Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Vladimir Putin Will Seek Another 6 Years in Power
Stories 1 - 20 |
to Answer 'Stolen
Nov 6, 2023 12:30 AM CST
Scalise Refuses to Answer 'Stolen Election' Question Multiple Times
A clearly frustrated George Stephanopoulos eventually cut off the interview
- At least seven times during a sit-down Sunday on ABC News'
, host George Stephanopoulos tried to get a straight answer from House Majority Leader Steve Scalise on whether he believes the 2020 presidential election was stolen. And at least seven times, Scalise avoided answering the question. The Hill...
Dec 26, 2022 10:20 AM CST
His Passion 'Shined Every Sunday Morning' on ABC
Dax Tejera, EP for 'This Week With George Stephanopoulos,' dies suddenly of heart attack at 37
- The ABC News team is mourning an executive producer of one of its most well-known programs after his shockingly sudden death earlier this week. In a Saturday memo sent to staffers, ABC News President Kim Godwin relayed that 37-year-old Dax Tejera, EP on
This Week With George Stephanopoulos
Pelosi Won't Rule Out
Sep 20, 2020 5:10 PM CDT
Pelosi Won't Rule Out Another Impeachment
The House Speaker says 'we have arrows in our quiver' for Supreme Court battle
- Another Trump impeachment? Or one of William Barr? Nancy Pelosi refused to rule them out Sunday on ABC 's
This Week with George Stephanopoulos
should the Senate try to push through a Supreme Court nominee during the lame duck session. "Well, we have our options," Pelosi said....
Jul 15, 2020 6:39 AM CDT
Mary Trump Has One Word for Her Uncle
'Resign,' president's niece tells ABC's George Stephanopoulos as her new tell-all is released
- On Monday evening—the same day that the gag order against her was lifted , and on the eve of when her new tell-all was set to be released—Mary Trump made her first tweet in years: "Happy Infrastructure Week," a long-running joke referring to the inability of her...
Celebs Face Brunt
Apr 21, 2020 8:51 AM CDT
Celebs Face Brunt of 'Corona-Shaming'
Jennifer Lopez, George Stephanopoulos among those bashed for not staying home, following rules
- Celebrities including Jennifer Lopez and George Stephanopoulos are learning the hard way about "corona-shaming," the act of shaming people who appear to be skirting public health recommendations amid the coronavirus pandemic. While various Facebook groups target the average "covidiots," per the
, celebrities are most visible....
Has Virus Along With Wife
Apr 13, 2020 9:30 AM CDT
George Stephanopoulos Has Virus Along With Wife
But ABC News figure is largely symptom-free, unlike Ali Wentworth
Good Morning America
host George Stephanopoulos revealed Monday that he has tested positive for the coronavirus but has been relatively symptom-free, per the AP . The ABC News host revealed his diagnosis on the show, telling co-host Robin Roberts that he's "feeling great." The news comes about two...
Actress Ali Wentworth:
'I've Never Been Sicker'
Apr 2, 2020 8:51 AM CDT
Actress Ali Wentworth: 'I've Never Been Sicker'
George Stephanopoulos' wife in 'pure misery' from COVID-19
- Actress and comedian Ali Wentworth has contracted the coronavirus and it's taking quite a toll. "I've never been sicker. High fever. Horrific body aches. Heavy chest," Wentworth, the wife of ABC News and and
Good Morning America
anchor George Stephanopoulos, wrote on Instagram Wednesday; she paired...
Trump Brushes Off Criticism
of Remarks on Foreign Info
Jun 13, 2019 10:25 AM CDT
Trump Brushes Off Criticism of Remarks on Foreign Info
Says he meets with world leaders all the time, and it would be 'ridiculous' to inform the FBI
- President Trump generated headlines Wednesday when he said during an interview that he would listen if a foreign government approached with dirt on a political rival. On Thursday, Trump pushed back against the resulting criticism, reports the
. "I meet and talk to 'foreign governments' every day,"...
Has News on
May 6, 2018 10:35 AM CDT
Rudy Giuliani Has News on Possible Trump Plea
Trump's top attorney talks up a storm on 'This Week'
- Rudy Giuliani got America's attention Sunday by saying he couldn't deny that President Trump may plead the Fifth Amendment if he testifies in the Russia probe, ABC News reports. "Are you confident the president will not take the Fifth in this case?" asked George Stephanopoulos on
Will Survive My Term
SUNDAY TALK SHOWS
Jan 8, 2017 9:56 AM CST
Obama: ObamaCare Will Survive My Term
President talks Trump, Russians, and Twitter as his term in office wanes
- With less than two weeks on the clock, President Obama doesn't hesitate about whether ObamaCare will survive once he turns the keys over to Donald Trump: "I think it will," he tells ABC News' George Stephanopolous. "It may be called something else. If in fact the...
