Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Suit Company's New Ads
Have People Buzzing
Mar 5, 2021 6:26 AM CST
Suit Company's New Ads Have People Buzzing
Suitsupply's 'New Normal' ad campaign forecasts a post-pandemic orgy
- The first thing you're going to do once you get the all-clear from Dr. Fauci is yank off your face mask, climb onto a bunch of sweaty strangers, and start offering them slobbering, open-mouthed kisses, right? That's what the post-pandemic future holds in "The New Normal,"...
Uncle Ben's Says
Brand Is Going to 'Evolve'
Jun 17, 2020 1:46 PM CDT
Uncle Ben's Says Brand Is Going to 'Evolve'
Company says it was planning change even before Aunt Jemima news
- Uncle Ben might soon be joining Aunt Jemima in retirement. Brand owner Mars says it is planning to change the rice's "brand identity," which has long featured a photo of an African American man. The name, which dates to 1946, comes from a black Texan rice grower,...
Brands Cater to
Dec 6, 2019 8:31 AM CST
Fastest-Growing Brands Cater to Homebodies
Using DoorDash, White Claw, Venmo, and Amazon Prime means you never have to leave
- Gen Xers had Zima ; millennials have White Claw —and the latter beverage is popular enough that it clinched the No. 2 spot on Morning Consult's list of the fastest-growing brands of 2019. The market research firm looked at "growth in the share of consumers who say they...
5 US Brands That
May Vanish in 2018
Dec 20, 2017 10:30 AM CST
5 US Brands That May Vanish in 2018
2 are tied to this year's #MeToo movement
- We'll soon lock 2017 away in our memory banks, but our recollections aren't the only things we may be leaving behind. Major US brands could be disappearing, per 24/7 Wall St. , a result of factors such as lagging customer demand, cuts from up high in corporate, and bad...
Only 3 Non-Tech Brands
Make 'Most Valuable' Top 10
Sep 25, 2017 10:25 AM CDT
Only 3 Non-Tech Brands Make 'Most Valuable' Top 10
Apple is No. 1, followed by Google and Microsoft
- If you wanted to create a brand from scratch and make it a valued household name, the tech sector is probably a good place to start. Per
, Interbrand looked at some of the world's biggest brands, then ranked their value—and seven that made it into the...
Selling 'Tiffany' Engagement
Rings Just Cost Costco $19.4M
Aug 15, 2017 10:00 AM CDT
Selling 'Tiffany' Engagement Rings Just Cost Costco $19.4M
Judge rules against warehouse club, which sold jewelry using Tiffany brand name
- A federal judge's decision on trademark infringement likely has Costco executives feeling blue—but definitely not Tiffany blue. Per CNBC , US District Judge Laura Taylor Swain ruled Monday the warehouse club must fork over $19.4 million in damages, plus interest, to the luxury jeweler for selling diamond engagement...
That Trader Joe's Snack May Be
More Familiar Than You Think
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
Aug 13, 2017 5:15 PM CDT
That Trader Joe's Snack May Be More Familiar Than You Think
PepsiCo, Frito-Lay, or other big brand names might be behind your favorite TJ items
- If you've ever eaten a Trader Joe's product and thought, "Huh, this tastes almost exactly like the brand-name version of the same product," you're probably right. Brands—including, in some cases, major ones like PepsiCo—often supply their products to Trader Joe's, which then...
Dunkin' Donuts May Be Nixing
a Big Part of Its Identity
Aug 4, 2017 12:32 PM CDT
Dunkin' Donuts May Be Nixing a Big Part of Its Identity
Parent company plans to drop 'Donuts' from brand name in test-drive
- Dunkin' Donuts is thinking about dumping "Donuts" from its name. A new location of the chain in Pasadena, Calif., will be simply called Dunkin', a move that parent company Dunkin' Brands Group Inc. calls a test, the AP reports. The Massachusetts-based company said Thursday that a few other stores...
Just One of 10
Jun 6, 2017 9:30 AM CDT
Just One of 10 Most Valuable Brands Isn't American
Nice job, Tencent
- Bragging rights for the world's most valuable brands are usually controlled by US companies, but in this year's ranking by BrandZ , one of China's own cracked the top 10, CNN reports. Tencent, which makes online games, apps, and other digital add-ons, rode on the coattails of its...
The 5 Best, Worst
Car Brands in US
Sep 19, 2016 12:00 PM CDT
The 5 Best, Worst Car Brands in US
Can Ford thank Matthew McConaughey?
- It's not clear whether Matthew McConaughey's commercials have anything to do with swaying customer opinion, but a nationwide survey of nearly 4,000 people regarding 24 major car brands has found that Americans love their Ford Lincolns the most, 24/7 Wall St. reports. An American Customer Satisfaction Index...
