X

US /

He Flipped a Switch and the Home Exploded. Siri Saved Him

Christopher Beaucher was checking on his mom's vacant NH cottage
By Newser Editors and Wire Services
Posted May 15, 2017 11:13 AM CDT

(Newser) – A New Hampshire man who was injured in a house explosion is thanking Siri for saving his life. Christopher Beaucher says he was checking on his mother's vacant cottage in Wilmot on May 1 when he saw something suspicious and went inside, per the AP. He tells WMUR-TV when he switched on a light, the house exploded into flames. "Part of it collapsed while I was in it during the initial explosion, so I couldn't really tell where I was."

story continues below

Beaucher's face and hands were badly burned. He managed to exit the home and get to his car, but says his injuries left him unable to dial. He says he somehow asked his iPhone's voice-controlled virtual assistant Siri to call 911, believing he was going into shock. Beaucher is still undergoing treatment for his injuries but says he hopes to return to his job as a cook and tend to his farm. Authorities are still investigating the explosion. A GoFundMe campaign has raised $3,000 for Beaucher. (Read more Siri stories.)

We use cookies. By Clicking "OK" or any content on this site, you agree to allow cookies to be placed. Read more in our privacy policy.
Get the news faster.
Tap to install our app.
X