A new survey finds that 29% of employees have made something up to get out of a workday, and CareerBuilder surveys employers to find the strangest:
- A chicken attacked my mom.
- My finger's stuck in a bowling ball.
- My hair transplant went poorly.
- My neck is hurt from falling asleep at work.
- A cow broke into my house.
- My girlfriend threw a Sit N Spin through my living room window.
- My foot is caught in the garbage disposal.
for the full list ... and think carefully before using one yourself. The survey also found that 26% of employers have checked up on an employee who called in sick, with 15% of those bosses even driving by the "invalid's" apartment.
(Read more excuses