Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Stones Announce First Album
of Original Material in 18 Years
Sep 4, 2023 2:55 PM CDT
Stones Announce First Album of Original Material in 18 Years
Band plans launch event Wednesday on YouTube
- For the first time since 2005, the Rolling Stones are releasing a new studio album of original material, the group announced Monday. A launch for
is planned for Wednesday in the Hackney district of East London,
reports. Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, and Ron Wood will be...
Rolling Stones Are Touring
for Band's 60th Anniversary
Mar 15, 2022 6:40 PM CDT
Rolling Stones Are Touring for Band's 60th Anniversary
'SIXTY' tour will take in 10 European countries
- When the Rolling Stones launched their "Steel Wheels" tour in 1989, critics nicknamed it the "Steel Wheelchairs" tour because of the supposedly advanced age of the British rockers. But as we now know, they weren't even in the second half of their career at the time. The...
After 50 Years, Rolling Stones
Stop Playing Controversial Hit
in case you missed it
Oct 17, 2021 5:14 PM CDT
After 50 Years, Rolling Stones Stop Playing Controversial Hit
'Brown Sugar' was criticized for 'glorifying slavery'
- After 50 years, the Rolling Stones have dropped one of their biggest—and most controversial—songs from their set list. With its references to slavery, mentions of whipping, and lyrics like "How come you taste so good, just like a Black girl should," 1971 hit "Brown Sugar"...
'Cover Band' Dig
Oct 17, 2021 11:30 AM CDT
Jagger Embraces 'Cover Band' Dig From McCartney
Comments reenergized the long Beatles-Stones rivalry
- Mick Jagger paused between songs to say a few things to the more than 50,000 fans at SoFi Stadium in Los Angeles—a big crowd for a cover band. "There's so many celebrities here tonight, of course, you know, naturally," he said. "Megan Fox is...
Mick Jagger Goes Unnoticed
at North Carolina Dive Bar
Oct 1, 2021 3:48 AM CDT
Mick Jagger Goes Unnoticed at North Carolina Dive Bar
He dropped in for a beer at Charlotte's Thirsty Beaver
- Mick Jagger walked into a bar in North Carolina Wednesday night—and nobody seemed to notice. On Thursday, the Rolling Stones frontman tweeted a photo of himself drinking a beer in front of the Thirsty Beaver, a beloved dive bar known for its eclectic mix of customers. "Out and...
Stones Play First Show
Without Charlie Watts
Sep 27, 2021 4:59 PM CDT
Stones Play First Show Without Charlie Watts
Band launches tour by playing tribute to the late drummer
- With the stage empty, a drumbeat began Sunday night in St. Louis. Large photos were projected of the members of the Rolling Stones: Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Ronnie Wood, and a smiling Charlie Watts, the drummer who died last month . At that, the band came onstage and played "Street...
Rolling Stones Drummer
Charlie Watts Dead at 80
Aug 24, 2021 12:07 PM CDT
Rolling Stones Drummer Charlie Watts Dead at 80
He played with the band for nearly 60 years
- Charlie Watts, the self-effacing and unshakeable Rolling Stones drummer who helped anchor one of rock’s greatest rhythms sections, has died at age 80. Publicist Bernard Doherty said Watts died peacefully in a London hospital on Tuesday surrounded by his family. No cause of death was immediately revealed. Watts had...
Rolling Stones Threaten
Trump With Legal Action
Jun 28, 2020 7:37 AM CDT
Rolling Stones Threaten Trump With Legal Action
Campaign played 'You Can't Always Get What You Want' at Tulsa rally after earlier cease-and-desists
- Count the Rolling Stones among those unimpressed by President Trump's rally last week in Tulsa, Okla., though their rationale has nothing to do with the coronavirus. As the BBC reports, the British band is threatening the American president with legal action for playing their song at his rallies despite...
Rolling Stones' First New Song
in Years Is a Fitting One
Apr 23, 2020 5:37 PM CDT
Rolling Stones' First New Song in Years Is a Fitting One
'Living In a Ghost Town' is first original release in 8 years
- The Rolling Stones have just dropped their first original song in eight years. And Mick Jagger, for one, thinks "Living In a Ghost Town" perfectly suits these strange times. (Listen to it here .) Indeed the headline on the AP story about the song suggests it may become an...
Long Battle Over a Famous
Song Is Finally Over
May 24, 2019 9:56 AM CDT
Long Battle Over a Famous Song Is Finally Over
Mick Jagger, Keith Richards relinquish royalties over 'Bitter Sweet Symphony' by the Verve
- You've surely heard the song " Bitter Sweet Symphony ," which made stars of the band the Verve in the 1990s. What you may not have known is that the song has since been embroiled in a copyright dispute involving none other than Mick Jagger and Keith Richards of...
