Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Pelosi Speaks on Husband's
Nov 5, 2022 7:45 AM CDT
Pelosi Speaks on Husband's Attack, Midterms
House speaker says Paul Pelosi is home after 'tragic' assault in their San Francisco home
- A week after her husband was brutally attacked in their San Francisco home, Nancy Pelosi emerged to make her first public comments. "It's with a grateful heart that I thank you for being here," Pelosi said in a video she posted to her Twitter and YouTube accounts...
Alleged Pelosi Attacker
May Be Deported
Nov 4, 2022 2:25 PM CDT
Alleged Pelosi Attacker May Be Deported
Canadian David DePape was in US illegally after traveling legally here in 2008
- The man suspected of attacking Paul Pelosi , the 82-year-old husband of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, last Friday isn't in the United States legally, though he came here legally nearly 15 years ago. That's per Department of Homeland Security officials, who said Thursday that 42-year-old Canadian David DePape entered...
'Freaky' Incident at
Leads to Arrest
Oct 27, 2022 6:43 AM CDT
'Freaky' Incident at Ardern's Office Leads to Arrest
Cops nab 57-year-old woman after 'willful damage' to NZ prime minister's office
- A woman has been arrested after an incident of "willful damage" at Jacinda Ardern's office in Auckland. Per Stuff , a witness says he saw a person walk toward the New Zealand prime minister's working quarters early Thursday, then use some kind of tool to smash the glass...
Attack on Rubio Volunteer
Gets a Little Strange
Oct 25, 2022 8:38 AM CDT
Attack on Rubio Volunteer Gets a Little Strange
Victim canvassing for senator has ties to extremist group; Rubio's take also differs from cops'
- An online post from Florida Sen. Marco Rubio about an attack on a man who was canvassing for him over the weekend is now raising eyebrows over both its insinuations and the volunteer who was assaulted. "Last night one of our canvassers wearing my T-shirt and a Desantis hat...
Russia Arrests 8 in
Crimea Bridge Attack
Oct 12, 2022 6:46 AM CDT
Russia Arrests 8 in Crimea Bridge Attack
Nation's FSB says explosives came to Russia from Ukraine via Bulgaria, Georgia, Armenia
- Vladimir Putin seemed determined to find out who blew up a portion of the bridge connecting Crimea to Russia over the weekend, and on Wednesday, his FSB security service announced it had arrested eight individuals in connection with the blast. Officials say five of the arrestees were Russian, while the...
Suspect Arraigned in Killing
of Detroit Radio Anchor
Sep 26, 2022 5:52 PM CDT
Suspect Arraigned in Killing of Detroit Radio Anchor
Woman, son remain in hospital after attack
: The suspect in the attack on a family Friday that left a Detroit radio news anchor dead was arraigned Monday. Arthur Levan Williamson, 55, was denied bond at the hearing in Macomb County, ClickonDetroit reports. Williamson appeared virtually, and his attorney entered a not guilty plea for him to...
FBI Detains Man After
'Unprovoked' Attack on
Sep 22, 2022 9:30 AM CDT
FBI Detains Man After 'Unprovoked' Attack on Flight Attendant
Witness says American Airlines passenger claimed he was the Messiah
- He wasn't the Messiah, he was a very unruly passenger. A man was detained Wednesday after allegedly attacking a flight attendant on an American Airlines flight to Los Angeles from San Jose del Cabo in Mexico, and a witness says the man started shouting about being the Messiah after...
'The News Is
Aug 13, 2022 6:00 AM CDT
Agent on Rushdie: 'The News Is Not Good'
Author will likely lose an eye, suffered severed nerves in arm, damaged liver, says Andrew Wylie
- One day after he was stabbed while onstage at New York state's Chautauqua Institution to give a lecture, Salman Rushdie is hooked up to a ventilator and not able to talk, his agent says, per the BBC . "The news is not good," Andrew Wylie told the
Ukraine: 'Vile' Airstrike
Leaves at Least 21 Dead
Jul 2, 2022 6:00 AM CDT
Ukraine: 'Vile' Airstrike Leaves at Least 21 Dead
Zelensky's office: Russia fired 3 missiles on apartment building, campsite in Serhiivka
- A Russian airstrike on residential areas killed at least 21 people early Friday near the Ukrainian port of Odesa, authorities reported, a day after the withdrawal of Moscow's forces from an island in the Black Sea had seemed to ease the threat to the city. Video of the attack...
Guard From Attack
in case you missed it
Jun 19, 2022 4:55 PM CDT
Inmates Save Guard From Attack
Prisoner who tried to choke guard with pillowcase now hit with battery, contraband charges
- An inmate's attack on a Florida prison guard earlier this month was quickly stopped, but not just by other prison employees. The
reports on the June 7 incident, which happened around 1am at Hillsborough County's detention center, where most of the female prisoners were already bedded...
