Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Inmates Win $2K Each After
Jail's Ivermectin 'Cocktail'
Oct 10, 2023 7:49 AM CDT
Inmates Win $2K Each After Jail's Ivermectin 'Cocktail'
Arkansas prisoners received antiparasitic drug, which wasn't FDA-approved for COVID, in 2021
- Five inmates at an Arkansas jail received a small settlement last month after being given ivermectin to treat their bouts with COVID. The
reports that the detainees involved in a lawsuit against Fayetteville's Washington County Detention Center were each awarded $2,000, in what ACLU Arkansas calls...
After Death of 'Ivermectin
Influencer,' Reports of
Scary Side Effects
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
Mar 18, 2023 6:00 AM CDT
After Death of 'Ivermectin Influencer,' Reports of Scary Side Effects
But admins and many followers insist dewormer had nothing to do with Danny Lemoi's death
- On March 3, just hours after posting to his popular ivermectin-touting Telegram group, Danny Lemoi was dead. While his obituary says only that he died "unexpectedly," administrators on the Telegram channel revealed that, unbeknownst to the 50-year-old, his heart was engorged and had grown to almost two times...
Protect You From COVID
Mar 31, 2022 6:47 AM CDT
Ivermectin Won't Protect You From COVID
Double-blind, randomized trial found it did not reduce hospitalizations even if taken early
- Treating COVID-19 patients with ivermectin did not alleviate the illness or reduce hospitalizations, according to a major double-blind, randomized clinical trial published Wednesday, which effectively rules out the anti-parasitic drug as a treatment. "There's really no sign of any benefit," Dr. David Boulware, an infectious-disease expert at...
Turns Out You're
Footing the Bill for
Jan 23, 2022 3:25 PM CST
Turns Out You're Footing the Bill for Americans' Ivermectin
Study of claims show Medicare is covering it
- If you're in the camp that believes ivermectin is a wonderful drug ... for ailments
than COVID, a new
article is likely to raise your ire. It flags a January study in the
Journal of the American Medical Association
that looked at just who is paying for...
Suit: Jail Gave Ivermectin
Without Inmates' Knowledge
Jan 17, 2022 6:03 PM CST
Suit: Jail Gave Ivermectin Without Inmates' Knowledge
ACLU says Arkansas county was engaged in medical experimentation
- After four inmates in an Arkansas county jail tested positive for COVID-19 last August, they were told about their treatment regimen: some combination of vitamins, antibiotics, and steroids. But what they got was ivermectin, a lawsuit says. The FDA and Merck, the manufacturer, do not recommend prescribing the anti-parasitic drug...
Docs Fall Sick
Nov 24, 2021 11:09 AM CST
After Anti-Vax Summit, 7 Docs Fall Sick
One claimed he'd been taking ivermectin and 'never felt healthier'
- At an anti-vaccine summit in Florida, where alternative treatments for COVID-19 were discussed, a 71-year-old cardiologist stood up and criticized his 97-year-old father for getting vaccinated. "He had been brainwashed" and "didn't tell me," Dr. Bruce Boros told attendees on Nov. 6, per the
Woman Whose Husband Sued
Hospital Over Ivermectin Dies
Nov 16, 2021 9:59 AM CST
Woman Whose Husband Sued Hospital Over Ivermectin Dies
Ryan Drock wasn't successfully in getting Tamara Drock the anti-parasitic drug
- The deaths of COVID patients continue to be routine circumstances around the globe, but one Florida death is attracting attention. The reason? Ivermectin, or the lack thereof. Tamara Drock, a 47-year-old West Palm Beach teacher, was admitted to Palm Beach Gardens Medical Center's ICU in August and treated with...
Alaska Lawmaker Who Refused
to Mask Up Tests Positive
Oct 15, 2021 1:00 AM CDT
Alaska Lawmaker Who Refused to Mask Up Tests Positive
State senator Lora Reinbold says she's taking ivermectin
An Alaska lawmaker's COVID drama just took another turn. Republican State Sen. Lora Reinbold, who bucked mask rules and was banned from Alaska Airlines, has tested positive for the virus, reports the
Anchorage Daily News
. The 57-year-old says she's recuperating at home with the help of remedies...
Man Whose Wife
Sued to Get Him
Died of COVID
Oct 5, 2021 1:58 AM CDT
Man Whose Wife Sued to Get Him Ivermectin Died of COVID
Jeffrey Smith had been hospitalized in July
- Jeffrey Smith, the Ohio man whose wife sued to force a hospital to treat him with ivermectin, died Sept. 25 , his attorney says. One judge in August ordered the hospital to give Smith the drug , which the FDA has warned against using for COVID, before another judge reversed the ruling...
2 Die in New Mexico After
Taking Ivermectin for COVID
Sep 27, 2021 1:29 PM CDT
2 Die in New Mexico After Taking Ivermectin for COVID
Poison control centers say calls about misuse of horse deworming drug have soared
- Authorities have said it before and they'll say it again: Ivermectin is not an approved treatment for COVID-19, and people definitely shouldn't be taking medicine designed for horses. Officials in New Mexico say calls to poison control centers about the drug have soared over the last year and...