Brands Have Lost
Jan 12, 2016 1:21 PM CST
Trump's Luxury Brands Have Lost Their Glitter
And he really only has himself to blame, per Politico
- For more than 10 years, BAV Consulting has kept an eye on the Donald Trump brand, documenting its peaks and valleys in consumer opinion. But as Politico reports, the Donald's hold on the luxury goods market—which has helped amass him a portfolio that Bloomberg has estimated is worth...
Why We No
Feb 10, 2014 12:14 PM CST
Why We No Longer Care About Brands
Online reviews give us all the information we need: James Surowiecki
- Once, a company could depend on its reputation to earn sales: Customers were willing to buy a GM car or Sony device based on advertising and prior experience with the brand. Then came
, JD Power, and most importantly, the Internet. Now, consumers have a wealth of information on...
Sep 30, 2013 5:03 AM CDT
Coke Loses 'Most Valuable Brand' Crown
Apple, Google knock soft drink into 3rd place
- At the top of the world's most valuable brands, Coke is no longer it. The soft drink giant has lost its crown to Apple and Google, falling from first place for the first time since consulting firm Interbrand started releasing lists of the world's 100 most powerful brands...
Sep 25, 2012 11:51 AM CDT
Estée Lauder Building 2nd 'Home' Market in China
Osiao strives for local authenticity
- Estée Lauder already sells most of its brands in China—but now it's working on a new line specifically designed for the Chinese market. Osiao skin care products "will give consumers a sense of being local, of being really dedicated to them," says CEO Fabrizio Freda....
Prefer Dunkin Donuts?
You Might Be a Republican
in case you missed it
Jun 23, 2012 7:35 AM CDT
Prefer Dunkin Donuts? You Might Be a Republican
Are you Team Subway or Team Wendy's?
- If you love BMWs, Dunkin' Donuts, and Subway, you just might be a Republican. Democrats, meanwhile, prefer Jeeps, Starbucks, and Wendy's, a study finds. Researchers clocked 4,000 people's reactions to various brands to the millisecond, and found a divide between left and right, ABC News reports. "...
Mercedes Buys Naming
Rights to Superdome
Oct 13, 2011 2:36 PM CDT
Mercedes Buys Naming Rights to Superdome
Luxury carmaker signs 10-year deal despite Katrina memories
- The New Orleans Superdome, home stadium to the NFL's Saints, will soon be sponsored and rebranded by Mercedes-Benz USA, reports
. The luxury car manufacturer signed a 10-year agreement to link its name to the Saints' turf—despite the Superdome's lingering association as a makeshift refugee camp for...
Google as Most
May 9, 2011 6:21 AM CDT
Apple Bumps Google as Most Valuable Brand
Tech and telecoms dominate the top brands
- Apple has taken a bite out of Google. It's now the most valuable brand in the world, finally ending Google's four-year run at the top of Millward Brown's list of global brand value, reports Reuters . The study estimates Apple's brand to be worth $153 billion, almost...
Snot Pizza Isn't a Felony: Keillor
Apr 22, 2009 1:39 PM CDT
Snot Pizza Isn't a Felony: Keillor
- One minimum-wage worker farts on a salami sandwich, and suddenly the president of Domino's is issuing a public apology? “This is the world turned upside down,” writes Garrison Keillor in the
. In the actual world, the salami fart is nothing. “The night manager just says,...
Domino's Workers Fired for Gross-Out Video
Apr 15, 2009 2:12 AM CDT
Domino's Workers Fired for Gross-Out Video
Employees filmed doing worse than anything than the Noid ever dreamt up
- Domino's Pizza is struggling to contain the damage after a video of disgusting antics in one of its kitchens surfaced on YouTube,
reports. A male employee is filmed wiping his bare butt with a sponge he then uses to wipe a pizza pan, farting on pepperoni, and stuffing...
Cable Company Wages
War on Monsters
Apr 4, 2009 8:18 AM CDT
Cable Company Wages War on Monsters
Company takes on more monsters than Godzilla in fight to protect trademark
- High-end audio cable maker Monster Cable has been taking on every monster it can find in a battle to safeguard its trademark, the
Wall Street Journal
reports. The company has sued makers of monster-branded products from carpet cleaners to energy drinks, along with job-search site Monster.com, and even the...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
After 24-Hour Treatment, Frogs Started Regrowing Lost Limbs
Retrieval of Sunken F35 Is 'Vitally Important' for US
Buffalo Bills Have Fans Arrested Over Their Vaccine Cards
After Bridge Collapses, a Human Chain Forms
Michael Madsen: Son's Death Is 'Mind-Blowing'
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.