Mar 30, 2019 8:40 AM CDT
Mick Jagger 'Devastated' by Latest Stones News
17 North American concerts postponed due to Jagger medical issues
- If you have Rolling Stones tickets, or were planning on buying them in the near future, there's been an important development.
reports the band's upcoming North American tour, including 17 concerts from April 20 to July 29, has been postponed due to issues tied to frontman...
Keith Richards Has
Given Up Liquor
Dec 14, 2018 3:46 AM CST
Keith Richards Has Given Up Liquor
'It was interesting to play sober,' he says
- Keith Richards and Jack Daniels are no longer one of rock music's most famous pairings. The famously hard-partying Rolling Stone tells
that he has almost completely quit drinking and has given up hard liquor entirely. "It's been about a year now," says Richards, who...
Keith Richards: Disregard
My Jagger Vasectomy Joke
Mar 1, 2018 7:31 AM CST
Keith Richards: Disregard My Jagger Vasectomy Joke
Rolling Stones bandmate walks back advice to get a snip
- The lads probably never saw this coming when they formed a band back in 1962: Keith Richards just had to apologize to Mick Jagger over a vasectomy joke. It seems the Rolling Stones guitarist got a little flippant in a recent interview with the
Wall Street Journal
in regard to...
What Ronnie Wood Wouldn't
Have Done to Fight Cancer
Aug 7, 2017 10:39 AM CDT
What Ronnie Wood Wouldn't Have Done to Fight Cancer
There would've been no chemo if cancer had spread: 'This hair wasn't going anywhere'
- Three months ago, Ronnie Wood was diagnosed with lung cancer, right before he turned 70. In a recent interview with the
, Wood, the
hard-living, hard-partying guitarist in the Rolling Stones, says he refused chemotherapy as a treatment option because he wanted to keep his...
Had a Hell of a Life
Jun 15, 2017 1:03 AM CDT
Anita Pallenberg Had a Hell of a Life
Model, actor, Rolling Stones muse, mother to Keith Richards' kids dies at 73
- An actor and model who dated two of the Rolling Stones (and is rumored to have had an affair with a third) died Tuesday in a hospital in England, the
New York Times
reports. Anita Pallenberg was 73; a cause of death was not given. Pallenberg was perhaps best known...
Jagger 'Can't Remember
Writing Own Autobiography'
Feb 16, 2017 2:20 AM CST
Jagger 'Can't Remember Writing Own Autobiography'
Publisher says forgotten '80s memoir has surfaced
- A publisher in Britain says he has the "rock 'n' roll equivalent of the Dead Sea Scrolls"—but he may never be able to bring it to the public. John Blake, writing in the
, says that three years ago, somebody handed him a 75,000-word autobiography...
Nov 30, 2016 2:32 PM CST
10 Highest-Paid Musicians in the World
Somehow Diddy makes the list
- Taylor Swift is officially bigger than the Rolling Stones—at least in North America. In
' list of the 30 highest-paid musicians of 2016, Swift takes the top spot by breaking the North American touring record formerly held by the Rolling Stones. She also has endorsements in the seven...
Ronnie Wood, 68, a
New Dad to Twin Girls
May 31, 2016 10:50 AM CDT
Ronnie Wood, 68, a New Dad to Twin Girls
Start those baby monitors up for this Rolling Stone
- For those wondering how the Rolling Stones' Ronnie Wood is still among the living, he's not only surviving, he's procreating: He just became a dad to twin girls at the age of 68, CNN reports. Wood and his wife, Sally Humphreys, welcomed Gracie Jane and Alice Rose (sorry,...
Top 7 Earners
in Music for 2015
May 6, 2016 12:20 PM CDT
Top 7 Earners in Music for 2015
Not surprisingly, Taylor Swift tops the list by a long shot
- Which musicians are raking in the most dough? Billboard looked at 2015 revenue from music sales, streaming, publishing, and revenue (so, not counting money made from merchandising or sponsorships) to come up with the 40 highest-paid musicians of that year. The top seven:
$73.5 million, $61.7
Rolling Stones Rock Cuba
Mar 26, 2016 5:30 AM CDT
Rolling Stones Rock Cuba
Concert capped momentous week for Cuba
- The Rolling Stones unleashed two hours of thundering rock and roll on an ecstatic crowd of hundreds of thousands of Cubans and foreign visitors Friday night, capping one of the most momentous weeks in modern Cuban history with a massive celebration of music that was once forbidden here. The week...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Biden Makes Big Announcement on UAW Strike
Missing Star Wars Relic Turns Up in a Garage
UCLA Pauses Dorm Project Over 'Worrisome' Room Size
She Has Learned What a Fatal Overdose Sounds Like
Bundchen: 'Now I'm Living,' Not Just 'Surviving'
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.