from Oprah herself. A series of tweets that started getting attention on Sunday alleged that the celebrity's Florida home had been raided by police, who were "digging up the tunnels" there in...
at Trump Rally:
'Was That a Q?'
Feb 9, 2020 4:30 PM CST
Shocked Voice at Trump Rally: 'Was That a Q?'
How the bizarre QAnon conspiracy theory entered the political mainstream
- President Donald Trump was more than halfway through his speech at a rally in Milwaukee when one of his hand gestures caught the eye of a supporter standing in the packed arena. The 51-year-old woman believed the president had traced the shape of the letter "Q" with his fingers...
'Q' Posted About
'the Storm' in October,
and a Wild Theory Was Born
Aug 2, 2018 8:25 AM CDT
'Q' Posted About 'the Storm' in October, and a Wild Theory Was Born
Digging into the conspiracy theory that is QAnon
- "Q WWG1WGA Trump 2020 Keep America Great! MSM is the enemy," read the sign spotted by the AP at President Trump's rally in Tampa on Tuesday night. There are plenty of letters on it, but one stands out: Q. NPR reports that other signs and T-shirts read...
Stories 21 - 33 |
Popular on Newser
After Backlash, Rittenhouse's Student Status Changes
3 Dead, 6 Injured in Michigan School Shooting
CNN Suspends Chris Cuomo Indefinitely
FTC Orders Walmart, Amazon to Explain 'Sky-High Prices'
Clarence Thomas' Long Fight Reaches Its 'Zenith'
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.