The scientific world’s best and brightest gathered last night to honor the silliest. Eight Nobel laureates showed up to hand out the “Ig Nobels,” which honor funny, weird, and downright silly discoveries. The winners included:
- Public health: Dr. Elena Bodnar, who invented a bra that can turn into two gas masks.
- Veterinary medicine: A team that proved cows with names produce more milk than nameless ones.
- Peace: A Swiss team that found it was better to be hit over the head with a full bottle of beer than an empty one.
- Literature: Ireland’s police force, which has written more than 50 tickets to “Prawo Jazdy,” which is Polish for “driver’s license.”
- Chemistry: A Mexican team that made diamonds out of tequila.
To see the complete list, check the source. (Read more Ig Nobel Prizes