Going green is good and all, but sometimes it can also be gross. ForkParty.com rounds up a dozen weird, eco-friendly inventions, some of which are also fairly icky:
- Fertilizer: Specifically, made from human waste or, possibly even weirder, human remains.
- Clothing: We all need something to wear, but would you wear clothes made out of cigarette butts?
- Motor oil: Biodegradable motor oil is great, but you might turn up your nose at the idea that it’s made from beef tallow.
- Feminine hygiene: Tired of tampons? Wear the Diva Cup for up to 12 hours instead. Of course you have to empty it afterward...
- Fur handbags: Not just any fur. Fur taken by grooming your very own pets.
- Boat: Instead of running on regular fuel, this green boat runs on human fat from liposuction clinics.
For the complete list, click here
. For more on green products that aren’t as green as you might think, click here
. (Read more going green