If She Cheats, He'd Prefer It Be a Woman

For cheating men, it's the opposite, study says
By Matt Cantor,  Newser Staff
Posted Jan 28, 2011 1:29 PM CST
If She Cheats, He'd Prefer It Be a Woman
File photo   (Shutterstock)

(Newser) – Men are more likely to stay with girlfriends who have cheated on them with other women than those who’ve cheated with another man, a University of Texas study suggests. Women, however, are the opposite: they’re more likely to stay with a man who’s cheated with a woman than one who’s cheated with a man, says the study published in Personality and Individual Differences.

A father-daughter research team asked 700 students to imagine partners of three months cheating on them. Men showed a 50% likelihood of staying with women who’d cheated with other women and a 22% likelihood of sticking with girlfriends who’d been with men. Women showed 28% odds of continuing to date men who’d cheated with women and 21% odds of staying with boyfriends who’d cheated with other men.
(Read more cheating stories.)

We use cookies. By Clicking "OK" or any content on this site, you agree to allow cookies to be placed. Read more in our privacy policy.
Get the news faster.
Tap to install our app.
X
Install the Newser News app
in two easy steps:
1. Tap in your navigation bar.
2. Tap to Add to Home Screen.

X