Want to pull in $100,000 a year? According to Bureau of Labor Statistics data, just 38 US occupations offer that much, and only 11 of them are common enough to employ over 100,000 people, 24/7 Wall St reports. Among those, here are the top five:
- Family and General Practitioners. How many: 124,810. Median salary: $180,180. Projected through 2022: +14.6%. Our ageing population makes this job a good bet for the future.
- Chief Executives. How many: 246,240. Median salary: $173,320. Projected through 2022: +5.3%. Yeah, that median salary shows that most CEOs are no Mark Zuckerberg or Jamie Dimon, but they still beat the US median income by $140,000.
- Architectural and Engineering Managers. How many: 179,320. Median salary: $130,620. Projected through 2022: +6.7%. Growth here depends on the industry involved—for engineering services, BLS sees a 21% spike, while manufacturing (which hires most people in this category) should actually shrink by 6%.
- IT Managers. How many: 330,360. Median salary: $127,640. Projected through 2022: +15.3%. Cyber-security fears are an added boon for this profession.
- Marketing Managers. How many: 184,490. Median salary: $127,130. Projected change through 2022: +12.7%. With companies selling "over the phone, online, or any other way, demand for marketing managers will likely increase," says 24/7 Wall St.
To see 6 through 11 on the list, visit 24/7 Wall St. (Read more money stories.)