of Winning, per
Nate Silver: 79%
Jun 29, 2016 2:49 PM CDT
Hillary's Chances of Winning, per Nate Silver: 79%
Though he concedes 'there's a lot of football left to be played'
- If you're looking for odds on what's going to happen in Election 2016, you can ask a Las Vegas bookie or Nate Silver. And according to what the FiveThirtyEight.com numbers whiz told George Stephanopoulos on Wednesday's
Good Morning America
, Hillary Clinton has an almost 80% chance...
in Hot Water
to Clinton Foundation
May 14, 2015 7:06 PM CDT
Stephanopoulos in Hot Water Over Donations to Clinton Foundation
Says he should have disclosed them, bows out of ABC's Republican debate
- George Stephanopoulos is engaging in damage control today after acknowledging that he donated $75,000 to the Clinton Foundation but didn't disclose that fact even while reporting on the foundation in his capacity as an anchor at ABC News. ( Politico and the
Washington Free Beacon
first reported the...
Obama to Boehner:
Instead of Suing,
Do Your Job
Jun 27, 2014 11:56 AM CDT
Obama to Boehner: Instead of Suing, Do Your Job
President dismisses lawsuit as a 'stunt'
- Barack Obama isn't exactly quaking in his boots over John Boehner's lawsuit threat , at least not publicly. "The suit is a stunt," the president told George Stephanopoulos at ABC . "I'm not going to apologize for trying to do something while they're doing nothing....
Stepping Down at
Jun 25, 2014 10:18 AM CDT
Diane Sawyer Stepping Down at ABC's
To be replaced by David Muir
- Diane Sawyer is stepping down as anchor of ABC's
in September after nearly five years in the job, to be replaced by her regular substitute, David Muir. The network also said today that George Stephanopoulos will add the role of chief anchor for live news events to...
TALK SHOW ROUNDUP
Oct 6, 2013 12:11 PM CDT
Cruz: Tie Debt Ceiling to ObamaCare
Also thinks GOP is 'winning the argument'
- Ted Cruz today called for "ways to mitigate the harms from ObamaCare," and he's looking squarely at you, debt ceiling showdown: "The debt ceiling historically has been among the best leverage that Congress has to rein in the executive," he said today on
Not About 'Style'
Sep 15, 2013 8:52 AM CDT
Obama: Syria Deal Not About 'Style'
Emphasizes it was more important to get the policy right
- The road to the Syria chemical weapons deal may have been bumpy, but President Obama insists that he's "less concerned about style points" and "much more concerned with getting the policy right," he tells George Stephanopoulos this morning on ABC's
. “Folks here...
Rodman to Obama:
Call Kim Jong Un
Mar 3, 2013 10:46 AM CST
Rodman to Obama: Call Kim Jong Un
They both like basketball, so 'let's start there'
- Maybe we should sic Dennis Rodman on the Middle East next, because he's apparently found the diplomatic solution in North Korea: Fresh off his "basketball diplomacy" trip to Pyongyang, Rodman stopped by ABC's
this morning to give George Stephanopoulos the scoop on his new BFF...
Me I'm Human
Feb 13, 2013 8:47 AM CST
Rubio on Water Gulp: God Reminding Me I'm Human
Mid-speech sip sparks Twitter surge
- It's not unusual for the peanut gallery to ask if a politician was drinking after a speech—or if that drink was Kool-Aid—but it's Marco Rubio's swig of water last night that's getting more attention than his words. While giving his party's response to...
Was Diane Sawyer
Nov 7, 2012 8:28 AM CST
Was Diane Sawyer Totally Drunk Last Night?
Plus: Brian Williams slams Donald Trump
- If you were watching ABC's election coverage last night, there was probably just one question on your mind: Is Diane Sawyer really drunk, or just tired? Gawker has an amusing video montage that seems to support what many assumed: She was smashed. The video pieces together clips of Sawyer...
Dec 13, 2011 6:27 PM CST
Amanpour Leaving ABC's
George Stephanopoulos will return to the show
- Sunday morning news junkies will see a big change come Jan. 8: Christiane Amanpour is leaving her gig as host of ABC's
and will be replaced by former host George Stephanopoulos. Amanpour will work on prime-time specials for the network and develop a new show focusing on...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
UNLV Shooter Was a 67-Year-Old Professor: Sources
Celebs' Jilted Exes Are Now Dating Each Other
Deputy Killed in Police Chase of Senator's Son
This Could Be Behind 'Mystery' Dog Illnesses
Trump Sets in Motion Fight That May Go to Supreme Court
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.