US /

Diner Stunned When Living Thing Falls on Her Plate

It was a rat. And she wasn't happy
By Neal Colgrass,  Newser Staff
Posted Jun 22, 2019 1:30 PM CDT

Welcome to the City of Angels: A woman visiting LA from Houston was stunned to see a rat fall on her table at a Buffalo Wild Wings, CBS Los Angeles reports. Alisha Norman says she was celebrating her birthday at the Westchester-area restaurant Thursday and watching the Women's World Cup when it happened. "We're having adult beverages," she says, "and we hadn’t even ordered yet. And we hear a noise. Our eyes go up and all of a sudden a rat comes down." She tells KTRK that "it was disgusting. It was still alive. Its heart was still beating."

Diners were in shock and the waitress stood aside as the manager picked up the rat with two plates and bagged it, per Fox News. The manager later blamed the rat on nearby construction, and the location was closed for "proper remediation, cleaning and sanitization," the franchise said. Norman's meal was comped, but she doesn't sound satisfied: "I'm feeling like I'm done with Buffalo Wild Wings," she says. The city had given the restaurant an A health rating. (More rats stories.)

Get the news faster.
Tap to install our app.
Install the Newser News app
in two easy steps:
1. Tap in your navigation bar.
2. Tap to Add to Home Screen.