Word for French Kiss Finally Enters French Lexicon

But 'galocher' isn't in the official dictionary yet
By John Johnson,  Newser Staff
Posted May 30, 2013 3:59 PM CDT

(Newser) – The most popular word of the day seems to be "galocher." As multiple stories are happily pointing out—like these at Global Post and the Huffington Post—it is a new French word that means "to kiss with tongues." Yes, it seems that France has never had a word dedicated to the act of french kissing. Today, however, the new edition of the popular Petit Robert Dictionary hit stores shelves with the coinage included. Does that make it official? No way, says the Washington Post, which points out that the 378-year-old Academie Francaise hasn't accepted the slangy invention. (Read more strange stuff stories.)

My Take on This Story
Show results without voting  |