Looking to meet like-minded people as the new school year begins? Never fear—these days, there’s a club for everybody, the Detroit Free Press reports. A few of the oddest:
- Squirrel clubs. Both the University of Michigan and Western Michigan University offer societies aimed at interacting with our bushy-tailed friends.
- Tree Musketeers. Northern Michigan’s club welcomes those interested in learning to swing from tree to tree in the manner of Tarzan.
- Lumberjack Club. The Michigan Tech group’s entry requirement: Must “legitimately own flannel.”
- Flow of Poi Club. For those at Oakland University who want to improve their skills spinning balls on ropes, an art form native to New Zealand.
- Childish Games Commission. Kalamazoo College students should join if they’re interested in scavenger hunts or playing Quidditch.
- Dignified Educated United Crust Eaters Society. Aimed at those WMU students who value the eating of pizza crusts.
(Read more club