Perhaps your grocery store is already out of green food coloring ahead of St. Patrick’s Day, or maybe you’d rather tint your celebratory grub naturally. Ann Hodgman, writing for Slashfood, has suggestions:
- Peas: Adding some to your mashed potatoes will change the color but not the taste.
- Parsley: Want green bread crumbs for a chicken dish? Add the chopped fresh herb to a mixture of breadcrumbs, Parmesan, and garlic.
- Pesto: Green garlic bread, people. Perhaps to accompany spinach pasta.
- Wheatgrass juice: Turns rice, mayo, cream cheese, dips, even vanilla pudding green without affecting the taste.
- Crème de menthe: The liqueur puts the rock in your shamrock shake.
- Guacamole: Hey, it’s green!
(Read more St. Patrick's Day