Fight Is Dead
Sep 14, 2021 2:31 AM CDT
COVID Patient in Ivermectin Fight Is Dead
Veronica Wolski's supporters had tried to get hospital to administer it
- A woman who was involved in the ivermectin debate died Monday at a Chicago-area hospital. Veronica Wolski, 64, a QAnon follower who had been outspoken against masks and the COVID-19 vaccine, was hospitalized with the virus and made headlines after her husband announced she had requested to be treated with...
Judge Rules Hospital Can
Stop Using Ivermectin
Sep 7, 2021 10:45 AM CDT
Judge Rules Hospital Can Stop Using Ivermectin
An earlier order required its use for a COVID patient in the ICU
- An unusual medical and legal case involving the controversial drug ivermectin appears to be over in Ohio. A judge ruled on Monday that a hospital can stop administering it to a 51-year-old COVID patient in its ICU, reports NBC News . Hamilton County Common Pleas Judge Michael Oster Jr. wrote that...
Joe Rogan Posts
Negative COVID Test
Sep 4, 2021 8:00 AM CDT
Joe Rogan Posts Negative COVID Test
Podcaster only just revealed diagnosis Wednesday
- Days after revealing he'd tested positive for COVID-19, Joe Rogan posted a negative test result to his Instagram Friday. "Tested negative today! Thanks for all the kind wishes!" the podcaster wrote along with a photo of a digital readout. Just the previous Wednesday, the Joe Rogan Experience...
Doctors, Pharmacists: Everyone
Stop Using Ivermectin Now
Sep 2, 2021 4:20 PM CDT
Doctors, Pharmacists: Everyone Stop Using Ivermectin Now
AMA wants the prescriptions to stop
- The American Medical Association has something to say about people taking ivermectin . And what they have to say, essentially, is knock it off, you’re going to get hurt. Ivermectin can be prescribed for humans for some problems—problems that have nothing to do with COVID. The CDC and FDA...
Inmates Say They Were
Told Ivermectin Was 'Vitamins'
Sep 2, 2021 1:05 PM CDT
Inmates Say They Were Told Ivermectin Was 'Vitamins'
3 inmates at Washington County jail in Arkansas make the claim
- Several inmates at a northwest Arkansas jail said they weren't told a medication they were given to treat COVID-19 was actually an anti-parasite drug that federal health officials have warned should not be used to treat the coronavirus. Three inmates at the Washington County jail told the AP they...
Judge Rules Hospital Must
Give COVID Patient Ivermectin
Aug 30, 2021 10:38 AM CDT
Judge Rules Hospital Must Give COVID Patient Ivermectin
Prescriptions for deworming drug soar
New York Times
report on the demand for a deworming drug that some people erroneously believe can prevent or treat COVID opens with an anecdote that's likely repeated in doctors' offices across the country: The story of a San Antonio doctor who says he's asked to prescribe...
Radio Host Just Died of COVID
Aug 30, 2021 12:56 AM CDT
Another Anti-Vaccine Radio Host Just Died of COVID
Marc Bernier called himself 'Mr. Anti-Vax'
- First Dick Farrel , then Phil Valentine , and now a third conservative radio host who had spoken out against the COVID-19 vaccine has died of the coronavirus. Marc Bernier, a well-known 65-year-old talk radio personality in Daytona Beach, Fla., died Saturday night after being hospitalized August 7, Politico reports. He had...
Aug 21, 2021 3:25 PM CDT
Horse Drug Taken for COVID Leads to Poisonings
Mississippi health officials warn people not to buy their medicine at a feed store
- Mississippi officials have become alarmed enough at calls coming in to its poison control center to issue a statewide health alert. Don't take a drug intended for horses to self-treat COVID-19, officials said. "At least 70% of the recent calls have been related to ingestion of livestock or...
YouTube Yanks Videos
From Brazil's Bolsonaro
Jul 22, 2021 12:51 PM CDT
YouTube Yanks Videos From Brazil's Bolsonaro
Platform accuses him of spreading misinformation about COVID
- YouTube has removed some 15 videos posted by Brazil President Jair Bolsonaro that spread misinformation about COVID-19. The platform says it does not allow content "that states that hydroxychloroquine and/or ivermectin are effective in treating or preventing Covid-19, that states there is a cure for the disease, or says...
Speech on COVID
Dinged on YT
Jun 12, 2021 9:15 AM CDT
Senator's Speech on COVID Treatments Gets Dinged on YT
Ron Johnson earns one-week suspension after site says he spread medical misinformation
- Ron Johnson had some thoughts earlier this month on treatments for COVID, and those nuggets have now earned him a one-week suspension from YouTube. The Republican senator from Wisconsin made a June 3 appearance at the Milwaukee Press Club, where he slammed both the Trump and Biden administrations for "...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Cops Warn About New iPhone Feature, Experts Say to Chill
George Santos Is Expelled From Congress
Santos: 'I No Longer Have to Answer a Single Question'
Report: Israel Had Details of Hamas Attack for Over a Year
Bad News for Trump on Jan. 6 Civil Suits
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.