Boy Thrown From
Tate Modern Goes
in the Pool Again
May 30, 2022 2:00 AM CDT
Boy Thrown From Tate Modern Goes in the Pool Again
9-year-old continues to improve
The boy who was hurled from a viewing platform at London's Tate Modern museum in 2019 is doing better than doctors had predicted, his family says in a new update posted to a GoFundMe campaign set up to help with his recovery. "We were able to celebrate...
Dave Chappelle Performance
Takes a Wild Turn in LA
May 4, 2022 6:48 AM CDT
Dave Chappelle Performance Takes a Wild Turn in LA
Comedian attacked onstage while performing at Hollywood Bowl during comedy fest; he's OK
- Dave Chappelle performed Tuesday evening at the "Netflix Is a Joke" comedy fest in Los Angeles, but what happened to him at the end of his set definitely wasn't a planned part of the night's humor. Cops say the 48-year-old comedian, who was performing at the Hollywood...
After Viral On-Field
Confrontation, 2 Suspensions
in case you missed it
Apr 24, 2022 12:35 PM CDT
After Viral On-Field Confrontation, 2 Suspensions
Owen Woodward of Texas' Weatherford College tackled Josh Phillips after home run
A college pitcher has been suspended four games for acting more like a football player than a baseball player during a game. Owen Woodward of Weatherford College in Texas tackled an opposing player on the base path after the player hit a home run off him, reports Yahoo Sports...
Boater Tried to Save Man in
Water, Then 'Had to Shoot Him'
Apr 11, 2022 10:29 AM CDT
Boater Tried to Save Man in Water, Then 'Had to Shoot Him'
911 calls released from woman whose husband had to fend off drunk attacker, say police
- The bare-bones police description of a fatal shooting on a South Carolina lake was strange enough. A couple in a boat pulled aboard another couple who'd fallen off their jet ski, but the man from the jet ski began attacking his saviors, say police. At one point, the man...
Video of Youth Coach's
Attack on Ref Goes Viral
Feb 3, 2022 10:20 AM CST
Video of Youth Coach's Attack on Ref Goes Viral
California coach was fired the next day
- A youth basketball coach has lost his job and could face charges after setting a terrible example for his 10-year-old players. Video of the coach lunging at the referee and putting his hands around his neck went viral after the Saturday incident at Sports Academy in Thousand Oaks, Calif., KTLA...
After Assault, Nurse Dies in
Same Hospital She Served
Jan 18, 2022 11:10 AM CST
After Assault, Nurse Dies in Same Hospital She Served
Police in Los Angeles say Sandra Shells, 70, was victim of unprovoked attack at bus stop
- A 70-year-old nurse who worked most of her life at Los Angeles County-USC Medical Center died there last week after being assaulted at a bus stop, reports NBC News . Sandra Shells, who was still employed by the hospital after 38 years, was the victim of what police are calling an...
Man Allegedly Attacks
'Murderers' at Vaccine Clinic
Jan 5, 2022 3:35 PM CST
Man Allegedly Attacks 'Murderers' at Vaccine Clinic
Staffer ends up in the ER, and Thomas Apollo was arrested in Orange County
- The COVID situation turned ugly in California's Orange County last week, with a man arrested and accused of attacking workers at a vaccine clinic. Staffers at the Families Together mobile clinic in Tustin say the man began calling them "murderers" and perpetrators of a COVID hoax from the...
Cops: Gang Member Fatally
Stabbed Columbia Student
Dec 4, 2021 7:30 AM CST
Cops: Gang Member Fatally Stabbed Columbia Student
Davide Giri, 30, died after attack in same park where Tessa Majors was killed; suspect in custody
- A graduate student at Columbia University was stabbed to death Thursday night in New York City's Morningside Park, the same park where Barnard College student Tessa Majors was fatally stabbed almost two years ago to the day. The
New York Times
reports that Davide Giri, 30, was about two...
Against 2 Kids
Aug 20, 2021 10:16 AM CDT
Woman Sentenced for 'Devastating' Hate Crimes Against 2 Kids
Nicole Poole Franklin gets another 25 years behind bars
- In May, a Des Moines woman received 25 years behind bars for state charges of attempted murder. She just got 25 more, this time thanks to a new sentencing on two federal hate crimes. Iowa's News Now reports that 43-year-old Nicole Poole Franklin, who admitted that in 2019 she...
After Mask Dispute
on School's First Day
Aug 14, 2021 8:00 AM CDT
Official: Dad Attacked Teacher After Mask Dispute on School's First Day
Parent was agitated when he saw young daughter come out of school wearing one
- The first day of school is supposed to be filled with excitement for the new school year. At one California elementary school this week, that excitement was marred by violence after a parent attacked a teacher over face masks, reports NBC News . The incident at Sutter Creek Elementary School, located...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Cops: 'Catfishing' Leads to Triple Homicide
Court Sides With Man Fired for Avoiding Workplace 'Fun'
Wolf Researchers: 'We Just Open-Mouthed Stared at Each Other'
One of US' Oldest Kidnapping Cases Has a Surprise Ending
Suit Seeks $5M Damages Over Mac-and-Cheese Prep Time
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.