Turns out the Big Easy might just as easily be the Big Sloppy: New Orleans has topped the list of the 20 dirtiest cities in America, as determined in a recent poll by Travel + Leisure Magazine. Trash, graffiti, quality of tap water, and pollution were all taken into consideration. Without further ado:
- New Orleans: Voters weren't cutting Nawlins any slack for cleanup after Mardi Gras—or catastrophic weather events in the past decade...
- Philadelphia: A very close second to NOLA, the City of Brotherly Love is also frumpy: It was also voted one of the 'least stylish' cities.
- Los Angeles: Chalk it up to infamously bad pollution.
- Memphis: Its sticky, delicious barbeque might contribute to its high rank on the dirty list, but ranking last for environmental friendliness can't help, either.
- New York City: The City That Never Sleeps elected Anthony Weiner, and only made No. 5?
Check out other dirty cities
that made the cut. (Read more New York City