An interesting wedding gift and a single mom's funny but sweet gesture make the list:
- Couple Waits 9 Years to Open Wedding Gift: The best wedding present Kathy and Brandon Gunn received at their wedding was one they never opened—at least not for nine years. That was because the gift from great-aunt Alison came with a special instruction: "Do not open until your 1st disagreement." Yes, they had plenty of disagreements in their first nine years, but they kept the box unopened as a kind of symbol. When they finally decided to unwrap it recently, they found some simple advice inside.
- Why This Single Mom Dressed Up Like a Dad: When single mom Yevette Vasquez was dropping son Elijah off at school in Texas, she remarked aloud about how many more cars there were in the parking lot than usual. Elijah informed her it was "Donuts With Dad" day—and that prompted a quick trip home and a transformation of sorts for Vasquez that charmed the Internet. That's because the transformation involved a fake mustache.
- Photographer Finds Mystery Newlyweds in Yosemite Photo: A newlywed couple now has a breathtaking image to add to their wedding album, thanks to a kind and persistent stranger. Amateur photographer Mike Karas says he was snapping photos of the sunset when he noticed "a couple in a tuxedo and wedding dress" standing on a nearby rock ledge. He snapped the image, but they left before he could track them down. An online campaign fixed that.
- Teen Acid Attack Survivor Is Fashion Week Model: Two years ago, Reshma Quereshi was permanently disfigured in an acid attack while walking to school in India. She was only 17. On Thursday, she walked in New York Fashion Week, and the message went way beyond clothes.
- Football Team Lines Up a Man Short, on Purpose: The Nebraska Cornhuskers lost punter Sam Foltz in a car accident in July, and the football team paid him tribute in its first game of the season last weekend: After their first drive ended with a fourth and four, the team lined up solemnly in punt formation with just 10 men and stood without a punter for a minute as the crowd cheered. They didn't mind the resulting penalty.
Click to read more uplifting stories
. (Read more uplifting news